🐺 Overwolf Addon Management Changeover - *NOW* 2nd December

can´t wait to learn that icyvains are not who we thought they were.

2 Likes

it is always good to see another genius like myself shedding light on a grand conspiracy they have found. this seems like something you should bring to the attention of the wider public

No, I leave it to the pissed off and angry person leaking it when it happens. I just don’t use wowhead. <3

I had that in an earlier version as well. Hasn’t happened at all with the latest version.

Surely your virus program must have an option for you to allow it through?

well, it´s protecting me from something which is a good sign. it accepted overwolf though which was weird.

And don´t call me “Surely”

lol I wasn’t calling anyone “surely” :joy:
I said “surely” as in “I’m sure there must be an option…”
No need to snap at me like that for trying to help out.

when i update with wowup i have to remake all addon settings again, like scrap lists, auto quest turn in settings per character, etc…i think its bad

awh man, i did a dad joke /cry

Have you not seen the movie airplane?

You could try one of the other alternatives instead, to see if that’s any better.

3 Likes

lol yes! ^,…^

1 Like

I say that all the time xD

1 Like

lol sorry. No, I have not seen that one. Guess I’ll have to now :grin:

2 Likes

I’m not installing it.

They straight up admitted that the reason they didn’t want people to not use the app was because they wouldn’t be able to sell your data in such a case. That says everything I need to know.

And besides i don’t need overlay number 26. Got plenty of trouble getting rid of those foisted upon me already, including that from Steam and Xbox and Origin and Ubisoft. Sometimes, when starting a game, it will start 4 overlays at once. Go away overlays. :frowning:

2 Likes

Definitely no to overlays!!

There are plenty of alternatives, so it’s easy to avoid Overwolf if you want to. Twitch is going on the 2nd (December) and you’ll no longer be able to update through them.

https://ogri-la.github.io/wow-addon-managers/

There is of course the old fashioned way of updating if that appeals. I just use too many addons to make that practical and most don’t tell you when a new version is available.

Absolutely. I got really mad when they announced they’d block 3rd party ones. Glad they reversed it.

But I wouldn’t have installed Overwolf anyway. I’d just have manually updated when a new patch came out.

Overwolf is not coming within 1km of my PC.

Edit: and besides it probably won’t work anyhow. I’m a Linux user most of the time, including when I play WoW. Wowup has a native client. :slight_smile:

I honestly think they weren’t expecting the huge backlash they suffered. I’m glad they changed their tune.

That link I gave before can filter for Linux, you can choose yes from the drop down menu. I have no experience using them so I have no idea what they are like, but if you wanted to try it’s an option.

Got what I need, but thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It stores stuff in AppData, such as logs. Not exactly sure what 1.x stores because I barely used it. 2.0 comes with an installer and is installed in your AppData, where it also stores some stuff.

1 Like