šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 3)

Thats strange to hear, I like these frozen variants from dozen different brands that we have in any regular grocery stores sold with name rƶstiperuna. Could also make it from potatos self but Im too lazy for that

2 Likes

Nice one, I sadly donā€™t see a change to these stream lined education systems

Iā€™ve learned more stuff outside of school instead of being there, which is quite a shame given how expensive education is

Promoting apprenticeship. Thatā€™s kinda taboo in my country but schoolā€™s boring. If it were not for work studies programs, I would have dropped.

1 Like

Cat Becomes Well-Cited Scholar

I also hate if its tied to some time windows even if theres nothing of important, if have to go sit somewhere for half day of not much value. Eagerly waiting any future educations that might have to go study if have to change careers.

1 Like

Will be pretty funny if go through next 2 years of this expansion without never step foot out of this town, Ive leveled 2 chars by now without starting campaign or going to the zones or having any clue what they would benefit me. If this is the ā€œfreedom of choiseā€ I saw them talk about Idk if this is the way. I think its better in mmo when everything is integrated to the whole experience and they dont let you advance if you dont play it all

2 Likes

Depending on the topic. Given my nerdyness, one can pretty much guess which course Iā€™ve picked between literature, ā€œSciencesā€ and Economics during 11th and 12th grade.

Yup, Iā€™ve wrote science between quotes since only literature students got to actually study what they wanted, le neither maths nor physics nor whateverā€™s the choice between engineering and biology. On the other hand, sciences students had to deal with history and literature (converted to philosophy during senior year) so we didnā€™t get to dodge these useless subjects. As it turns out, watching pre 2020 AMC bangers shows was more interesting than learning aboot Socrates.

Reason as to why Iā€™ve left Uni is that most of cs teachers are actually unskilled engineers whose only available career path was to teach waterfall and kind of deprecated useless stuff.

Rant over.

Maybe AI is the solution to find people true potential instead of throwing standard courses for everyone and not keeping kids and teens engage with whatever studies they want to pursue if they want any ā€“ I feel that nowadays many jobs have been devalued of their importance because of what kind of subjects are involved, not everyone has and can be good at, E.G. medicine, but it doesnā€™t mean that the job their have chosen makes them less important to society ; unfortunately I have seen and know a fair amount of people that believe this is the case.
However, I think that kids and teens should participate in regular classes occasionally in order to develop their social skills as it could be difficult to grow a kid in a limited environment like their home; dealing with other kids and with different situations that could happen when one socialize helps peopleā€™s overall growth.

Having used AI myself, I absolutely agree AI as it is right now hasnā€™t reach the point of being suited to educate young people. And it, of course, has the risk of being manipulated by a corporation, though, in my opinion and if I overthink about it isnā€™t that already happening in modern schools and media which so many younglings are part of nowadays?

I will not share tinfoil hat conspiracies but his talk was very interesting indeed.

I replied it a bit late as I didnā€™t just want to write: ā€œLOL KEKW TRUUUUā€.

1 Like

Itā€™s surprising how many students choose literature just because they canā€™t deal with math and they want a degree instead of truly liking literature.

1 Like

My father knows someone who studied literature and philosophy at La Sorbonne, ie the most prestigious French literature university. Well, he ended up working jobs that donā€™t require any degree from warehouse clerk to school monitor. We of course need them as a society, but Iā€™m saying he quite wasted 5 years of his life and that working would have probably landed him more valuable experience. Even being a cleaner in a creche did provide lessons, such as organizing a path in accordance with a time set.

Thatā€™s a harsh truth nobody cares to point out : we do have a massive influx of students in literature (including philosophy) and there is just not enough jobs at the end. As a result, weā€™re witnessing an entire generation assuming doing studies would land them a yearly 40k wage and are therefore complaining theyā€™re not being paid this much.

After last high school reform which terminated Sciences, Literature and Economics subjects, the amount of students that picked engineering, regardless of field (It, Automobile, energy, you name them) dropped by 20% across boys and girls. Thatā€™s alarming since they wanted to get the exact opposite result by doing so.

Ye work studies with apprenticeships is really the way to go currently and what I usually recommend.
Studies arenā€™t usually much different than at a regular school but the apprenticeships is gold. Laser focused on that one profession and tailored after that one specific employer hosting it. But if you know what you want to do and this is it, thereā€™s really nothing better.
And you can usually do them later in life once youā€™ve figured out what you want to do in life.

I think focusing on each students needs and desires is the way to go to unlock their potential and I donā€™t think ai is the best solution, but I think itā€™s probably the most realistic, or likely to happen.
If I could flick a magic wand and assign a passionate teacher to maybe just a group of five students and give them all the time and funding they need I would.
Homeschooling is practically illegal here so itā€™s not an option. Trying to find a calm, quiet school with dedicated teachers is really the only option available currently.

This I feel is changing some in my area, especially amongst young women whom are more and more entering into traditional ā€œdemeaningā€ and more physically intensive, men dominated fields. Construction workers, machine operators, lorry drivers, military etc.
I think a lot of it is due partly to a very heavy campaign by a lot of employers to destigmatize these professions and also the fact that they often pay better than a lot of entry and medium positions with the more traditionally viewed important jobs like medicine, law, science etc.

I think so too.
But at the same time the ways in we as a society socialize is quite different from when I was growing up. Iā€™d imagine socializing primarily online will become more prevalent in the future so maybe theyā€™re better equipped for it than I am.

Thatā€™s a very fair point.
Itā€™s is not as bad here yet as it is in the states but it has definitively become noticeable.
ā€¦Our media on the other hand is just straight up a propaganda machine ^^

Indeed it was.
Oh and feel free to ignore my tinfoil moments. Iā€™d probably even recommend you doing so. Iā€™m very cynical and I love conspiracies ^^

1 Like

Yesterdayā€™s lunch out

6 Likes

Choose biology and become scientist and fix me!

1 Like

Iā€™m from an Asian family so itā€™s all aboot efficiency, meaning I didnā€™t wait later in my life. Iā€™m pretty well of now.

Itā€™s way more interactive than dragging myself in courses

I ainā€™t a magician, eh

2 Likes

But you could be scientician and invent miracles of science I recon :thinking:

Good morningā€¦ last two summery days (26-27Ā°C) due to ā€œFƶhnā€ (itā€™s a warm wind that comes down from the Alps), then temperatures should cool down for good. :dracthyr_a1:

4 Likes

Good afternoon all.

2 Likes

And a good afternoon to you good sir.

fennec fox surf.

4 Likes

If we list one good thing that came from df, one would be this season 2 shredder tmog for rog. Other would be the mage tower warlock mog but that would be listing two things

1 Like