8.2 week 3 disappointments

I’m not talking about only grouping for instances… Communicating in chat, RPing, ganking in the world, parting for mob grind, for quests etc.

Ahsjahahs, what?! If something doesn’t have a que you are not plsying? :---------Ddd That is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Lmao, why are you even playing a mmo?!

why do you think you can ridicule statements like this.

it would be very nice to see completion statistics for M0 compared to mytic + compared to hc dungeons.

we wont see it because blizzard no longer releases numbers but i bet diamonds against nuts that the amount of people who do mythic 0 and higher compared to normal/hc dungeons is similiar to how many people did organized raiding compared to only lfr.

Maybe you missed the picture on the vanilla game box.

Create, connect, engage and in all the picture the are at least 2 player well playing together

and do you see people complaing about those ?

the only complains are about people being excluded from instance content.

i have yet to see someone who refuses to interact with others in trade chat .

The groupfinder tool, is one of the greatest things ever designed in wow (dont know what game actually created the tool first) and i cant understand why everything isent doable by solo queing… in swtor, all pvp content can be qued as solo and the pvp is not less fun or less challenging? Wow wins on fluent skill rotation and graphics for me, but its it’s not the gameplay anymore… once you have gotten used to automated ques, finding players or groups manually is just pure torture :joy:

Because it’s a ridiculous statement.

People literally complain that they need to make minimal communication with others to do content. And no one is excluded from content, they just refuse to do it the way it is designed. If Blizzard would officially state that new dungeon is made hard on purpose, so proper grouping is needed, would those people be ok to ignore dungeon and move on?

If you want to play a Fantasy game but you want 0 player interaction, 0 grind, 0 progress, 0 gatekeeping, 0 grouping, and 0 social aspect then go play the Witcher, or Skyrim, or Mount and Blade or something.

The ENTIRE MMORPG franchise is literally built around taking Dungeons and Dragons and letting you control your character directly and interact with other people directly, the social aspect of the games is THE fundament that make them different from regular fantasy RPGS.

It’s literally indefensible to argue for removal of social aspects in a game with social interaction as its fundamental gameplay loop.

2 Likes

There seems to be a misconception that because people don’t want to interact in particular activities, then they want to avoid other players in general and they “shouldn’t be playing MMOs”
That’s not the case. They just don’t want to have to interact with people whom make the experience unpleasant. I can only speak for myself here, but when I play I do so to relax and have some fun.
Grouping with others in some cases makes that game play better for doing so. Other activities just make me want to exit and go do something else and that’s normally due to some plank whom’s got either an elitist attitude or is generally obnoxious

I mean, at least the story is good and coherent in that game. Otherwise I agree with everything you said though.

Well i knew what to expect of mechagon and how the opening of the raid would go over months.

I must say i was dissappointed that i need to find a premade group for heroic warfronts. But i do see why they did it, the amount of leechers in the normal one are huge. often feeling entitled to it and getting angry when being called out on it. with groups like these with a raid leader the amount of leechers atleast will be less.

Thats not what he said though, OP didn’t say ‘‘I only do Normal/Heroic and M+ with my guild’’, he literally said ‘‘I don’t want to do ANY content i can not queue for in LFD/LFG/LFR’’ and at that point, there is no point in playing an MMO if he doesnt like the MMO part of an MMORPG

Then he’s better of playing a roguelike game or a single player rpg

1 Like

You made me realise I got D:OS2 in a sale ages ago and never played it :roll_eyes: Really need to sort my library out.

While I kind of agree, I was discussing just yesterday how there are basically no games anywhere that offer the same length of experience as WoW. Nothing out there offers you a progression curve that takes months to run through.

But yeah, I’m sorry OP, this is an MMO. You need to talk to humans now and then if you want to progress further into the content. FWIW, many of us are actually really kind and friendly. If you take the time to find us, join us, talk in our communities, we will probably end up enriching your experience.

But he is participating in group content by doing dungeons and raids even it they are via LFR etc. thus playing the MMO content.
He just doesn’t want to use one particular system. That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t play the game.
How about people who don’t like to PVP or do pet battles or do world quests.
Should they stop playing too?
The game is 15 years old. As with the graphics the systems have changed too.
Some people prefer the new queueing system over a system from 15 years ago.
If Blizzard don’t want us to use that system, then they shouldn’t have created it

2 Likes

For as long as i can remember, LFR has always and i mean ALWAYS got opened a week or so after Normal and Heroic, with a new “wing” releasing each week after. It isn’t any different now.
And you arent missing anything with heroic warfronts. They are just as boring, with the only difference from normal is that the boss now makes a single assault on your base in the beginning and then flees at 60% hp.

???

As others have already replied to you, I am not objecting to content that requires a group of people to complete, I am objecting to content that requires a MANUAL group to complete.

I am objecting to content that requires manual groups, because everywhere there are such manual groups players are tasked with accepting / not accepting others and they end up doing so slowly and inefficiently. As a result, there develops a toxic ecosystem with a high barrier to entry, and if you want to participate in such a system, you end up spending a lot of time playing to it, frequently doing not what you want but what you should do to please it. I know how it all works inside and out, I was playing for years and have seen it all.

Automatic groups, on the other hand, don’t develop anything like that. The efficiency criteria - be it ilvl or level of instance completed, etc - is objective. You don’t spend time on forming groups, you don’t have to play the social game, you don’t have to keep a schedule. It just works. And it aligns with how most people want to play games. The gaming industry evolved to discover that and developed means to facilitate interesting gameplay with others without the annoyance of the social dances, which frequently become toxic, with solo queues.

I am not asking to remove manual groups, they can stay. But I am not going to participate in them because, as I said, the barrier of entry is too high and the experience is unenjoyable. I am complaining that they are doing content which is behind those manual groups and asking why the hell does this have to be the case?

Why not provide a heroic version of Mechagon and allow queuing for it? Why not allow queuing for heroic warfronts? Have some ilvl requirement if you have to, or add ratings. Why not unlock LFR on the same day as normal / heroic raid? Seriously, why not unlock LFR the moment the raid unlocks? As I said, the original reason LFR was held up stopped being valid years ago. Someone forgot to tell Blizzard to stop delaying LFR after the original reason to delay it - the fear of raiders to get gear from it - stopped existing.

Regardless of what you think about ‘manual group content’, the biggest problem with this post remains the fact that it’s titled ‘week 3 disappointments’ when we’ve known for absolutely ages that Mechagon would be mythic only at first, and that Heroic warfronts would work the way they do, and that raid finder wings open gradually, just as they always have…

Something can’t be a disappointment if it’s exactly what it says on the tin.

I didn’t know that Mechagon was going to be mythic-only and I didn’t know that heroic warfronts are going to be manual-group-only either. The only bit that I kind of expected is LFR being unlocked with a delay - this delay seems to me to be pointless, but if that was all we’ve got, I wouldn’t have posted.