đŸș Overwolf Addon Management Changeover - *NOW* 2nd December

Alright. Well it doesnt bother me that much since im just gonna keep it closed. When theres something that works 100% ill switch or if i get issues from this even while keeping it shut.

Normally when you remove a programme it has an option to uninstall it and/or you can pick it up in add/remove programmes. These were not options for WowUp.

It also had folders/files and bits dotted all over my pc. They are now all gone but it took a lot more effort to get rid than it should have.

So even if I don’t like how things work with Curseforge I will not go back to WowUp. However I didn’t really want to highlight the issues I had again as I think people should make up their own minds.

They can try an alternative, there is a whole list on

https://ogri-la.github.io/wow-addon-managers/

Or they can try Overwolf to see if it lives up to it’s reputation.

So far OW is not causing me any issues at all.

I installed Overwolf for another game, took me 3 days to get rid of it and all the malware and bloatware. Now I am now saying it’s the same now, but I for one won’t go near it again.

2 Likes

I’m trying OW atm I literally run it once a day to update and then close it. It’s not running in the background.

The alternatives don’t run in the background either unless you keep them open as far as I’m aware.

I can totally understand those that have had issues with an app before wont use it again.

I have heard all sorts of horror stories.

Yeah all i need is a program to do the updating for me . It wont be open more than 5 minutes per day for me. With all these horror stories im just having these images of my computer getting 600 adds 
well adult adds like the old days and me not being able to press X on them fast enough :smiley:

If you try it go through the overwolf app settings and then the curseforge app settings and make sure it’s doing exactly what you want. All apps seem to have an annoying habit of wanting to not close or run on start up by default. You can also turn off all the personalisation for ads and stuff.

I rejected everything theres a button to reject all, also i made it so it wont open on start, then i went to the overwolf app and denied all the little bars that they had there too. Also i havent logged into anything so they have no information of me.

1 Like

WoWup is just an executable, it literally has no folders on my pc and closes as soon as I close it so if I want rid of it I delete the executable.

It literally was a problem, it literally required me to get my IT expert to come and obliterate it from my computer, it literally had folders/files and bits on my pc in strange locations that would not go.

I do not want to deter anyone from using it which is why I do not see any purpose in this discussion. I am unwilling to use that particular addon manager myself because of the issues I had.

*edit to add the link again for the selection of alternatives to Overwolf.

1 Like

You have no idea how programs works

You can write program in notepad and save it as exe file not not txt file and nwo you will have a program on your drive! Without installing it! How to delete that program now? Move it to trash and make trash empty.

Have you ever remove files that are not removed by any unistaller? Yes msot of programms have hiden files in your c drive. But most pc users have IQ of potatoe so they have no idea what they have on they drives.

You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to what happened on my computer.

You are making presumptions based on no factual knowledge. Nothing you have said applies to this case. There was nothing in trash and I’m not talking about hidden files on my c drive.

I do not understand why some have to take it so personally that someone else had a problem/issue arise from using an addon manager.

Once again there are a whole selection of addon manager alternatives available. You can find a list on places like

Or you can just test Overwolf’s version

Twitch will keep working until 2nd December.

3 Likes

I would rather take in malware than use wowhead, wowhead is a corrupt, and awful website with the lowest of lowest people working for it. Greedy, and corrupt individuals.

Curseforge seems legit, they ask for money, want to make money. No frauds there, I have malware security, and anti-virus downloaded, so not a problem here.

Did you really mean wowhead?

They don’t do an addon manager as far as I’m aware. They are a news site/resource site for World of Warcraft.

1 Like

They’re a site of corruption, making deals behind blizzards back, pretending to help people to make huge profits. They’re the lowest of scum. And I heard a bird sing about wowhead maybe wanting to buy the rights from twitch to make people able to download addons on their site.

Oooo conspiracies

1 Like

Overwolf has bought the rights from Twitch. I very much doubt Wowhead is getting involved with that.

Where did you hear that?

Don’t remember, It might have been youtube, or on reddit somewhere. There have been disscussion since lots of people use wowhead for information, it would be a genious idea for them to add more ads to their website, and partner up with more money profitable projects if millions of more people not using wowhead had to go to wowhead to download their addons.

Not a conspiracy, just facts. Faefu, under the premise of wanting to help people they slowly added ads, and other things to their table, partnered up with corrupt discord communities doing RMT, and running lots of corrupt activity projects, their only purpose for helping people was to this day to grow so big that now they can promote streamers to make money, make influencers and run more corrupt BS.

Its just a matter of time before blizzard gets off their A and figures that out, or someone leaks it.

1 Like

If it’s a fact then how come I can not find any info on official side?

1 Like

Kyrel, because wowhead is friends their whole top branch is friends that work together, they had the same goal to scam, and fraud people, undet the premise of offering help.

They wouldn’t sell each other out.
Where as method with Gallywix was a bunch of people and they had no real system, that is also what happend to method, only a streamer decided to destroy method, and then all the attention went on method, and we found out more, people that were friends ,started leaking things.

Its just about time kyrel. You see it every day. You see it in the arena tournaments, in the mdi. Sometimes they have casters with no experience in pvp, or pve, its to promote - and then we see them pop up on twitch and since they were casting they get famous. etc.

Not a whole lot of people are truly genuine, and wowhead is the top corrupt site, with the most awful of people, and following suit is the MDI, the arena tournaments and blizzard.

Give it time. It’ll all be exposed at some point.

1 Like