Conquest and Valor to Become Uncapped

With weekly resets the week of February 15, we will remove the caps on the amounts of Conquest and Valor that can be earned and held by players. They will remain uncapped for the rest of Dragonflight Season 1.

As before, we like how in the early season, these caps reduce the feeling of being left behind for many players when it comes to PvP and Mythic+ gear. However, once several weeks have passed, we want to see players feel free to quickly gear up alts or return to the game after an absence and feel as though they can catch up quickly without hitting caps.
Thank you!

23 Likes

At long last, but why not now.
Tomorrow is good. Better is now. The best was already yesterday :wink:

I think this is the right approach. Loads of people just wanna farm infinite amounts - you say that now, but I remember S4 PvP… Brrr. >:[

A little bit of timegating is good, at least if there’s no fear of missing out attached to it.

3 Likes

That’s a welcome change but this cap should have been removed earlier into the tier…

4 Likes

hmmmm got afraid of dropping numbers? :wink: Seems like it was not a good move to cater the minority after all

2 Likes

finally after all the complaining

1 Like

Better ever than never i would say

Fellow complainers and forum PvPers, congratulations, we did it.

About 6 weeks too late!

1 Like

You forum dwellers will never not moan I swear to god lmao. There’s a valid reason why valor is capped at the start of season and 2 months into it is a fine time to uncap it.

1 Like

You didn’t do anything. It was always going to happen.

It just wasn’t going to happen early to prevent an artificial gap being opened up between the no lifers that will do degenerate things and the rest of the player base.

3 Likes

I love how your bloodlust for forum PvP is so strong it completely prevents you from understanding the intent behind posts on this forum. You are the T-800 of EU GC.

ok but to be fair, I still feel hella behind in pvp gearing.

Fair enough. However, ten weeks of “drought” is a bit too much.

For next season make it exponential instead of linear.

800+1000+1200+1400 etc, instead of 750+750+750+750 etc.

3 Likes

Why remove it anyways, it’s way to late now. Plus the system is flawed, people simply don’t use valors for a long time, until only couple slots remain without high ilvl. I don’t think valor system is doing it’s purpose of “slow weekly progression”.

If you upgrade some gear by spending few thousand valors to only get it replaced in a few days by an vault item - well this is frustrating, because you simply throw away tons of valors which took month+ to gather.

2 Likes

and now i can play dragonflight kek

what means this?

Cool for the PvPers I suppose.

Daily world quests that are worthwhile to do, when?

This makes the most sense.

Many people don’t even use valor because its such a “valuable” currency. Why upgrade a 382 item when in 2 weeks time you’ll have a 398 one and that valor is “wasted”?

Because of this, people hold on to it and never use it, which defeats the purpose.

Increasing the amount you can earn weekly reduces this silly situation.

5 Likes