šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 3)

Sam Elliot is almighty, also I think Jeff Bridges never got rid of the part :smiley:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a new series of Slow Horses btw, thatā€™s a good show. So is severance, if you havenā€™t seen it.

1 Like

Ah yeah I see s4 has started, were waiting on that one. Seems its night with sprite soda and few new episodes of good series tonight. Theres also rings of power that I were saving :dracthyr_a1:

Havent seen severance but it looks to have almost 9/10 imdb so Ill give it a try later, thank you :ok_hand:

1 Like

severance is so great, and itā€™s very weird. If you like that kinda thing. Oh And Devilā€™s Hour on prime was good.

2 Likes

Nostalgia timeā€¦ before I discovered WoW I was a huge Soul Calibur fanā€¦ Rock rocks! :elephant:

1 Like

Saphyre may have been defeated but his soul still burns!

That sounds like me when I go to my dadā€™s house to celebrate his birthday and he hasnā€™t given be a birthday card filled with money yet.

2 Likes

Me and my neighbour both own snakes - great fun at Halloween when the little [redacted] knock on our doorsā€¦

1 Like

Fun getting stuck in the service elevator at work for half an hour after it just abruptly stopped with such a bangā€¦ :weary:

2 Likes

Aye, could be home eating pizza pepperone with added mozzarella and bacon slices :dracthyr_a1:

5 Likes

Nudges plate over edge

6 Likes

Good morning! Today Iā€™ll attend my cousinā€™s wedding, if Iā€™m drunk tonight youā€™ll know why. :eyes:

4 Likes

Have to go to a party this weekend. there is no escape.

https://ibb.co/GMP0pMS

https://www.ted.com/talks/sir_ken_robinson_bring_on_the_learning_revolution?subtitle=en&lng=it&geo=it

If anyone has nothing to listen to this speech is very interesting and shares a different PoV.
Itā€™s not WoW related at all though.

2 Likes

Havent seen food pics in while so heres one, todays lazy meal :slight_smile:

paprika, chili, onion, mashed potato and sausage :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Heā€™s right, but fixing it is not easy.
Despite all its flaws the modern education system is really good at the one thing that we (unfortunately) regards as the most important task of the education system; churning out people with diplomas at a very high cost efficiency.
I donā€™t think hoping for a cultural revolution is a sound tactic so the next best bet is finding an even more cost efficient alternative that purposely or accidentally improve the situation.
I think that alternative is ā€œaiā€. Each student could have their own personal tutor tailored to their specific needs and interests at a fraction of the cost of what a human tutor would cost and it could all be done from the comfort of your home rather than a costly school (it would obviously cost as much or even more for the consumer/taxpayer of course, but it would all be profit margins).
I donā€™t think aiā„¢ is currently anywhere near what I would deem acceptable levels to trust my kids education with it and even if, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d ever trust a corporate and/or government provided indoctrination and data collecting software.
Still though. Iā€™d bet this is the future of education and as with the current system, it will have flaws but it might improve things as well. Intentionally or accidentally.

Watched his other ted talks. His use of comedy to deliver a point almost makes him more of standup comedian ^^
His observations are very accurate though.
Thanks for sharing, Iā€™ll check out more of his stuff.

2 Likes

Here we call them ā€œWienerliā€, thereā€™s a variant of them with cheese insideā€¦ now I want one (or two)! :eyes:

One of the best lazy meals for me is cheese-Wienerli with istant-Rƶsti :yum:

4 Likes

I love proper rosti though itā€™s almost impossible to get here. The best Iā€™ve found in the UK are these

But sadly my local Waitrose doesnā€™t sell them and theyā€™re almost always out of stock when I do an online order ā€¦ so I have to shift my backside and drive 6 or 7 miles to my nearest ā€˜bigā€™ Waitrose only to find theyā€™ve run out too. But itā€™s worth it for the possibility :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeau, these look very good for camping and day hikes too :ok_hand:

2 Likes