36,222 damage Starsurge

Moonkin/firemage are first in line for NERF Hammer just need lazy devs come out from Holidays.All kind of kick excuses and other nonsense is just classic tools forum FOTM rerrolers to defend their pick. Thats why lot od them hiding behind alts.

2 Likes

Ye thats enough!
time to nerf death knight
:wink:

BAT DID U FORGEDED 2 TAIL UR PRIST 2 PEIN SAPRE6AN???

2 Likes

I have a new one: “WhY DiDn’T yOuR ShAMmIE UsE HiS GrOuNDiNg TOtEm?!?!”

Actualy this type of burst are common in most highly compettive games. Thing is this bursts are mostly easyl avoidable. Which is entire point if burst dmg. it punishes bad plays. If you let moonking free spam you with Starsurge you deserver to die.

1 Like

Convoke the Spirits is a problem.

I like that abilities hit hard - I really do. I think it’s fun.

What I don’t like is these ridiculously over-the-top cooldowns.

It was, quite frankly, my #1 concern going into Shadowlands. I remember saying it. Obviously the exact problems I had with each ability changed as the ability changed, so don’t pay too much heed to the exact issues I described. But I was concerned about the cooldowns.

The problem with cooldowns, in a nutshell, is that in order for the cooldowns to be good, other damage must be bad. If both are good, you will completely annihilate people during cooldowns.

My little pocket philosophy tells me: Make cooldowns mediocre - they are additive anyway so they won’t be useless. Use resource management and counterplays as the meat of the game.

tBC basically got this exactly right.

2 Likes

Indeed, just use ignore pain into release spirit, am i right? :wink:

I am here to get wisdom

1 Like

No, really. This tread is about Blizzard giving Elemental Shamans 36k Lava Burst that EVERYONE could TOTALLY PREVENT and AVOID, and INTERRUPT, if they just L2P!

Please, Blizztards! GIEF 36k LABA VURST 2ELE??||

Did u forgetted 2 tell ur partner 2 interrupt & pain sup & wind shear & ALT+Q+Q???

Nope, pretty sure i warned him about interrupting starsurges :smiling_face_with_tear:

You just got a scrub l2p n00b LFG partner from the “I’m 1.3cr but 3.2k xp” system, right??

Edit: is it about time I say the F word to Blizzard and get banned for telling the truth… errm, sorry, for being rude, I mea FOR BEING RUDE

Edit 2: I did 344 damage Fleme Shock, which IS FREAKING OP, so NERF DAT THIENG… JEEZ IMAGINE IF THAT WUD CRIT!!!

Underrated lmao

1 Like

Enjoy dying to starsurges and incarn instead.

The thing is, if this was convoke its simple case of why did you not kick, grounding, los, defensive, heal ? pick one.

end of the day, to do these kind of crits 3 things have to happen, the druid needs very high mastery and verse, you would clearly be lacking any real verse and three you stood there and ate a convoke…if you had no way to prevent it, gg they set it up well.

its also mega rng he could easily have moonfired u half a dozen times and cast starfall and a wrath or two…

on the off chance this wasn’t convoke and pure starsurges, you sat there and ate 3 globals while he was certainly in CA and trinkets and didn’t think to los, cc or use defensives. gg ?

convoke is just the god of punishing bad play. high risk high reward. it was also be pretty mediocre if the guy had bad stats, no mastery and low verse…so yeah gearing properly, mastery stacking trinkets / instructors bell etc make it a tactical nuke you got to get away from or die.

ye, but it could also very well be 9 starsurges where each of them hits for 18k and finished with 23k full moon right?..to kill the entire team including pets with it if moonkin teams set up for it as the gentleman said above…ground, bop or.straight up divine shield from prot pal.
This idiotic ability shouldnt be in the game…ppl are not monkeys, there are tools to make it almost unavoidable…not to mention bgs where you have wall of ppl infront of you preventing enemy to even touch you …cmon be a little real here

I love the replies of the “skilled” players…

“juck kick it”… GG when thats on CD
“it take so long to cast”… yeh? so do Chaos Bolts and those got nerfed multiple times
And so on.
Basically for all strategies and comments in favor of this kind of stuff there are just as many counters. And it is not just boomkins that are so high on burst mind you.

The fact is that burst in this game, in both PvP and PvE, is way to powerfull. And that makes “skillplays” be nonexistant. Just wait for your CDs to be off and boom, every mob/player dies in a second or 2; and that is not fun or rewarding gameplay but in the end more then a bit annoying for both parties. With burst your target dies, without it, they win; so its burst of bust… and thats no fun at all.

IMO this needs to be adressed, and quickly, seeing as since we get better and better gear these burstwindows get way more powerfull over time and with it way more worth it to be a source hampered by nothing but cooldowns.

2 Likes

Let the interrupts meme start now.

2 Likes

Why are people defending this stupid amounts of dmg? You cant save all your CDs for 1 spell since you have to play against a whole team (Yes you also have a team). Lets not forgot Incarn.

Kick: You cant allways keep your kick of of CD because you need to kick CC and other spells aswell

Grounding: Has a long CD and needs to be used for other stuff aswell.

LoS: There are multiple scenarios where you cant use it, especially if you are a non mobile class, like Shamans.

Defensive: most time allready used for incarn+ 3 starsurges.

Heal: There is allmost no heal in the game that can heal as fast as Convoke does dmg.

Srsly, yes there are multiple ways to avoid Convoke, but convoke is not the only thing that does extreme amounts of dmg if you play against an owl.

Also convoke literally can global you if you are unlucky.

Convoke is no matter how many ways there is to avoid extremely unhealthy for the game in PvP. Like any spell that can oneshot you that easily without a setup.

5 Likes

Eh, I have seen shammies pop 6 instant LBs within 2s for like 4-5k each, works too.

1 Like

haha, an interupt-meme`er right there…

you would be right - if one boomie is everything you are playing against.

save your interupts for one specific spell when there is a thousand other things to interupt ?

only ones defending this cringefest is boomies. i get that it feels good to oneshot people with no effort and thus you defending it, but trust me.

it. will. not. last.

3 Likes

Clearly outplayed.