7k Titan Residuum is way too much for specific pieces

It’s blizzard fault that they go from left to right instead of stay at center. They do something or not, they cannot implement something that will be useful and not hardcore to get. You want vendor? Ok, but you will farm it forever to buy something you need, or we can delete vendor and farm M+ for yourself.

Funny enough, people just wanted Azerite to drop from M+. The previous system was you can get a random piece every week. Then they implimented Bad Luck Protection that guaranteed a random Azerite piece every 3-4 weeks, now they put the vendor in, but removed the chance of an Azerite dropping from the chest.
Blizzard want people to waste their time, to prolong gametime. It is disgusting. They seem to think that they can’t afford to let people choose the gear they want to farm.
Putting Azerite in M+ is the simplest solution to an overcomplicated loot system, nobody asked for.

Now you can see timegating everywhere, all that because you pay monthly. They have to keep you subbed so you will wait for things to come as long as they want. If you could get BiS gear in 1 month then you could leave the game and it’s bothering Blizz. They will throw some info of incomming patch changes but no date. So you don’t know if you have to wait month or half of year. But you will stay subbed which means no new content, but monthly fee.

It would not even be bis-gear from M+ in the dungeon since M+10 is 400 ilvl. No reason at all for not dropping it.

Yeah, It is fine to wait 10 weeks to upgrade 400-415, I have no issues with that!

lucky me BIS combo for ret comes from mythic raid :slight_smile:

I’ve just been playing Russian Roulette with the random head/shoulder/chest so far. It just takes too long to get to the 7k+.

A friend just got the same one again so it can repeat sadly.

2 Likes
  1. Because it prevents people from farming their BiS gear so fast. And if you want your BiS gear faster, do higher m+ keys for the weekly residuum in chest. I think it’s ~100 more residuum per 2 lvls after lvl 10.
  2. Because you have to actually think through with what you buy. What if you have 400 shoulders and chest with bis traits and a 415 head with pretty bad traits. Do you upgrade the 415 to bis traits or do you upgrade the 400 ones to 415 with bis traits? Most players will probably be able to complete their full set of bis 415 azerite pieces when the ilvl is increased which makes it more “challenging” in deciding what to buy before you have to grind residuum again for the new highest ilvl.

Pls no, I personally prefer the smaller loot tables of M+, where 3 items that i won’t need in 99% of the cases are excluded.

With the 400 ilvl I do not need the other stuff of the loottable either :sweat_smile:

Just grind. It’s fun. Wow fun. M+ is fun /s

(it’s a ploy to extend playing time)

Having run over 20 runs of FH before getting my trinket, i have to disagree.

I rather have items that can WF/TF than to get some useless 400 iLvL azerite piece.

I wonder why so many players play WoW despite the fact, that they only do things that are not fun to them.

I play WoW because raids and M+ with my guild are fun.
I strive for new gear because it will be for the better of my an my groups overall performance and allow us to progress towards more difficult M+ regions and raid modes or raid bosses.

If raids and dungeons are not fun and gear to solo every close to every mob in the overworld can be gained via emissarys and weekly rewards (my DK is 385 and has only seen 1 M+5 and 1 M+4 this season), why are players so invested to get the gear through means they don’t enjoy that is only necessary for the same modes they don’t enjoy?

Back on the topics core:
I don’t think twice the amount of a random piece is a reasonable price, with a price this low random pieces would be obsolete (and with the previous way of gaining azerite pieces via M+ you should see, that Blizzard does not think rewarding specific pieces is the way to go).
However I support introducing specific level 385 and 400 pieces to the vendor (however I favor a high price on these).

Overall this fits perfectly into the current reward structure of WoW, you can gain a very good level of equipment very fast, but there is no reasonable way to go for BiS-items, as it is locked behind a hell of a lot of RNG.
In case of azerite armor this RNG is locked behind the fact, that there is no way you realistically unlock your BiS pieces via currency in a remotely viable time via specific pieces. In case of other items it is locked behind the fact, that you need to be blessed to get perfect rolls upon titanforging for the best possible base item.

This is a philosophy I know from games like Diablo, I would highly prefer the previous structure, where it is unlikely you get every BiS item (and some gated behind some time consuming and time gated process), but there are BiS items you can aim for.
This would take a complete overhaul of the reward structure (as I understand catchup, like currently implemented via titanforging, for “weaker” players are reasonable) and watching a former WoW designer talk about how rewards structures are viewed in the eyes of Blizzard, I don’t think this will happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urijgWXLYck&feature=youtu.be
(video of 2017th GDC featuring previous Blizzard developer Travis Day)
Despite him not working for Blizzard any longer it seems like this mindset is the currently favored of the Blizzard design team.

No, it is not.

The head 100%. As I have said 415 piece with the wrong traits is a downgrade to a 385 which I have right now.

They should be, look at the Legendary fiasco, Azerite is the same, but on 3 slots instead of 2, making it worse xD.

I’ve tried my luck with a 415 token, the 415 shoulders are a 200dps increase over my 400 due to bad traits. Such a good investment of time in farming.

As I wrote, I completely disagree with the design of the current setup of the reward structure, but given the current reward structure your proposition is unreasonable. This fix on one issue and primarily benefiting M+ players vs. raiders would stick out of the current concept and split the current playerbase (again or even further).

I am pretty certain a nerf this drastic is not coming, however I could see some other adaptions (like specific lower Ilvl pieces and a smaller reduction in price for specific pieces).

I can be happy with that.

1 Like

Well the specific pieces are expensive for a reason… they want us to use the random tokens primarly as our sources to get the “best gear”(mine are mostly from emissaries which cap at 385 :roll_eyes:).

Once ilvl 400 azerite becomes more common the amount of Residuum generated will be elevated rather rapidly by the players who acctually have a use for those 415 specifics aka Mythic raiders and players who push high enought keys to get WAY more Residuum then simply +10’s.

One day they say it’s to easy second day it’s to hard… there is no pleasing this community. :laughing:

Not really… lol

They are for many specs. the raid traits fall way below certain specs specific traits.