7k Titan Residuum is way too much for specific pieces

I have moved my main and alts at my own expense. There was no grind gold in game and convert to balance option then. Not that it’s something I’m likely to do but I have friends who do it. I have moved off dead realms, I have moved and changed faction and back.

However it’s not my responsibility to look after you. The option is there to move. Sadly you chose a Horde based server to play Alliance. At least the AH works cross faction.

in vanilla it wasn’t horde based. sorry

It also took weeks back in TBC to obtain valor gear or whatever badge system we had back then. Did anyone complain over that?

Nope!

So.

**** it up OP and deal with it like the rest of us.

None of the statement changes because servers have changed. Dead realms weren’t dead years ago. People still move.

The onus is on you to move if you are unhappy on your current server. It’s not down to me in any way shape or form. The choice is yours and yours alone.

Nobody aimed to make their life easier. People aimed for their bis Legendaries, because their classes were gimped without them against people had them.

I agree with Resista. The amount of time and effort put into acquiring these is disproportionate to their benefit.

I see it as more of a way for die hard solo players with no life to get good gear. Heck, if they’re willing to put the work in, why not?

I would like some other use for the titan residuum I’m probably not going to use, maybe something cosmetic. I nearly have enough for a 385 piece but I already have all of these, and I doubt I’ll get enough for a 400 piece. Heck, I’d like a mini-pet, at least? Maybe make some of it account bound so I can gear up an alt a little quicker?

30 ± (more like a bit less) is ofc absolutely riddiculous. I for example need different items for single target for aoe for m+ and for pvp. 30weeks would fit only one ,set" of three items in the point of time where everything is going to be on farm status anyway so even this one set wouldnt have much of use except logging. Now thats from only a dps player view. Can u imagine how long it will take to ppl with multiple specs and roles to get bis items?

And even if i manage to hold residuum for so long to get bis item i wouldnt have much time left to even enjoy the power of my character since next patch and next gigantic ilvl jump will be almost there. It is silly bandaid to make players on forums shut up.

Worry not. Raid is out for almost month. Catch up mechanic giving you 415 azerite armor for killing 10 boars should be around the corner!

would be better if it were 70 instead of 7k right? Or just by completing a Lootfront to choose one! Oh wait… it doesnt fit into World of Slotmachines!

Well look at it from this perspective, I play all my specs and yes I raid as shadow, holy and Disc. The difference between the “best” traits and the second or third best traits are not as high as you think.

Aiming for BiS traits - Go for ilvl 400’s I’m not joking here. If you aim to do +10’s etc. If you plan to raid mythic and do +20’s… You will most likely rack up equal gear anyways since the difference between best and 2nd best raits are quite low. Besides if you plan to raid mythic you will eventually get pieces which breaks down into 300~resi.

Yes getting your BiS should be hard… Do some +15 keys, grab your emissaries, collect your RF, Normal, Hc, Myth Azerites do some assualts and you will notice those resi will rack up pretty quickly. I think i earned about 1100~ resi this week putting in almost no time whatsoever into the game. Then i don’t even multi clear any raids since i just pick the healer we need and say “yata!”.

Very specific. As a ret, for M+ empyrean power is a mandatory trait, and i may never get it with this lottery.

Getting BIS should be hard, not potentially impossibile due to RNG or a grind longer than the tier last.
There is a big difference.

3 Likes

It’s 800 dps for Frost mage… I’m currently sitting with a 390 piece, which outperfroms any 400 one, which doesn’t have Flash freeze and is 0.5% under any 415 that doesn’t either. 390 < 415 with 0.5%. Arcane is even worse and Fire can be played only if you have 3 speicific items, who fortunately are all from the raid.

It’s ironic that most of the people here agreeing with the OP have thought “hyuk hyuk gear is too easy to get!”

Now that genuinely guaranteed good pieces are on the end of a decent grind their tune has changed.

I now await the outrage when someone buys the supershiny piece only for it to be nerfed.

If you are kissed by the RNG Goddess you will have 3x415 bis pieces in 5 weeks, if you aren’t you will get your last one as soon as the item becomes obsolate due the next season. It is not hard to wait for 30 weeks. That is not a grind. A grind would be if you had endless supply of currency around the world, where it only matter how much game time you put into it. The 30 weeks is a time gate, for which you have to invest no more than an hour once every week.

2 Likes

Well ain’t the main crux of the problem that flash freeze are so much stronger then the 2nd most valuable trait then? You see getting “the best gear” vs “great gear” are supposed to be a big step up. Want the best gear, well save up your residuum for your main spec. Want great gear just random roll a token, its like 50% flash freeze will show up on headpieces and robes given the two class rings a bit worse for shoulders. In a worst case scenario, the item whould be better used for another spec.

I just random rolled my “BiS” headpiece and its wowzers 300 dps higher then my 390 head i got from a emissary reward. Blood Mallets numbers seem to have some great inflation related to them.

Don’t spend any Residuum on specific pieces. This Item have less Value from Week to Week. Basically you can buy Item(s) before the Season ends. Close to Zero Value.

Now that I resubbed for the story I can see why Azerite armor is a total bleepstorm of a disaster for those who are trying to become competitive.

I personally am a big fan of the azerite system since release, or at least it’s concept.

It got it’s problems in regards to obtainability, but most of that is fixed by now imho.

Furthermore it got’s its problems in regards to balance, which mostly is fixed due to there being double rings now, imho. I still think no ST trait should outperform another one by 2x-3x the effectiveness, but thats not a problem with the azerite system itself but with blizzards bad balancing.

I like the flexibility of different azerite items, before every boss or every dungeon i can take a look at my bag and min/max what items suite that encounter best. But a more casual player can just create one set of items that suits every situation decently and call it a day.

On Jadefire e.g. i try to stack as many shrouded suffocation traits as possible due to the nature of it being a 2 target encouter while on opulence my job is to only deal ST damage so i don’t need any AoE or multi target traits.
For M+ I mostly want 3x SS and 2-3x Echoing blades but depending on the week i can opt for some more ST traits.

Arena sets in TBC e.g. were timegated aswell, but also came with the grind of farming rating and playing 10+ games a week so I don’t think it can be one OR another, it can be both just as it is now.

Yes, you get a lot of TR from the weekly M+ chest, but you also get a good amount clearing the raid on all levels and doing the emissaries.

If you want to take it to the next level you can do a M+0 worldtour every week to get some more azerite.

There are ways to grind TR, they’re just not as rewarding as you would like.

Again, very specific to your class and situation.
Try to think at people who plays multi role class, or have traits that are worth way way more than 300 dps between them.
I also tank from time to time, if i had to save up for bis for both spec, i won’t materially have the time to do it before those items become obsolete. Or i have to roll random many times with the concrete possibility of not have any upgrade.