8.3 Memory leaks

Hello!

It seems that I’m not the only one getting these freezes.
And that happened exactly after the patch hits.
I thought it was based on addons, so I disabled / updated. Nothing has changed.

My setup:
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (x64-based processor), ver. 1909 (07.01.2020).
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1607, 4x3.00 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Graphic: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2.0 GB

Hard disks space:
Drive C: (where OS is installed) has 112GB free out of 194 GB
Drive D: (where WOW is installed) has 568 GB out of 736 GB

Frezees happen when I inspect the player, enter the instance (not often, but could ‘proc’), doing a world quest, browsing the inventory etc.

UPD.
Changed to DX11 legacy, freezes are gone, but the FPS droped by 60%.

1 Like

im having this problem aswell (saturday 18/01/20) it freezes for 3-15 seconds, totally locks up, i have windows 10 updated yesterday, and still happening, uninstalled all my addons, cleared cache and everything, still happening.

1 Like

Memory usage skyrocketed after patch.I am using the latest Win10 build, 8 gigs of Ram.When I get a portal the game stays in the loading screen. Today after I manually shut down wow (x the icon on the taskbar), computer still acted a bit funny.Opened the task manager and saw that even though WOW was not running, it was still consuming about 3gb of Ram.I had to disable it through the task manager too

1 Like
  1. day in raw, used windowed mod for first time, was standing in Boralus and wow just crashed after consuming 17gb ram, same spot, same scenario…

Ram usage is slowly building up from 2,2gb to point you dont have memory and game will crush

2 Likes

this works !

Does not work. Graphics on lowest settings and it still occcurs as well. Zzzz.

4 Likes

I’ve been having the same issues since patch day. Memory leaks that keep getting worse until the game becomes unplayable. So much lag, game freezes etc.

I tried switching to DX11 or DX11 Legacy and it didn’t do anything for me. Same with graphics on lowest settings. Nothing seems to help.

WoW played perfectly before 8.3 so no, it’s not my PC.

4 Likes

Swapping to DX11 legacy worked for me after i 've changed the GPU drivers to older ones. 2nd day in a row now , and everything is fine, besides the fact that my fps and overall game fluency is lower

1 Like

Greetings!

Bad memory leaks too, here. Game crashing my graphics driver to black screen. And yes, my Windows is 8.1.

Currently updating the graphics driver.

2 Likes

I am also having issues.

Using Windows 10 pro build 1903, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 770 and i7 4770k non OC.

WoW spikes to max RAM and then crashes.

1 Like

I have the same issues on Windows 10 1903 since patch 8.3 release. I can 100% of the time replicate these 5-15 sec freezes by opening the Character info ( C ), the Appearances tab from the Collections or by inspecting another player (maybe it has something to do with the Character Model Preview?) . I tried reinstalling the game, completely resetting my UI, moving the game to another Drive, lowering Graphics to 1 but nothing changed. When these Freezes appear my GPU and Disk Usage spikes to 100%. I also tried moving WoW to a Drive that didn’t have Windows installed (both SSDs), then during the Freezes my Disk with Windows on it would spike to 100% Usage while the Disk with WoW on it would go from ~4% to 50% Usage.

2 Likes

@Ziimz you took great effort to rule out your system as a cause. But this is clearly caused by the new patch 8.3. Some nice reads…

3 Likes

I’m getting a lot of delay/lag in Vale. Every time for example I do Eye Beam my char is stuck still casting Eye Beam non-stop even though ability is over my other abilities are on huge delay/lag. Looting stuff is delayed including the cache boxes. This only happening in Vale for me Uldum is fine as is every other zone. Please fix the stability in that zone its getting unplayable

I have similar issue since patch day. Usually when i open Character screen, my system freezes for 5 seconds. After reading this, i also checked memory usage, and it spikes when i open character screen. Windows 10, problem is both on dx11 and dx12, switching to legacy dx 11 fixes this.

3 Likes

not sure if its the same issue but my memory usage is hitting 95% when wow is on. game starts really choppy then my whole pc comes to a slow grinding halt. getting massive fps drops, very long loading screens. tried the dx change fix but did not work for me.

2 Likes

all zones up to cataclysm seems fine for me, but everything beyond cataclysm is either slow or occasionally spike in memory usage very high… worst of the worst is all legion expansion, and worst places to be in are stormwind (after 8.3 become even worst) and legion’s dalaran. I wish everything would work as great as cataclysm.

Closing in on a week with this issue and the only answer we have gotten is a non-answer.
Really?

3 Likes

Win 8.1.
Using two PC, one is never had this problem, while the other has it since 8.3 arrived.

1 Like

Win 8.1
game crashed at least 5 times today with out of memory errors, never had any problems pre-8.3

1 Like

same problem here I gto 8gb ddr 4 ram system win 10 graphcs gtx 1050 ti 4gb
processor 8th gen i5 4ghz+ ssd 512gb Kingston, and after release of 8.3 I started experiencing very rare a game freezes for couple of seconds and back to normality or sometimes not and I need to kill process, before 8.3 wow .exe was using about maybe half of my ram now when it freeze it rises insanely up. I hope that problem will be solved, am really frustrated, specially when I am on limited time vision…

1 Like