8 delves per week is way too much

It wouldn’t be so bad if it were account bound progress, though I must admit it’s exhausting to have to do eight delves on each character you want to gear up.

1 Like

But when any content feels like a forced chore torture as you called it, why does the content even exist? Shouldn’t that content be removed from the game when it’s simply bad? Anything that isn’t fun shouldn’t exist in a video game, right? When a piece of content provides good rewards but feels like work, doesn’t that miss the point entirely?

Any content that gives rewards of some sort will feel like «forced content» to someone. Just look at plunderstorm. It offered cosmetics and ppl hated it and still grinded it. M+, some ppl hate it but still grind it for the vault. Raids are the same. Any reward will make some ppl feel forced to do it. And what happens if we remove all rewards? I think alot of ppl would stop playing.

1 Like

The only reason it feels like a forced chore is because the only reason someone is doing it is for the gear.

It could be fun, interesting content but if the only reason you’re doing it is for gear then you don’t notice the fun interesting aspects anymore.

I don’t know how we break this cycle.

I do four for the rep but only have two reps left to go and I think I have two stories left to do and then the dreaded deathless 11.

It does seem like Gear is the main issue here.
No one complained about Class Mount in Order Halls was Forced content. The Insane title is not seen as Forced content.

Yet in recent time I’ve seen threads complaining that Raiding is now Forced and in this thread how Delves are a must do 8 a week (for the gear).

Plunderstorm was slightly different, that was FOMO with some unique cosmetics.
Not sure if they did it again it would get the same level of participation.

You are not obligated to fill the vault, let alone on every one of your chars, not should it be normal or expected. It’s already significantly easier to fill with delves than dungeons or raids.

1 Like

You’re missing the point here. It should be FUN to fill every slot of the Great Vault.

it is for me.
I’m really enjoying running delves and getting a Hero piece every week in the vault.

You could have the most fun thing in the game but doing it over and over every week would just lead back to these threads.

1 Like

I think if someone is juggling five characters it’s more sensible to just do one or two options per character.

If even the most fun thing (which delves are a bad example for it) becomes less fun over time - which is true - then wouldn’t it be sensible to reduce the required weekly amount of this content to be reduced over time as well? That’s the point of this thread.

Why still require 8 delves per week when people had their fill already? Most players never enjoyed the content in the first place. Delves have been very poorly received. At some point the developer has to accept reality and begin damage control.

Welcome to what we had to go through with M+ for years.

Why not just do the stuff you enjoy doing instead then? What content in wow do you enjoy?

1 Like

What do you mean when you said you HAD to go through it FOR YEARS? Why didn’t you just quit the activity or the game when you didn’t enjoy it anymore? Why play a game that isn’t fun for you anymore? It’s okay to quit. If I don’t enjoy doing something in World of Warcraft, I just quit doing it immediately. Why torture yourself?

I enjoy M progression raiding, but blizz decided you need to farm M+ to play it.

It’s fun to do M+. But if we make everyone run 30 keys per week for a month a lot of people are going to get bored.

It’s fun to do Raids. But make everyone schedule their evening 3/4 times per week to go wipe on a boss and a lot of them will change their minds.

It’s fun to do Delves. But do 40 of them per week and you will hate them.

The activity didn’t become worse all of a sudden. You just get nauseated by it because you do too much of it, and probably you don’t really enjoy doing THAT much.

On one character for many it will be.

Then Blizzard shouldn’t require players to do SO MUCH of that content, right? That’s the point of this thread. The number of delves, dungeons and raids should be balanced correctly. Right now it’s way too much. The system doesn’t work.

Players want to enjoy earning rewards by doing fun activies. Players don’t want to feel like missing out on rewards because way too much activity is required of them.

Does Blizzard require you to play 5 char?

2 Likes