🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 3)

I noticed that Earthen have different names from regular Dwarves, that usually mean something, especially with their last name. Earthen names often sound almost orcish.

I would probably look for some mix of dwarven and scottish on the mix, like if i look these scottish names I get Mara, Cora, Lyra then I would make something of it with something like Moira on mind

Profile created in 2018, but barely ever used for posting. I think I will use this one. :dracthyr_a1:

1 Like

Make her female earthen and name her Laura or Kaisa after finnish womens first names, nobody will know its not really dwarven, nobody knows finnish names :slight_smile:

I went to school with a few Laura’s, it is (or was) a very popular British name and spent many years in the top 100 names here.

oh no, our names are revealed :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I like Eeva aswell, but theyre bit traditional names

My mother said she looked some list for most popular finnish names on the year that I was born and picked the most popular for first and second popular for the second name, I might aswell be John Doe but its alright theyre not bad names :joy:

I have the names of my two grandads as my two names. :dracthyr_a1: I’m so glad I don’t have those English names that were popular by the mid 80s like Jonathan or Brian (Kevin came a bit later in the 90s). :joy:

Also Laura is a popular name in every language I guess. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

Our sacred names spread to the world :grin:

1 Like

Its bit similar with this Moira etc theme that dwarfs names seem to be, could always give it a beard and name Murley aswell :smiley:

1 Like

(great album by the way, I have the CD).

1 Like

If I didnt know her from her songs I would think she is finnish singer named Laura :grin:

Also I don’t get why the name “Liam” got so popular (at least here). Is it because Liam Gallagher?? :joy:

Hmm Liam doesnt sound Italian I agree, but on other hand neither does Laura from Finnish womens first name :smiley:

If I ever get American citizenship I will change my name to Jack Colton after Michael Douglas in Romancing the Stone

My mum thought I was going to be a boy so had a terrible boys name picked out for me… thankfully I was a girl so she chose the first name that popped into her head :roll_eyes: spookily it turns out I have an ancestor with the same name so I like to think I was saved from being called Ian by the ghost of that ancestor :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Hate that guy…

I actually doubt Laura is Finnish, it will have it’s roots somewhere else and have spread across the globe like many other very popular names.

My name is originally Greek but has versions in pretty much every country, I imagine Laura is similar.

The most popular names in the last years here in Switzerland are Noah and Mia (but Liam is popular too), just checked statistics. In Ticino it’s Leonardo and Sofia since several years.

Few country use my name as womens name and the rest that use it use it for men, its traditional Finnish name and has its roots from bible like all old names mostly. And American cant pronounce it at all. Swedes use it as nickname for their longer traditional names.

My two names are of Greek and Germanic origin (both in the Italian variant).

1 Like

I am going to have a paladin earthern called Glitter and a warrior earthern called Sapphire, who ofc will be a mountain thane. Also thanks to a friend, I am gonna farm comp stomp later for honour to get the beautiful golden version of my current set!

2 Likes

Theyre continuing comp stomp for another week, saw the news yday :slight_smile:

I guess to compensate for the hassle that there were

2 Likes

It’s come round so fast!!!