2400 rating vs. Mythic +10

PvE gear shouldn’t be good in arenas even though it has higher item level but PvP gear should be thrash in PvE as well

Like, why should you be able to skip content in PvE

2 Likes

You havent played much pvp above 2k in bfa, have you ? Never seen arena being this tryhard before. At least in 2v2 the things you mentioned are a reason to lose instant.

1 Like

Well, that’s the point of arena isn’t it? :grin:

That much is true. In BfA it’s like everyone tryhards on the level of a 2.2k+ player as soon as you’re above 1.8.

It’s either the shrinking player pool which has left only the good / hardcore players playing arena, or just people being overall better due to BfA being a late xpac. Obviously the skill will be higher than the early xpacs.

1 Like

If you are 2400 you get a +5 ilvl better item from box and if you are 2100 you get the same , Also its very easy if you are 2400 or 2100 to do the +10 while on the other hand the pve guy has no chance even for 2100 loot box.Its alot harder for the pve guy to climb 2100 for extra same ilvl loot.

S3 Notorious Elite trophy which drops from box(chance) will be very good for upgrating targeted items with gem slot to 445ilvl . Gem slot at the moment is 50 stat which is like +17ilvl to an item and alot more for ring which has no main stat like strength.Being able to choose the item you want is a huge plus.

Pvp box can drop max ilvl azerite piece armor while the pve cant.

Pve box has a huge loot table with more chances on scrap gear.(talking as retri)

I have been 2100 or 2400 in atleast one bracket both seasons and i get more loot from boxes than the pve guys .
2 items max, Residuum, azerite item chance(pve players dont have) , trophy for targeted upgrade(Pve players dont have).
My pve friends will never open a duelist +box while i get their max loot so easy.

I will push 2100 this week and my loot will be x2 440 item. i am allready double loot ahead of them.

There are 2 solutions for your post .
The one is to give the max pvp box at 1600 which is the same difficulty as +10 so the pve guys can have it easy as we do or give the max pve box at +20 keys which is hard enough as 2400. None of this are good for us the pvpers :slight_smile:

yeah problem with this right now (imo at least) is there’s literally no “middle ground”. Either you get to 2100/2400 in PvP or you gear in PvE. Last season you had to wait a full rotation before the PvP chest gear was of any usable ilvl and outside that you needed WF/TF to beat PvE gear and the drops are so low/useless as well.

I kinda wish the PvP requirements were 1.8-2k or that the current +10 was at 1.8/2k and they put some other ilvl at like +20/2.4k.

Right now its okay as its the start but soon I’ll probably have a choice and last season it was “attempt to push when disc is terrible and PvP is not fun to get no rewards til 2.1 or focus on m+ which is trivial but at least I find it fun since I started doing it with friends at +15 or so”.

Currently PvP requires 1/2 of 3 things - rewards, fun and pushing rating. When Fun is out of the equation and you need high rating for any reward, its hard to decide to do it. So I am hoping this season is more fun.

At 1600 rat, sure you are not getting oneshot.

1 Like

But 2400 is not as hard as +10 though. Arena is known to be far easier than mythic plus. Most 2400+ players struggle on +5s let alone +10s.

1 Like

lol? Cheers for the laugh

1 Like

wtf you talking about, pve players can get max ilvl azerite from chest also

1 Like

Comparing pve that is ALWAYS the same to pvp where you face ppl playing different based on situation big lol.

You need 20ppl for mythic raid and it makes it harder?:smiley: imagine mythic raiding with less ppl, less raid.cooldowns. Once you wipe for 500times and break item level barrier you will eventually kill this scripted dummy. Look at method. They were just pulling boss until they had perfect pull, less rng, less mini fails etc.

If you lose in arena you lose rating, if you wipe on boss you just lose some gold. If you cant kill last boss you just farm raid until you are full geared and you can start your 1k wipes until people learn tactic perfectly.

Btw isnt m+10 equal to 2.1k, not 2.4k? Also you can get 445 random azerite every 2 weeks with +15.

Also about 1 mistake = dead. Play vs decent rmd. If you use your trinket bad you die next go in seconds. If you overlap cooldowns you die, if you are too greedy and not kill you die. Sometimes wrong use of one cooldown on miscommunication means lose

1 Like

M+10 is 2.1 yea in rewards. it looks like mythic raiding to me is difficult in the sense its a huge time sink and to do things like world first kills requires a lot of skill, dedication and time. Its a different type of difficulty to pvp.

But m+10 is I would say about as hard as getting a 1550 achievement in pvp. I’ve carried geared people up to 9-10ish this season and I’m bad in PvE. m+ is just about knowing the dungeons and tactics which takes some time but is just a small learning curve and once ilvl goes up it gets easier and easier which isn’t the same at all in PvP.

If you had to do like +20 keys for the same gear then I reckon it would be closer. That also basically requires no screw up (unless of course you have a BR)

pve is harder lord kelduril has spoken.

/sarcasm

2 Likes

Sad days indeed

pvp is same as pve these days anyway lul

Yes the cap for the chest should be increased from +10 to atleast a +12 for that item level! You don’t even need to do the place in time and you will still get a chest reward so you are literally being rewarded for failing. You lose at 2099 you wont get a duelist item you go down 15 points. The difference between getting 2.4 compared to completing a +10)in time or not( is literally unprecedented

Azerite parts does not drop from chest since the tides of vengeance patch where residumm introduced. Inform yourself next time. This is live 8 months now.

Blizzard has announced that Mythic+ Azerite Armor and the Weekly Chest will be receiving some changes in Tides of Vengeance. The changes include a currency system for Azerite Armor from Mythic+ which you can spend to buy Azerite Armor from Thaumaturge Vashreen.

Here are a summary of the changes:

• The Weekly Chest will no longer drop Azerite Armor but instead drop a Mythic+ currency in addition to the normal loot.

In nearly 6 weeks of the season there are only 65 people above 2.4 in 3v3.
Whereas everyone in WoW pve or pvp are flying through +10’s.
So thats 65 people, plus the 330 people in 2v2 above 2.4 compared to the hundreds of thousands of players flying through +10 repeatedly every week. I’m flying through +12’s on my undergeared alts too. Jesus Christ blizzard, seriously!!! How is this even? The amount of people with 2.4+ is less than players defeating the bosses in the new mythic raid released a few weeks ago too. How is right to you?

2 Likes

The reward system is another fail design from the crew_incompetence lead by the biggest fail in WoW lead-design history - Ion.
PvP is an ELO system, while PvE is a static non-concurrent “point” system. You can’t even compare them on a pure objective base. When you lose in PvP you lose standing, which you have to first take back, before even thinking about going forward.
In PvE you don’t lose anything that is relevant to the system for your forward progression.
This, alone, puts PvP in another level of difficulty defined by the system itself.
Now, if we take into account the sole fact, that in one, you play against a scripted sequence that never changes and in the other you play vs human beings that are irrational, often do unexpected things, and the situation changes all the time and a player must react all the time and have high awareness, difficulty level increases even more.
In PvE you will eventually get “there”, because you are competing vs a static enemy, you have no competition which can push you back. In PvP to progress, you have to improve faster and more than the competition around you or you get pushed back.
The two systems are so different and PvP is so vastly harder, especially with the super condensed ladder which only increases the difficulty effect, that you must be a complete fail to think otherwise.
PvE is more “annoying” if you can’t stand the long waiting and waste of time while actually things start to happen, that’s it.

7 Likes

+10 and heroic raiding loot should be equal to 1.7k rate.
Even if you deplete the key you still get rewarded but when you are under 2.4k and lose most games nope.

2 Likes