+10 underrot

Sadly, being a Ret Paladin is going to screw you over, especially if you can’t back it up with iLevel and RIO, which boggles my mind considering Ret has solid damage and a lot of utility vs the vast majority of affixes. I’m a KS-Master with 1780 last season just by solo-pugging - would have gotten more if it wasn’t so difficult to be invited due to my class. Currently a measly 1k RIO this season due returning many weeks after the Naz-Patch but I try my luck every day.

Just out of an FH-12 stomp (PuG) and was surprised to be invited at all, yet topped the DPS & Damage Done charts, but that’s because Ret is an AoE monster, and Mythic+ is AoE heaven (even though our ST DPS is also solid and consistent). BoK & BoW is always handy for the tank and healer, saved people with BoP and LoH numerous times, can cheese bosses/mechanics with bubble/freedom, and doing all that with decent DPS – but hey, I’m a Paladin, which means Joe Soap who treats a +10 like it’s Competitive Mythic has a low chance of inviting me over some other class that can do comparable damage.

As people have said, your best bet is to do other keys to up your RIO. I spent a lot of time signing up to PuG’s and seeing a chat-box full of “Declined”, despite being one of the most reliable dungeoneers you’ll get in a PuG. That’s just the way the holy cookie crumbles. People tend to lighten up a bit when they see you’ve made good progress, but even ilevel and RIO isn’t a guarantee.

In short, so long as you stick to one single key, your chances are slim when it comes to 10+ PuGs, though you could try to join some Mythic communities. There’s quite a few of them around that organize keys and aren’t so reliant on “Is this person X class and have Y requirements that I deem worth inviting?”

2 Likes

If you were playing for achievements you’d do a key at +10 in every dungeon ;). I kid, there is an achievement but not everyone wants to do every single achievement.

But if you are just doing mount runs you don’t really need to get into a +10

1 Like

But I care since I’ve been nelf since vanilla and I am kind of glad the racial is not completely useless and we have something besides wisp. I do not like nerfs based on arena 2.5k or MDI

1 Like

Good, then we are done talking and I will invite people who know mechanics and don’t just play for a silly mount :slight_smile:

No score, low ilvl, spec with bad rep.
push your own key to get some +10s done then people may invite your after hour or two of applying to gruops

How is 437 low ilvl? My highest is 440 with every week a +10 (or higher) chest :thinking:
I have finished multiple +15’s in time with 2 ret paladins (and 1 bm hunter).
He has a good amount of experience in the dungeon. Would take any time for Underrot +10.

1 Like

This is the mentality that needs to go. Shortcuts everywhere.

No you won’t, because there will be people with better score, better spec and higher ilvl.

I usually just take the first that signs actually… and I would never decline a ret. Especially not with a nice 437 ilvl. I am myself 440 and do +15’s and 1 dps in my group is 436. I don’t know what this is about.

2 Likes

That is what i said, he can keep applying for a few hours untill he meets someone who doesn’t care who he/she invite. Or op can spend some time making himself a bit more attractive for group leaders.

No not all players, classes, specs etc are equal. And a stranger looking at LFD tool has no way knowing how good or bad player behind the character is - and only two ways to measure potential strength of a player is ilevel and RIO.

Darn me posting before fixing my wordings 3 times. Flightpath forum posting on its finest

Hey, if you need some help, feel free to contact me in game and I can get us into some groups or alternatively, I might get underrot key of my own that could be used.

1 Like

If player is good, ilvl and rio go up, it is not hard to be good in wow these days (never was to be honest). Own keystone is always there as well. I did some 10+s on my sub 420 bear with 440+ people without any problems (with my onw key ofc), so if player is capable of doing something, game has all means to achieve that.

I haven’t done a mythic in almost a year and even my score is like 86X, just do a few more and you’ll be fine i’m sure :smiley:

The biggest gating in this game is effort. It used to be time and effort, now it is just effort. Not all of us can become gladiators or Method-guys, and that’s ok, but Blizzard also has made sure that most of content is accessible to everyone. You can get gear, you can get experience - just have to invest some will to it.

If RIO is too low, solution is - as you said too - to make own groups and work things up, or hang out with guildies or friends. for example I am not big deal of PUGing person, and I didn’t do any M+ on S1, nor S2 most parts, but 1st a friend asked me to tag along, then bored guildies started to answer ‘any M+’ calls, and I’ve gone from 0 to someone, who runs occasionally 17s to +2. Said character is not really a raid character either - her gear is mainly from M+, world.

1 Like

You’re too kind to a guy that doesn’t want to put any effort in himself.

Ya maybe, but I see it as something that doesn’t really cost me anything, I’ll have to do some 10 on all played chars I have anyway and if I can help, why not.
That said, if he wouldn’t have written that he has been doing it for the whole patch and as such should be equipped with sufficient skill, I wouldn’t be so accomodating.

3 Likes

He’s not interested in building his score and only runs Underrot, I agree if he ran other keys it would soon go up. He just wants to farm for the mount :wink:

1 Like

Ahh I understood that, I just think if he’s willing to be so dedicated to do something so religiously, he may as well invest a few hours to raising the confidence of others around him :smiley:

1 Like

One can get the look alike quicker from achievement than trust RNG.