Actions Taken Against Unfair Gameplay

Yesterday, we issued numerous suspensions to WoW accounts that were found to be violating our Code of Conduct. Affected players were e-mailed with details about the violation and suspension – a great many of which were found to be using anti-AFK cheats or bots that automate movement, especially in Alterac Valley.

This was the most-recent in a series of similar actions we’ve taken to address unfair gameplay in WoW Classic.

Please be reminded that using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

We’ll continue to monitor reports of and take actions against players who circumvent AFK rules. If you come across a player violating the Code of Conduct policies, please report them.

Thank you.

32 Likes

Is win trading a thing now in WSG? Or just conspiracys today among players.

aw yis lads, only took 6 months

6 Likes

Better late than never.

7 Likes

we have a big list of boters

wouldn’t be shocked if they are still gonna be around, i pray otherwise tho

there are tons of known bots running around for months. and i caught many new ones just this week, do we need to wait 6 months until the next pr banwave now? you guys can whisper someone in wsg 5 minutes after they do one wrong jump so should be possible

2 Likes

Please can you guys check out the stratholme bots? Theres always a group which has 3 mages, a priest and a druid, all guildless farming strat living and selling righteous orbs on the auction house. You can see them sometimes in ironforge/undercity and their movements are clearly bot like as they all follow the exact same path.
I’ve sent in a hundred reports on the same bots as they pass through ironforge but they seem to not be getting punished after weeks of seeing them.

Thank you.

14 Likes

So does this include multi-boxing? People who use multi-boxing in PVP clearly gain an unfair advantage that degrades the gaming experience for other players.

21 Likes

No mutli-boxing is not boting. Enough with this. These are active accounts controlled by a player. If you get ganked by 20 characters it’s all the same to you if they are controlled by 1 person or by 20. Also it’s not like all these accounts are getting full honor. The reward is split among them. So unless the multi-boxer is griefing it’s not a violation.

1 Like

I’m not saying it’s botting. I’m saying that according to the criteria put forward by Blizzard multi-boxing should no longer be allowed in some cases. Let’s be real, the only reason why it’s not already banned is because it makes Blizzard’s money.

14 Likes

It’s allowed because it’s a person behind the controls. There are so few multi-boxers that it’s hardly and issue. And if we are going to be honest the code of conduct or TOS is clear about griefing but no Horde players where banned during phase two despite the 24/7 non-stop camping. Compared to that multi-boxers don’t even register.

2 Likes

It has been allowed because it was deemed to not be against the rules. However the rule clarification posted above suggests that certain types of multi-boxing should not be allowed. I also do not think that Blizzard failing to uphold the rules in the past should be a reason for them to not uphold the rules in the future.

5 Likes

Now all we need are the bans for using terrain exploits.

AS for the ban, let me guess, six months, that is terrible, what happened to permabans?

3 Likes

Finally. Should be ashamed that it took this long.

1 Like

Nice, finally something.
Gonna check how many living players are farming living stratholme as soon as i come home.

1 Like

Burf warlocks!!! Good to ban the cheaters!!

2 Likes

I have a question: yesterday I updated my addons (including DBM) by using Twitch app. After joining AV i noticed, that all blue turn-ins quests are automatically handled in. I found a checkbox in DBM addon, that allow you to do this and unchecked it, fearing the ban.
Question: is it against Code of Conduct? Addons shouldn’t be made against CoC at all in my opinion, but just wanted to be sure. Can anyone confirm it for me, please?

A guildie of mine has been banned for botting while he just left his pet in aggressive mode while a rogue bot farming stuff near him has been left untouched.

Nice automatic system you got here.

Alliance has been winning more and more AV games lately. Recent actions by Blizzard show that this is clearly unintended and very unfair to Horde players. Please provide a fix for this injustice soon Blizzard!

How long have battlegrounds been available in Classic?

math

To be fair, that’s also pretty damn slow.

the kind of line anyone can have a go with