4 Additional Backpack Slots

Worst thing they’ve done by making sure players secure their accounts?

It’s not weekend yet but good effort. You almost had me!

1 Like

False. I want this.

Then we will see people complaining about how unfair it is that some players have more bagslots. :joy:

1 Like

not gonna lie, having those 4 extra bag slots makes it look twice as big, and i can’t complain since i have to constantly carry around 4 totems that each take up a slot just to play my class properly. at least now i’ll have the 16 slots in my main bag that was limited to only 12 before.
i wouldn’t blame blizzard for removing the requirement to carry these totems around in order to be able to use totems at all neither. imagine if you had to carry around 4 BS mcguffins to be able to use frost nova, arcane explosion, flamestrike and blink as mage… or taunt, heroic strike, shield block, bloodrage as warrior, or one mcguffin for every blessing as paladin… it was a stupid concept in vanilla and it still is.
i understand having to carry around ankhs for reincarnation, or infernal stones for the infernal, or portal runes for portals, but being forced to waste 4 bag slots just to be able to use the core spells of your class… well… that’s stupid… always was, always will be.

2 Likes

OH NO!!! EEEEK!

…wait…

The worst thing Blizzard has ever done so far?

Really?

Let’s put this into perspective.

• Removed all RPG features in favour of dumbed down, streamlined instant gratification.

• Destroyed the old world, replacing it with a souless theme park fulll of battling NPCs.

• Removed the old quests and replaced them with childish nonsense.

• Removed class and profession quests.

• Removed all difficulty from the levelling process.

• Removed all difficulty and challenge from all aspects of the game except cutting edge raiding and competitive PvP.

• Changed levelling from an intrinsic and vital part of the game to a chore you have to get through in order to reach level cap.

• Destroyed every aspect of community and player interaction.

• KIlled world PvP

• Killed realm communities.

• Made crafting useless and pointless.

• Turned the game into a giant version of Farmville with ceaseless daily content.

• Replaced the thrill of getting new items and gear with a boring, souless grind, and removed the pleasure of getting new gear entirely at low levels in favour of heirlooms.

• Removed the pleasure of levelling up with a garbage system that awards a skill point every 15 levels.

• Replaced deep meaningful talent trees and core class builds with a small handful of interchangeable spells.

• Removed all exploration and discovery and replaced it with a static queue system.

• Turned the game’s pre-established lore into a joke.

• High handedly dismissed, patronised and insulted their own fans who asked for Classic realms with comments like “you think you do, but you don’t”.

… But NO. The worst thing they ever did was… wait for it… four extra bag slots.

6 Likes

First off, I’d like to let you know that I appreciate the civilized and constrictive way in which you participate in this discussion.

You’re going to have to go in way more detail on that point.

Azeroth is a world isolated from ours. Many years ago, this was clear and not to be touched. Back then, it was clear that there must not be anything (besides the people simply playing the game) that interferes with Azeroth. There were no fancy mounts players could obtain for some money and there were no additional bag slots for enhancing your account security. Azeroth was Azeroth, and if you wanted to act upon it, you had to play it. This is how Vanilla was designed.
Classic was supposed to be as close to Vanilla as possible. – Some changes had to be made as the impact would have been beyond acceptable (like the changes which had to be done to the battlegrounds). I do not care about these. – But this time Blizzard crossed a certain line. This harmonates in now way with this game, WoW Classic.
Abondoning this principle is something which clearly contributed to the decay of WoW and Retail now is this degenerate thing we know. By relaunching WoW (Classic), Blizzard gave us all hope that they understood that they have made mistakes and should go back where they started from; but this action lets our hopes fade away as it seems to become evident that this was not the case. Blizzard seems to be willing to do all the mistakes again and will keep abondoning priciples for their perspective of “improvement”.

This is enticement, not enforcement.

True. This is not really enforcement. Nevertheless, Blizzard simply could have offered a 2 $ coupon for their online shop and did not need to take in-game actions to entice the players. This is in no way an appropriate approach to handle this matter.
Players who do not want to make these changes (or simply cannot) will feel disadvantaged; and the only way to overcome this negative feeling is to give in. It may not be enforcing but in the end of the day this will apply pressure (which may be intended).
Therefore I consider the difference between enforcing and applying pressure as rather minimal.

While i agree that complaining about the 4 additional slots is stupid, your answer is worse.

The “don’t like it ? Dont use it” which could work to justify LFG/Transmog/Pet battle …

If it’s really help to secure the accounts + faster GM responses it’s fine. Blizzard clearly said they recognise this as the change and put a level 20 requirement.
This #Change is acceptable

It is funny to see that when I say worst thing done to WoW Classic you start complaining about how Blizzard devastated World of Warcraft (to WoW Retail).

And this is exactly what I do not want to experience in Classic.

The problem is primarily the line they crossed not specifically the bag slots. But this still is a change nobody needed and will not improve anything.

1 Like

I can’t tell whether this is serious or not!

Either way it’s absolutely hilarious someone would complain about this :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The difference between a 16 and 18 slot bag is 300 gold. That’s 150 gold per slot. You get 4 extra slots. And it’s not something you get in-game. And yes it changes things. It’s easy to see how or are you genuinely stupid and don’t understand that?

1 Like

You can carry 4 more things or stacks of things, I don’t see how that alters the game that much.

There are these things, I call them bankalts, you mail stuff to them when your bags get near to being full so they can sell stuff on the AH.

It’s one slot per bag.

I think it’s rather about the client advantage thing. Your Classic client changes if you do something outside of WoW. Buying gold may hurt the playerworld, but all still stays inside of the set game. If you do something to your account to gain a mechanical advantage, it’s locked content to the normal player, a step towards the buy-to-win philosophy.

2 Likes

You no changes weirdos can sit and circle jerk each other whilst the rest of us actually enjoy the game. Get a life honestly.

1 Like

In short Lesser of two evils : Bots farming 24/7 affecting the market values of key items, Accounts being hacked meaning people have to contact blizzard which in turn takes valuable resources away from things that i’m sure you’d care about more. Now they’ve given people a choice and that is people who don’t want changes can almost play the classic they want and people who aren’t that bothered with minor QoL Changes can play theirs. I’m sure if they had the resources and technology at launch day for Vanilla they would have done the exact same thing in regards of the authenticator. Since the minute i got it to now i haven’t been hacked a day in my life. I respectfully ask you to stop hiding behind the #Nochanges and realise that in Classic they will nurture,prune and respond to the current state of classic, with the aim to make it as enjoyable and as near Vanilla as possible with the current community. In the end 4bag slots don’t make or break classic, The Players do. That’s the spirit of classic. Community.

2 Likes

I try.

You mean apart from the Blizzcon ingame rewards and the TCG mounts? (though I think the latter was TBC)

That’s actually false. TBC has RL interactions with it, and it improved massively on Vanilla’s concept. It had it’s flaws as every game does; but none that lead to what retail is now.

RL interactions aren’t what caused retail. Retail went downhill long before store mounts and pets.

Simple question for you: Do you care about useless things in the Blizzard store?

Neither do most Classic players, so that would have been a waste of time. I’ll say it again: People getting their accounts hacked by botters is more damaging to the game than people getting 4 extra bag spaces.

That 4 spaces doesn’t feel like anything when you have to carry 40-60 soul shards, or 3 sets of raid gear.

I’m not the one calling people stupid and weirdos for pointing out the obvious. Also who are you to assume what my stance on no changes is? You don’t know me or anything about me but based on ONE interaction you have me figured out? Maybe you are the one that needs to “get a life”.

Pointing out the obvious? its 4 extra slots you absolute mong it changes absolutely nothing NOR does it have any impacting effect on anything to do with WoW in general. Your just another person who is constantly looking for reasons to moan and cry about Blizzard being this big bad company all the while paying the monthly sub anyway. Just shut up and play the damn game instead of nit picking every aspect for a forum post.

1 Like

You’r a sad person. I’d pity you but in two minutes I will already forget you exists.

And yet another post where you’ve been completely proven wrong and yet instead of trying to realize why your wrong you just decide im a sad person instead. It must be nice for you to be this stupid and ignorant.

Still waiting for that “prof”. All you do is showcase what a shallow plate you are.