6 Characters Missing after realm merge

So as topic says after i logged in this morning around 7-8 hours ago i noticed that 6 of my characters are missing from my character lists 3 low level characters from Runetotem and 3 lvl 120 characters from Kilrogg.

I have tried to delete cache/addons and tried the create level 1 character and delete it to try and reset the character list but nothing has worked so far.

Im a bit worried now that they are lost in the twisting nether.

4 Likes

Try logging into the realm, it could get them to show up

I have tried with several characters and even changed realm and tried characters there doesnt seem to work sadly.

So you are logged into the right realm and they arenā€™t there and you have tried creating a new character on the right realm, then there is one thing to do, open a ticket.

Could someone else have deleted them? Did you check the restore option?

Yes logged into the right realm and tried creating a new character on the right realm.

I checked the restore option and the characters are not there and checked the recent login activity log on account management and no weird logins detected.

I have now made a ticket and the wait time is 5 days.

I take it all the other characters on other realms you have are still there?

There is a rare situation where you can log into the wrong region by mistake.

Indeed apart from the ones missing they are all there even logged in on them and done todays emissary.

I am also missing some characters fron Kilrogg after ā€œmaintenanceā€. Iā€™m positive they got deleted because I was able to create new characters with exact same names. What gives?

There is already a thread regarding this with blue posts - try looking at ā€˜Realm merge destroyed guildā€™ Realm merge destroyed guilds - #15 by Weffi-kilrogg

My problem has nothing to do with guilds as only one of the 5 missing characters was in a guild they have dissapeared from the character selection screen and cant be played at all.

I cant even find my characters when i search for them in the armory

1 Like

Are you on the right realm and region?

Itā€™s not you itā€™s them. The realm merge they did last night got totally messed up. Lots of guild issues of missing characters or ones removed in general have happened because of it. My advice just wait and see what they say. Realm merge destroyed guilds - #29 by Athenar-mirage-raceway

We have to be clear that guide roster changes are one mistake by blizz but character deletion is a separate and more severe mistake made by blizz and should be kept separate.

Although, they all seem to be related to the same issue that being the merge of the 5 realms. Also, there is another thread around this issue here: Realm merge destroyed guilds - #57 by Meena-kilrogg

But the character deletion is nothing to do with guilds at all, that could be fixed and characters still deleted. The issue would be lost in all the guild roster posts

Yeh, I was just pointing out that it does seem to be the same issue in that it all happened when the merge took place. So, we have:

guilds decimated/halved in some cases
character deletion
realms not in list
gbanks emptied
calendar events all gone

16 hours since my last post my characters are still missing.

Ticket wait time seems to be just going up was down to 4 days 23 hours but now up to 5 days 11 hours It is weekend after all so understandable that it would be slower.

Time for more waiting.

The wait time is the maximum wait time, itā€™s not able to say how long a specific issues will take, sorry. Would you please update your ticket to include as many server and character names as possible please? Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for your response i have updated my ticket with as much information as i can remember.

1 Like

What exactly are the plans around this?
My wife has had her warrior completly erased and there is someone else who now has her character name.
The Character in question is :
Aralia - Kilrogg
The player who now has the name:
Aralia - Arathor

Was this kind of issue discussed as a possibility given you cant have two players with the same name and that the servers have not been touched for about 10 years which will lead to potentially lots of duplications?

Who is getting the priority on the names where duplicates now exist etc?

I should note that we have had a ticket open since yesterday and the wait time on it has only increased (likely due to the number of tickets regarding this kind of issue) but were currently at over 5 days for a response.