8 delves per week is way too much

You dont HAVE to max out your great vault every week. You could just do the things you find fun. If you only find it fun to do one delve og zero delves a week, dont do them.

oh im sure that from perspective of players not good neough for m+ or raiding they are amazing

but they destory the balance of rest of game so they need to be adjusted

or difficulty of dvelves needs to be significantly higher.

they don’t destroy any balance whatsoever.
Casual players running around in 619 gear has 0 bearing on your M+/Raids

1 Like

With words like ‘to require 8 delves per character’, you make it sound like it’s compulsory, well it’s not.

Just think back to previous xpacs - when did ‘casuals’ have the opportunity to get anything from the vault without doing group-oriented activities?

The stuff you get will all be redundant in a few weeks time: gear will go up another 20 levels, new delves opening up, etc. etc. so you can start all over again! You never had it so good!

Don’t listen to him. He admited he is doing delves himself for the loot. Now that he is done with them, it’s time to destroy the fun for others cuz we “don’t deserve it”. A story old as WoW itself…

And this is with every thread about delves.
What Blizzard needs to do is make M+ chests require Restored Key to open, that would be the ultimate troll move. Then suddenly delves will be “fine” overnight, just watch…

1 Like

I know, never seen anything posted positive by Lillith outside selfish behavior.
But I’m not letting it slide.

People are clearly forgetting this line in my post, nerfing the difficulty in m+ so that it matches the t8 delve difficulty, is another perfectly acceptable answer.

Delves guarantees 4 603 champion per day with a chance of 610 hero gear and 616 in vault.

Is not just the difficulty but is also the reward that, paired with the difficulty makes delves really good to get into the season/alt gearing.

It is also solo content which means less o annoyance from having to group up.

It’s probably impossible to balance now as Delves will always be the better choice even if they are made harder than Mythic raids:

-Infinite retries
-Don’t need to find other players
-Other players can’t destroy the run
-Always get loot at the end
-No toxicity, unless you count Brann constantly bringing up treasure as toxic

1 Like

8 delves would be fine if they were fun, but they are not fun.

Lowering the amount would appear like an admission that they are not fun, so I doubt Blizzard will do that.

Besides, the fundamental problem is that they are not fun. So they should be improved so they are fun.
Then it might not be an issue to do 8 delves.

Blizzard are likely to make improvements for the next Season of delves. But whether it’ll be too little, too late, who knows?

I have done 4 this week. I don’t want to do more. And I’m not going to.

1 Like

610 from maps, of which you get on average 1 per week, maybe even 0. And both 610 and 616 from vault suffer from the delve loot table, which is 80% trinkets and cloaks, most of which terrible. It’s not the loot pinata everyone seems to be implying it to be.

And the the fun part is Runed crests only drop 2 (yes, TWO) per delve and Guilded crests you only get from maps, 3 per delve. So your ability to upgrade that hero gear is very very limited. Best gear you could hope for as a delver is 619 all around after a loooong time, because good luck trying to get the needed Guilded crests beyond that.

The gear from delves is OK for what it is. All the “pro-s” that want it nerfed should focus on getting their mythic gear, because if they already had it, they wouldn’t be complaining about delves.

2 Likes

I think they are quite fun, but in a moderate amount. Like, don’t overplay them :slight_smile:

For an open world-delve player i do not think 8 are that many though.

I commend your endurance for sticking it out with the “bads” in your groups. I know how tempting it must be to leave groups that are beneath you.

1 Like

That also feels like a bit of an admission that they are not fun. Because the core design is that delves are an activity you play quite a bit. Between the weekly Vault and the different instances and stories, and the seasonal journey and progression and Brann leveling, and the coffer keys and maps, it’s not a one and done affair.

So if it starts to feel like a slog a month into the Season after having done no more than a couple of dozen delves, I’d say the fun is heavily overstated relative to the design aspiration.

One delve per day and two on a Sunday?, works for me

again, self-imposed problem.
I’m doing two delves a day when I feel like it, there’s days I don’t do a single delve.
Play at your own pace and moderation and it becomes too much, do something else.

Season isn’t even half-way

As i mentioned, you get a chance to 610. No need to repeat like a parrot.

I got 2 weapon, 1 trink, chest waist and legs.
When i did them on my dh.

Also, no one is saying they are a loot pinata all around, but they should be your obvious choices to gear up to a certain level.

I literally went into delve on Saturday with a 540 char and could solo my way to level 603 gear.

To do the same with M+ or Raids you would have to know people willing to bring you, and that without any guarantee of looting.

It is actually really good for what it is unless you live in a bubble and just want to do delves only.

You don’t just go and get Mythic gear, you need gear to get mythic gear.

I doubt anyone affirm that Delves are the ultimate endgame gear goal, but to deny their importance given by their loot guarantee, high ilvl and low difficulty is asinine.

I never said they should be nerfed tho, i dont live in a delve only bubble, i use delve to gear up alts quickly.

No. That’s a design problem.

If the segment of players who this content is aimed at is finding it increasingly less fun after only a month of playing, then that implies that there are some shortcomings in the design with regards to the replayability value - especially when said content is intended to have high replayability.

It is not up to the player to conjure up a self-imposed pseudo solution (such as playing the content less would be) to a problem that stems from lackluster game design. It’s on Blizzard’s developers to improve on the feature.

agree to disagree without seeing actual numbers.
A few people saying they don’t like it is not enough to base this one.
For everyone that said they don’t like it, you got someone that liked it.

it has huge imapct if people stop m+ and raids and do dvelves because they are much eaiser and much more rewarding.

its destroying balance of game and blizzard has to take action

bdw if they changed it to veteran / champions gear you would still get to 619 itlv.

you just wouldnt get hero gear which you dont deserve.

and people would have a reason to do m+ and raids for that hero gear.

atm balance is destoryd and people are delusional if they belive it will be kept like this more then 1 season :slight_smile: