2400 rating vs. Mythic +10

What about Solace of the fallen, bauble of true blood, deathbringer’s will, death’s choice and caster trinkets? Also some pve offparts were just much stronger than pvp offparts because you don’t need resi cap as for example arms warrior or mm hunter. On top of that shadowmourne was best weapon avaiable for classes that could use it in s8. In previous season there also were pve items much stronger than pvp items.

Actually all pvp trinkets were bad :smiley: Pve trinkets were much better. Years after wotlk ended best pvp players that played on AT started using more pve items than people in retail wotlk. Warriors, hunters, rogues were using like 900 resilence with cap at 1400+.

If you compare warrior with just pve ring from ICC to warrior with 2x pve trinket (human), ring, 3-4 offparts (no shadowmourne) he could defeat this pvp geared warrior in rated 2v2/3v3/5v5 with 1 hand.

There wasn’t even one spec that could wear full pvp items and easy reach rank 1 because every spec had need for 2-3 pve items and some for even more.

4 Likes

Yes ok, ur right, sorry, but this happened at the end of season 7. Before that, u wouldn’t had that much arp to go for it. And u could go for the pvp boss and get ur tier-equip from there.

Edit: in wotlk I was playing my enhancement shaman on a higher level, so my bis equip was Arena. Otherwise I would’ve been snacked hard.

At least back then you could farm for what you needed, rather than praying RNGesus leaves you something useful in your weekly box.

In the current state of gear acquisition, I’m sadly realising that I preferred templates where only ilvl mattered…

2 Likes

You don’t you understand any point this thread is trying to make.

I dont thinj anybody here legit cares about PvE gear. Maybe trinkets but they are legit OP but the rest nobody thinks twice about it.

What we want as PvP players is the option to gear ourselves in PvP and have a decent progression THROUGH PVP. Someone wanting to do PvP shouldn’t have to farm m+10 and heroic raids for weeks to have a standing chance.

There should be normal ways to gear yourself correctly, target decent stats like In PvE, and a variety of options like in PvE (TR) FOR PVP.
It isnt rocket science. Gearing in PvP is bad. Nobody wants to dumb down the PvE gearing: we want better ways to gear ourselves in PvP.

casual and semi casuals shouldnt have to play like hardcore players just because they enjoy rated PvP content.
You can fully gear yourself raiding.
You can fully gear yourself doing m+
You can fully gear yourself doing World quests only for a lower ilvl.

you cannot fully gear yourself playing PvP only because its so full of RNG, gated every week behind the conquest cap

Casuals dont play for rating anymore. They just play to cap. And its stupid.

In Mop you also had a cap, but you could buy 1 or 2 pieces with guaranteed stats/who were guaranteed upgrades. Your character would always end up stronger until the end of the process because there was no RNG involved. Pretty sure the cap increased with rating so there was better incentive to try in rated PvP.

Nowadays getting high rated doesnt guarantee you drops. Its so stupid its beyond understanding they thought this system would work for PvP. It just shows how disconnected they are with PvP players. Gearing using PvP in this game is everything but fun or engaging. Its a boring slow and painful process that slowly pushes you towards a part of the game i just dont want to play aka PvE.

Idm essences locked behind PvE content because its perks and abilities but Gear is another thing:

Its like saying if you want to RP on an RP realm, you should do this amount of arena for this particular gear that will potentially give you this particular item that isnt the exact version that you wanted.
Imagine saying that to any RP’er and thinking youd be smart. They’d laugh and leave.

5 Likes

What’s funny is now to PvP you need gear, so you PvE to get gear to PvP to get a chest that is useless so you continue to PvE for gear. its like a catch 22 and anyone under like 2100/glad has to PvE full stop and anyone above still has to because the quest rewards are terrible and the chest ones are RNG with actual drops being so few and far between.

2 Likes

No need ANy skill - Any group for gearing from PVE a new player getting gear from pve - same as r1 player getting from pvp …

Because rewards shouldn’t be handed out according to which game aspect gets the most attention or popularity, but rather, which content is the hardest to beat for the average Joe. How many players choose to clear out which content is completely irrelevant. I don’t even know how you could ever bring this up as an argument, tbh. So if I got you right;

If with the coming of the next day most percentage of players choose to devote themselves completely to Pet Battles and ONLY Pet Battles, would you be ok with that game aspect awarding more gear than Mythic Raids and 2800 Arenas just because “Most people play Pet Battles, thus the rewards should be easier to get”?

Yes. But back then, I could just gear all of my chars with PvP gear only and only do Arenas and get off very fine with it. This is something - a luxury, if you wish - which does not exist anymore. BfA is ALL about ilvl, essences crap, traits, and whatnot. All in all it’s all about gear, which is obtained much easier from PvE but stupidly harder from PvP.

Not to mention that during MoP and WoD, PvP gear had its own role. It was bad as a gearing method for PvE, but it was the “BiS gear” you could have in PvP. It was always inferior for PvE progression, but better for PvP than PvE gear, and that’s how it should be.

Why do I have to devote myself to clearing out Heroic PvE content such as Raids just so I can have a better edge in PvP? It makes no sense. In PvE, ilvl should matter because that’s what character progression is all about. In PvP, teams should be fighting each other at an equal footing and it should be skill which should stand as the final deciding factor between the “winner” and the “loser” during an Arena match. Not ilvl or “time spent PvEing on that char”.

4 Likes

Now I don’t really agree that, have you tried azshara? She’s all about doing the mechanics correctly otherwise you wipe, has a lot less to do with gear which is why so many people are stuck on killing her at HC level, it’s also why many people consider the first 3 mythic bosses to be easier than hc azshara.

That’s not exactly the opposite of what I said, pve fights are scripted.
Just because there are fights where either you do this or wipe like as you mentioned azshara and another example is hard king mecha it doesn’t mean you have to use your brain constantly or adapt to new situations.

Arena will always be epitome of skill in wow
honestly I do not believe that someone that has tried both at high lvl (15+ and 2200+) will ever believe that pve is harder

3 Likes

While I accept that PvP is harder, but in current state we have such PvE rotations in PvP too. Every team try to achieve best CC chain for the win, yep the better team versus you play, they try to counter this. But this is the goal, CC chain win the game, except some OP classes, mage or lock that can magnitude huge amount of damage with lesser casts.

Current state from my casual play in this expansion is worse than ever, too much BiS traits and neck skills on top of disbalance PvP/PvE skill classes.

2.2k rating is way harder than a +12

Same as 1.8k is way easier than a +19

The problem comes from the fact that for some reason in order to get the same reward from an easy +10 you have the reach 2.4k that is monumentally harder!!!

To this day I cannot understand why PvP chests doesn’t drop at least residuum. You should be able to get TR and/or gear either from m+ or rated PvP. Whichever you have done higher for the week. And ofc… as saied a million billion times, PvP vendors should make a comeback…

2 Likes

^ This. Agreed with every single thing. Praise!

1 Like

I got 6 pieces of 420-425 gear, some with sockets, after playing 1 hour of 1700 rating (in 1 hour of mythics, ill clear 2 dungeons and get 2 drops if lucky). I’ll get 430 in a chest next week if i wont care to improve that rating. I got to 1780 after playing for 3 hours, 1 hour on different days. That’s all of my BFA arena exp.

You get 430 gear and 440 (445 if azerite!) chest rewards for 2.1k, not 2.4k.

2.4k will give you 435 and 445 chest reward, like Mythic fuken EP.

But there’s no residuum, yea. Go and complete a +10 for your residuum, you need just 1!!! every week for your cap.

What’s your fuken problem people.

You remind of the Undead Rogue Dumass, Kingslayer Orkus and Johnny Awesome from the “Welcome to the Machine” quest! All of them at the same time! And with the exact voice acting the late Totalbiscuit has done in his video!

But anyway I will try to explain (basically cause I’m waiting my flight and I have nothing to do).

At the end of the week, a mere +10 joke will reward you with a 440 minimum ilvl piece. Also, even by just completing a +10 you receive a currency that allows you to purchase 445 Azerite pieces.

To have the same reward from PvP you have to reach 2.4k and you still do not get a guarantee Azerite armor.

To add more problems for both PvE and PvP oriented players, there is no vendor to use your PvP currency in armor pieces and for some classes their PvP azerite pieces are the best ones for PvE!!!

Can you begin to understand the problems that exist??? And b4 you make any smart comments I’m mainly a PvE player with just 1.8k. But that doesnt mean I do not see the problems in the system.

1 Like

That first half was too nerdy, so I’ll just pass on replying.

Yes, not having a PvP vendor is bad.

Yet, i simply do not understand why is it such a huge problem to do M+10 (which is a total joke as you say) for your gear? Go and joke around once a week and get your 440 and 445 azerite currency? Why QQ and whine about it for 1 year now?

“Because i dont want to do mythics” is a sh1tty answer. That’s the current game system in place now. So adapt, instead of getting frustrated? Mythic has its fun as well.

By the way conquest cap rewards will start giving 430 ilvl gear soon.

So you got 6 pieces of 420-425 gear and you are using…none of them?

Also you have to fulfil every other pvp cap before you can get to the next 430 set…

I don’t need 425 because my gear is better?
Everything got scrapped. Only kept a 425 trink with socket that gives health on being down on hp, just in case.

As for Conquest rewards, im already getting “check back for conquest reward next week” and my Conquest bar is inactive.

Because I never knew that arena fills that bar within an hour. I was struggling with random bgs and WPvP world quests to hit that cap for a full week. Damnit.

Who on earth saied anything about whining or not doing +10. Heck if I should talk about myself, I’m doing my +15 every week and I have already purchased five 445 pieces and got 3 more from EP mythic.

This is not the point here…

Every mythic raid is a joke next to 2400+