8.2 week 3 disappointments

It was announced as a mega dungeon, Kara was a mega dungeon and was mythic only for a while. You could have count 1 and 1 or just do some research…

I really am not interested in what I could have thought or expected.

Why are they doing this? Can you answer?

They told us ages ago that Mechagon was mythic only at first. Outside of being told, it was obvious anyway. King’s Rest and Siege of Boralus, this xpac’s ‘attunement’ dungeons, were mythic only at first. Legion’s equivalent of Mechagon, Karazhan, was also mythic only.

As for Heroic warfronts, I’m not really sure why you’re annoyed at this. You’ve stated you want to relax and experience the content rather than find a group and push boundaries, so why do you even want to do Heroic warfronts when you can do the normal version?

It’s like talking to a wall.

Why is Mechagon mythic-only? Why make it mythic-only? Why? For what reason?

Why heroic warfronts are not queueable? To what end?

Why keep LFR locked until later? Why on Earth?

What does this all serve?

Make it mythic only for a time? Simple answer; I don’t know. A little longer; I believe (this are only my thoughts about it) mythic only megadungeons are for people who like to overcome some challenges and I’m sure they plan to make this playable on heroic and m+ in the future when people are used to the dungeon. To delay certain aspects of the game is nothing new, in past expansions you had to do prequests to enter a raid but I think that was some kind of too hard work for some people and then they scrapped it and put a flat timegate on it’s place…

Well, cool, and note that your answer to my “why delay” is “I don’t know” + “they always did that”.

Because some content is designed with challenge in mind. Mechagon is such a place, with gear rewards that merit the challenge.

And why not have a heroic version?

Because believe it or not, there are things in pretty much every video game which are designed to be more difficult than other areas of the game.

Not everything has to be part of the casual fair-ground.

I gave you an explanation what I think why they timegate this and you simply ignored it. :wink:

In addition, I also believe the tamegating is to stop some people burning out, because on the start of a new raid you’ll have to do everything possible to get a good starting point. With the delay of lfr and in addition mythic and in this case heroic mechagon you don’t have to do this and casuals still have plenty of content actually available so that a short wait time isn’t that big of a deal.

This does not answer my question, and let me note that by simple participation, mythic things are sponsored by heroic things and not the other way around, so there is vastly more reason to have things be heroic-only than mythic-only.

At this stage it would make normal mythic dungeons pointless because the rewards in mechagon are higher.

I am sorry, I didn’t ignore it - you said that you don’t know and you said that they were always doing that, that’s it.

You are offering an additional point now and speculating that perhaps they are doing it to stop people from burning out. Well, let me tell you, in BFA nobody is burning out.

It’s an answer, it’s just not the answer you want. 99% of the content in WoW is accessible to everyone - there’s nothing wrong with having a sliver of challenging stuff for those who want to push themselves.

You are saying that they don’t do heroic Mechagon because that would devalue mythic Mechagon? Sorry, I am not following.

Sorry, but I’ve had enough. Is it so scary to you to find group for that content? It overwhelms you? You should fight your weakness, not drown in it. I’m 100% sure there are people who think like you and you could find them in Premade Groups if you just give it a chance.

If you’re so stubborn to not use simple tool, then pls don’t ask for nerfs.

Seriously, why people with SAD even start playing WoW? There should be warning “CAREFUL, GAME CONTAINS PEOPLE, THEY TALK”…

2 Likes

No it would devalue the other mythic dungeons and putting normal hc loot like other hc dungeons would make little sense in my eyes. You simply could spam heroic mechagon to get gear.

What’s an answer? That there are things designed to be more difficult? But I am not asking for making things less difficult? You can keep your difficult things difficult. I am asking why there is no heroic version of Mechagon. And why there is no queue for heroic warfronts - without lowering difficulty. And why LFR keeps being delayed. You answered none of this. The “some things are designed to be more difficult” is not an answer to any of this.

Because there doesn’t need to be a fair-ground version of everything… Ever played Kingdom Hearts 2? There wasn’t an ‘easy mode’ version of the optional fight with Sephiroth where you’re unkillable, you just had to git gud and do it.

We are in fantasy land now. This is solved by making rewards have appropriate ilvl. Something that has been done for years.

Who is asking for nerfs?

Sorry, but it’s me who has had enough. The thread is full of posters like you who post complete nonsense unrelated to what I post. Have fun with your damn toxic ecosystems like RIO and your dying game with devs who are too inept and too stubborn to save it. Let’s all celebrate when BFA loses another half of the subs.

1 Like