8.3 Memory leaks

It’s still happening to me. Just did. Game freezes for 5-10 sec and then comes back. Cursor still works fine. So does every other tab when it happens. Just wow. Also seems to happen during heavy combat more frequently. And no, not talking about fps during big combat.

EDIT: Many of my friends are holding off playing until this is fixed. Can we at least get an update?

If you open your event viewer (just type in event viewer in the start menu) in windows you will see that your gpu driver (nvlddmkm) crashed and recovered.

I’ve tried several drivers at this point (doing a DDU uninstall before each first)
A guildie with a 2080 TI like me uses 436.48 but it still occured.
The most recent driver it also occurs.
And finally the recently released hotfix 442.01 it also occurs.

So it’s not drivers.

It could be windows, but I sincerely doubt it, because me and that guildie I spoke of also have the same version of windows, which is 1903 (OS Build 18362.592)

Please tell me what other information you could POSSIBLY require or perhaps ANY sign of you working on this. It’s been a week. I’m paying for this service, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my hardware as I have stresstested every component. If you don’t address this I promise you I won’t stay subbed after Nya’lotha progress is done.

Paste bin link of my DXDiag (Can’t post links so remove the space):
pastebin .com/usWqRJze

2 Likes

Win 10 Pro, version 1903. Game freezes a lot. It happens even after I renamed files to …Old as the guide linked in “not enough memory” error suggested. The freezes don’t affect sound fully and cursor moves normally after the crash (and remains in the WoW glove shape).

Same Problem here, useing a 9900k
gtx 1070, 32gb of ram and win 10 build 1909 fresh installed, all was fine then 8.3 happened
at the beginning all was fine until I got to the chamber quest where it got attacked, also a quest in uldum where u kill the boss on the platform and in m+. I was checking temps reinstalled drivers all fine then saw how my psu just spiking from 50% to 100% drop down to 1 % then everything is fine for a short time and again sometimes game just crashed or just running and freezing for 1-2secs. Tested dx 11 dx 12 dx 11 legacy nothing working for me. Just don’t know what to do. Also reinstalled wow+battle net did not installed any addon and still same issues

Just spent the day trying to fix my laptop. It got worse today. I am using an ASUS Stryx with Ryzen 7 . OP sys is Windows 10 Pro.

Hi
I have exactly the same problem as any other person posting in this thread. After 8.3 launch I started to get 10 - 15 sec freezes + black screen every time I opened my character screen or map, especially in places like Boralus or Stormwind. My first thought was addons. I disabled everything, nothing changed. I cleared cache, nothing changed. Then I started crashing with a “not enough memory” error. I bought more RAM, now instead 8GB I have 16GB and almost nothing changed. Now I have 3 - 5 sec freezes (without the black screen) when opening character window or map in crowded areas and no memory crashes, but the problem is still there. Memory usage still increasing with every crash, now I’m just not “reaching” the maximum memory available.
Also surprisingly enough I don’t have any issues while in raid instance with 30 other ppl pumping out their best spells out apart of the normal FPS drop, but it always was there. Seems like it only occurs in “open world”.

Graphic card: GTX 770 with 2048 MB memory.
OS: Windows 10 Home edition Version: 10.018362 Build 18362

I also tried the DirectX 11 Legacy fix… and yes it working, but the FPS drop is huge and game is even more unplayable.

Can we please get a fix on it, since I already spent around 100 Euro to fix it myself :slight_smile: and it obviously is not a problem on our end.

Win 7…oldschool.

I’m having the same problem. The game freezes for a few seconds at a time, and memory usage spikes to 100%, then slowly goes down until the next spike. It happens every ten seconds or so.
It happens more often when I’m in combat and less often when I’m flying. Changing the graphics settings doesn’t affect this at all, even when I turn it all the way down to 1. I tried the DirectX 11 Legacy ‘fix’, but that didn’t fix it for me.

I’m running Windows 10 build 18362.592, I have 8 GB RAM, and Nvidia Geforce 840M, with up-to-date drivers.

1 Like

There’s a blue post finally answering on the US forums but their suggested fix did not work for me.

1 Like

Same for me, tried the blue post fix (enabling debug mode) and it did nothing to help fix the problem, this is getting pretty ridiculous at this point, i cant participate in any content without my game basically grinding to a halt for atleast 5-20 seconds this has been happening for a week! i dont have these issues in any other game, switching to legacy dx11 also doesnt fix the issue allthough it seems to make the freezing less frequent.

2 Likes

The fixes linked in the US thread did not work. My gpu is not unstable. Fix your game. I can run very intense stress tests of both my gpu, cpu and ram without failure. All other games work perfectly. Dont tell me to debug stuff.

My gpu driver does not actually crash during the 5-10 sec freezes. Cant find any indication of that in the eventviewer or anything. The freeze happens most often when going between zones (loadingscreens), but can happen at any time.

5 Likes

Having smae problem, tryed clean installs and drivers are updated but freeze and crash seems to come shortly after you change zone or enter instances. No addons installed

2 Likes

Ty , ty ,ty . /hugs /kisses and all.
I can confirm it worked for me. I am playing for 3 hours now. No freezes , no lag , no out of memory message pop ups nothing . I reverted my graphics settings to where i used to have before 8.3 , i loaded all my 15 addons and everything is smooth again . My graphics card btw is GTX 650 and yes i had all those things ppl said in this thread and seriously i was on the verge of quiting this game.
I agree the problem is a memory leak that kept growing whenever i was opening/closing map , group finder, collections, in general , every tab in the UI
Again, Andriar i can’t thank you more.

1 Like

There was an issue once with Radeon Graphix cards. Is anyone experiencing this with a different card? I can just about tolerate the fps drop off which starts when I log on but then my computers overheats and dies. This only happens playing WoW. I have cleaned my laptop inside and out, boosted my fan to max, run diagnostics several times, nothing seems to help.

Temporary solution for now it seems.

1 Like

Except it doesn’t work.

1 Like

Going to give that a try, thanks

I gave it a try and thought it has helped as I had no lang in stormwind. By the time I went to Boralus and went on flight path, WoW has chugged 8.9GB of RAM and its climbing to 15GB. Its once again freezing.

Hello Blizzard, what are we paying you for when underfunded non blizzard servers do a better job managing lag and performance?

1 Like

Already tried all the steps from that “solution” of urs from another thread, but for some reason i can’t reply there.
Still nothing… having the same 3-15sec freezes when using DX11 / 12 (not the legacy one) when changing zone / teleporting / opening map or character page / finishing some major objectives.

I’ve ever done more than what u’ve suggested in the temporary fix , there’s nothing wrong with my CPU/GPU or drivers . Done a clean version of my win10 aswell which did not help, but took half of my day :__:

Running with DX11 legacy helps , but i feel like it’s just hidding the problem, instead of solving it , plus our FPS when using this version drops to like 20-40

3 Likes