How did you end up in the forums?

The good ol’ times.

I came here to see how alive (dead) was the shaman subforum, stayed for the drama.

I kinda just wound up here as a lurker a long, long time ago.
I have since posted on multiple characters, but have settled on being Bones here.

I can add that I’ve never stood out in any way, shape or form. Rogues aren’t supposed to, really!

Goblin gliders are superior to wings! :no_mouth:

I’ve got what you need!

1 Like

I have been on for years , I remeber the time someone made a thread about a rp event we did in camp Taurajo back in 2007.

Err… I used to read old forums when I was looking for useful information and well… I used to browse and follow some RP discussions but never took part.
I remember a post about herbs, there was also an article on WoWhead with a similar topic.

I didn’t post anything until… Bfa I think? I’m not the kind of person that post on forums and I’m still astonish that I keep posting here even if I post less than I did before.

My first post was… it was about transmog; if I recall correctly was about classes being able to transmog armor regardless of armor-type.
I remember that my second post, if not the first one, was a reply to Shmusedecke. And I remember that by that time I was using Glorious Plate set.

(I could check my first post on this character on her old profile but will take quite some scrolling
Edit: after thinking about it, right now I’m not even sure if it was on my old profile (realm) or old profile with a completely different name)

1 Like

I was running around happily in hell when suddenly all the negative emotions of forum posters manifested. And thus I spawned into your world. The Algamation of forum insanity and negative emotions. I spawn when forumers lose their mind and lose their way, Then I dissapate when sanity restores it self… That’s how the Demon Skullstalker came to be.

1 Like

I’m constipated a lot lately, so have a lot of time to think on the bog

1 Like

Because the NA forums are full of haters gonna hate.

Plus, I heard there was cookies here on the EU Forums.

1 Like

How did you end up in the forums?

Ask Activision…
With their time-gated system… you just do your 5 WQs, get 2 renowns and you are done for the week. You dont have anything else to do till the next weekly reset except spam in the forums.

I joined the original forums back in 2005 or 2006 already out of sheer curiosity what people were talking about. Generally a lurker, I threw around the occasional post about certain frustrating aspects of the game I hoped would get resolved - albeit not always very constructive, as I was young. I was mostly active on the realm forums at the time though, since realms were communities in their own sense.

I still have some of that naivety left where I believe that making a post about my issues with the game will actually be read by someone relevant. Of course, I do know better, but I also just like arguing for the sake of arguing even if I know it won’t change anything, so I keep going sometimes.

The forums generally reflect the state of the game. If the game is a meme full of negative (bad) design, the forums will be as well.

Which it is.

4 Likes

Some guy said i would get candy if i’d go into the forums.

1 Like

Bfa sucked and arguing with people on stupid stuff looked more fun than playing the game.

2 Likes

had to ask a question about the game .

2 Likes

I always liked forums so as soon as I started playing (in WotLK) I joined the forums as well. I remember those old premade avatars that everyone of that race/class combination had. Some of them looked really cool, expecially at max level.

1 Like

First started posting mid-BfA - our guild was really struggling for numbers (couldn’t get 10 people to raid with even with 3 non-guildies helping) so I came to the forums to make a recruitment post. Discovered that I couldn’t link our website without TL3. Decided I should therefore get TL3, which I duly grinded and still have never posted a link to our now outdated guild website…

Did manage to make a load of friends here and convinced some of them to join our guild. Although, after the recent raid nights bashing our heads against Sylvanas, they may be regretting this… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I use forums as a tool that builds something. Not as a recreational thing.

Like most forums for PRODUCTS, people use them to give feedback, rarely positive. And a general thing is that positive feedback is an option only if you are asked for a simple way to review.

But a forum feedback is more like a visit to the doctor: “I have this problem, how can we solve this.”

If I would look at my account as when I’ve first written something on this forum:

30 august 2018 " BFA world quest reward for wrong spec"

25 december 2018 Yet another QQ-queue times topic Giving feedback about the “excluvsivness” for PvP, needing alot of PvE content to be done to be viable in PvP

Then, I’ve felt the need to come with a positive review, because I know those are usually a minority, cause again, no one comes, logins to a forum to say “GOOD JOB”.
20 december 2020 Thank you Blizzard/WoW Devs, keep up the good work!

Then, 3 months after the SL launch … things went downhill:

22 february 2021 … 3 months later

And it still went downhill:

03 april 2021 The current state of WoW’s PvP Matchmaking System, by TheScepticOne

Took a brake on 01 july, 1 day after 9.1 hit, cause I was so dissapointed of how artifical all is, and got off the threadmill.

After a 2 months break, a topic here made me subscribe, just to say to a blueposter what it is like to want to play the game you love, but to not be able to play it because of the game itself: Stop gating ALTs PLEASE!

Made all this timeline, just to show players like Jito that some of us are not only “crying over and over and over, criticizing, instead of just dropping the game”.

I play this game for 16 years while I know my wife for 18 years and married her for 10 years, I love this game, and no mater how blindly and oversimplifying some people make it, for me it is more then “just a game/some pixels”.

So the love for the game, and the hope that decent(creative, hardworking, gameloving, freeminded) devs might appear once more and save this game is what made me start using this forum. Since, from my PoV at least, the current DEVs are just some DEVs working on a “sideproject”, just a game, not THE GAME, and seems like they have no passion or love for what they are payed to do.
Moreover, if they would put the same passion and fire into developing, as they put into their own personal agendas regarding “minority inclussion”, this game would be at another level in the good way.

The first 14 years of WoW, I’ve never, or barely visited the forum, cause I was enjoying playing the game more, but NOW, it is exactly oposite. I’ve spend much more time, since I’ve resubbed in september, reading and writting in this forum, then I’ve played the game.
And trust me when I say I really wish to not touch the forums for YEARS.

Last Played 30 Sep 2021

Expiration Date 16 Oct 2021

And even tough I got 8 more days till my sub ends, I’m starting to loose hope, since many threads got closed, not because they were trolling, but because closed minded, probably minirity, people think that if they ERASE/DELETE STUFF, it doesn’t exists.
I rather wish the game would recover and we all play the game rather then to see DEVs out of their job, becouse of their OWN WILL and personal agendas, neglecting or actually DESTROYING the game we all loved for years.

Peace out.

2 Likes

I always join the forum of an online game I am playing, early on there is a lot of advice but now it is only useful for checking what issues players have and seeing what Blizzard are posting or interested in…

Also for fun occasionally such as rate the transmog etc.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.