... 3 months later

Hello,

This is a continuation from Thank you Blizzard/WoW Devs, keep up the good work! - #7 by Droodprophet-aggramar

After 30 days of /played since hitting 60 in Shadowlands, I finally uninstalled the game.

This expansion is the best expansion WoW had in years, but the fact that I want to be just a PvP Arena player, that made me burnout after really trying.

I’ve hit 1700cr while queuing PuG/LFG, but I cba anymore to waste half or more of my gaming time waiting for a party in LFG.

This video explains the struggles so good that I felt it was made from my own thoughts :slight_smile: Big Problem With LFG System in Shadowlands PvP - The Truth

Great job for making this great expansion and GL HF for all players that can play it without struggles.

LATER EDIT: sorry, but can’t reply since no activ sub atm. but gonna answer here for those that say the burnout is because of playing to much.
No, it is not. Legion and BFA had this kind of issues since you were forced to grind that artifact/azerite power and PVE content to be relevant in PvP.

As an expansion, this is a great one in a long time, that lets me play only what I love to play. But at the same time the lack of #soloqueue for rated PvP doesn’t let me play it.

Burnout it is not the case for SL. I would have played it 3-6h/day without problems. If I can call that that “playing” since more then half of my ingame time means LFGing. That is the whole point of this post and the reason I’ve linked the video in it.

If you would have watched the video you would have really understand where I am at. I just wanna play Arenas 2s, but the time it takes to find a party with you can actually play it is awful. I play at random hours so I wanna play arenas at random hours, just like you can play Rated DOTA/Overwatch/LoL even you don’t have a team or friends to play with.

Again, it is not about a burnout from PLAYING the game, on the contrary, it is a burnout from TRYING to play the endgame rated arena but I feel my time is not respected, and having to stare at oribos/LFG for more then half of my ingame time is not worth it for me.

AND AGAIN Shadowlands, as an expansion, is one of the best I’ve played. With a revamped LFG it could become the best expansion.
I don’t mind that there STILL are class balance problems, since this was always a thing in WoW and it will always be. I got 5 favorite classes and I can play any of those if balance issues are that bad for one of them.

SO just give us #SOLOQUEUE

9 Likes

I am also broken, i like pvp this is the only thing keeping me here but the state of pvp, specially ret and holy palladins… it’s insane and i don’t care anymore, i’m trying to look for another mmorpg or maybe some rpg game so i can’t drop off this shethole called world of warcraft, devs are bunch of lazy donkeys there are 100 movies from big pvp players showing how op are palls from 3 months and blizzard is only doing them super tiny nerfs. And after 3 months of being a b… compared to holy pall (disc is also almost godtier, but it’s not pure unfairness to fight against them, shammy resto is okay, mistwaver monk also need fast buff as resto druids).
Yes i know blizzard want to buff resto but it’s such a small buff it won’t do anything BLIZZARD WE NEED DEFENSIVE SKILLS ON OUR TEAMMATES!!! not in another 3 months! NOW

3 Likes

Brilliant video, describes exactly how i feel regarding M+.

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe you just need to play in shorter bursts so you’ll have something to come back to, forcing yourself to play will always cause burnout.

1 Like

So 30 days played in 3 months. That averages out at 8 hours a day, every day. No wonder you’ve burnt out, that’s a full time job!

3 Likes

Plays to much, blames game for burnout?
Just don’t play it like it’s a fulltime job.

Just to reiterate, it is not a burnout. Had a couple of those and I know how they feel.
I would gladly stay 3hours per day in WoW, if it was just to PLAY the game, not to waste another 1-2-3 hours on being blizzard’s MATCHMAKING system.
When you say “plays to much” … man I wish that would be true. But in fact >50% of the ingame time I had /played is actually starring at that damn LFG window.

The xpac is great, and I still feel that even though I don’t play it anymore. The LFG tool problem is not a Shadowlands related one but a core game one. Until that is fixed, it remain for me to just enjoy other games.

:notes: en 3 maande later! voel ek nog steeds die selfde!!! :notes:

About the LFG TOOL being an alpha state product, sure :slight_smile:
About Shadowlands, I still think it is one of the best xpacs WoW had.

1 Like

7 hours were waiting in lfg watching netflix

1 Like

Some people get it and felt the pain … some don’t :slight_smile:
Just like IRL, every poor man dreams to be rich, but no rich people dreams to be poor :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s actually a really good video.

I’m a carebear; I hardly PvP, and invariably with my guild when I do, so I tend not to be aware of this sort of thing going on. This video actually calmly explains the scope of the problem in ways that actually make me sympathise.

Basically if it makes me understand, there’s no excuse for Blizz. Hopefully they actually implement some suggestions one day :slight_smile:

(That all said, there’d be a lot less waiting for the perfect comp or being rejected because of your class if Blizz actually did something about balance.)

3 Likes

Yea its the same thing with mythic dungeons and raiding nowadays. At least this time not all the good transmogs are locked behind them

This video where Mystic, Savix, Stoopzz and Venruky discuss #soloqueue is PURE GOLD.
Darn #Blizzard, you get the best free counseling that can be implemented in 2 weeks, but you still wan’t players to NOT PLAY WoW.

And I don’t talk about ppl who hate this “xpac” or always the “current” xpac and think other “xpacs” were “much beter”. I am talking about people that really LOVE SHADOWLANDS but can’t PLAY IT, since they need to work in the “matchmaking” department, looking at the LFG tool for hours, checking cr’s on different sites or on the armory, just to get in arena, play and lose 1-2 games, and then restart the whole process :confused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.