Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

Update – 2:20 a.m. CET February 6

We have been reading your thoughts on the Corruption changes and have decided to hold them for regional restarts next week. We understand the impact they will make on your gear selection and agree that it makes more sense to do it at the start of a week.

Also during regional restarts, we plan to make some tuning changes to Mythic N’Zoth to better align the encounter with the changes that are being made to players’ Corrupted items.

Thank you all for your feedback on this.

Update – 5 February 8:40 p.m. CET

Soon today, we’re going to make the following adjustments in a single hotfix:

• Echoing Void damage has been reduced by 50%.
    • Echoing Void no longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.
  • Deadly Momentum’s buff duration has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • Void Ritual’s stat bonus per stack has been approximately doubled at each rank.
  • Surging Vitality’s Versatility value has been increased by 10%.
  • Avoidant now subjects you to 20% less Corruption at each rank.

Original post – 4 February

We’d like to give everyone a heads up that we’re working on tuning adjustments to several Corruption Effects. While we don’t have exact amounts just yet, we have some certainty that in the next 24 hours, we will:

• Reduce the effectiveness of Echoing Void significantly.
  • Increase the effectiveness of Void Ritual by a small amount.
  • Increase the duration of Deadly Momentum, so that its buff doesn’t fall off.

At this time, we’re also considering:

• Reducing the damage done by Twilight Devastation.
  • Increasing the effectiveness of other Corruption Effects.

Again, we intend to complete these changes in the next 24 hours, and we’ll let you know as soon as we’re set on final tuning numbers.

Thank you!

7 Likes

Nice timing.Not.

8 Likes

is the corruption going to be reduced too? (doubt it)
If you keep going like this, corrupted gear will not worth wearing at all…

3 Likes

Awesome.
Could you just get rid of it completely whilst you’re at it?

35 Likes

Nerfing things two weeks into mythic ID always seems awful.

It’s like waiting for 200 guilds to beat a boss and buff it afterwards.

I mean I’m not saying you’re wrong, but the timing is flat out rude.

4 Likes

Hm it would be nice if they for next patch made some kind of test realm, some beta or ptr type of realm where ppl could test those new systems before they go live.
Now please moment of silence for those that spent milions of golds on items which are getting nerfed and another moment of silence for those that cleansed their corrupted effect which were trash but getting buffed.

23 Likes

Why not make certain corruptions non stackable instead?

I just checked a few logs.

Try checking for DPS check bosses how much damage Echoing Void did to them.

Shad’har as an example, being the first real dps check. You’re now nerfing Echoing Void significantly. I’ll assume it’s 50%. That takes 3-5% of total damage away from guilds who’ve beaten it.

I’m baffled.

Honestly.

Nice timing. So NA gets to reclear with OP echoing void while EU has to see how it works out without it because you can’t roll out those changes with the reset in each locations or what?

I’m absolutely dumbstruck how nobody at blizzard was able to predict the outcome of this after PTR testing and how nobody realized that the timing is simply god awful unless you significantly nerf bosses at the same time.

2 Likes

Well, Echoing Void is OP at this level of corruption. So there is no need to reduce the corruption it gives, if you do that, you just have to farm more EV and you have the same problem that its op as hell. Its just lucky if you are good at dps at this moment. If you get good corruption you are pretty high in dps. If you are not… then you can just farm M+6 till you get it so you can post it and get in grps for +10-+15

What a shi.tshow this game has become. blizzard balancing is blowing my mind. people spend millions of gold and hours to farm their items and now you nerf it? whats wrong with you? should have been done 2 weeks ago when it was already obvious that corruption gear is broken A…F…ck

5 Likes

The problem with the corruption system is simple, the damage/healing/tanking benefits have to be worth it for the downsides to be worth putting up with. If the traits are too weak it’s simply not worth dealing with the extra mechanics.

The corruption system in my opinion right now is similar to the legendaries in legion with all the pitfalls of that system (not getting the right corruption can mean sitting on the bench).

(P.S Blizzard for the love of god don’t nerf Infinite Stars again, I spent 1 million gold on these damn boots, I went without food and water to buy these things :D)

2 Likes

Please don’t go overboard with the nerfs, I’d rather have weaker ones buffed!

Also I got 2x void rituals! time to fish for a 3rd O-O and bathe in all the glorious stats!

4 Likes

Seems good.
Some number tuning here and there was really the only request I had for the Corruption system. So assuming the changes will level the playing field a little bit, then I’m quite satisfied.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Honestly, at this point just remove corruption alltogether, reduce HP of stuff accordingly and focus on Shadowlands. Let ilvl and secondary stats dictate upgrades. You already screwed over most people who cleansed corruptions that u are buffing or who spent significant ammount of gold or time to get corruptions u are now nerfing.
Honestly, how are guilds supposed to meet dps requirements now that u overnerf Echoing Void if they invested everything into getting it?
Up until 8.3 positives still outweighted negatives in my eyes when it comes to BFA, but at this point it seems your goal is to screw over everyone for no reason…

16 Likes

Nice move to balance corruption again and again after progression has started. And after some players farmed hours and hours for the BiS corruption just to see it nerfed (and cleansed useless ones which are buffed). Echoing Void may be a bit too strong for tanks, but in terms of DDs infinite and some other already beat it in terms of dps per corruption. So why the nerf (again)? Just to be a pain for all who invested time to farm it? You really know how to annoy your playerbase lately.
As a tank corruption is a bad system and without a proper effect you clearly want to stay at 0 corruption. Nerf EV into uselessness? Ok I farm TD until this gets nerfed too and after that I ignore this mess of a system.

7 Likes

Will you “adjust” hp in raids and m+ as well? Nerf to echoing void is also nerf to overall group dps. Why don’t you just up underperforming corruptions instead? Extremely disappointed

6 Likes

Nice, the only good corrupted item i have ( out of only 3 i have gotten ) has EV Rank 2.

… now i can feel even worse while standing in melee range as range DD.

Fun times.

2 Likes

Revert the blanket pvp corruption nerfs if u keep nerfing them

1 Like

Same for me with the exception that I have no other corrupted items. Now I hope to not get a trinket in my weekly chest. But even then it will probably be another 6-9% increase for a stat where i only have 300 points in.

1 Like