8.3 Memory leaks

Same issue … worked fantastically before the patch … now game unplayable… my machine is fine with any other game, just poor old wow that is broken …
Memory goes mental when it starts to hang … hope Blizz get a fix soon was looking forward to a few hours of WoW this evening :confused:

3 Likes

For me it seems to be connected to the game loading the environment/assets

I think so too. Not moving at all doesn’t seem to trigger it as much. And often loading into new zones will not work at all (the loading bar will not load and it’ll be stuck forever until I alt f4)

Yup i do
, already tested all DX versions and tried 3 or 4 newest versions of drivers.
Done almost everything ppl were saying in this thread, nothing besides swapping to DX11 legacy helped.

Yes. A GTX 1080.

1 Like

I haven’t experienced it getting stuck on loading screens, actually. Well, not yet at least…

Judging by the forum threads, it seems like there are a few slightly different issues that people are experiencing. They’re very similar, but not identical. I’m wondering if they all stem from the same source or not. Hopefully Blizzard will figure it out soon.

Well thats what i wrote to Blizzard via Ticket ingame. but the ticket is gone, they dont listen to the people and anyways their ticketing system is now trash, no more gamemasters and nothing, what can i say. Just stupid paying costumers and no administration anymore, just self service and cash cash cash. This game is not worth the 12,90 EUR a month anymore with that lack of support no joke.
And at the end thers only a appologize and not even a free game time for that crap they design.

Ok now about the issue, It has to do with Nvidia Chipsets.
As far as i saw and talked to people i can tell, those who dont have a Nvidia graphic card got no problems at all. And those with Nvidia have major issues, because for whatever reason all the graphic memory gets overflowed or buffered in the windows System in the RAM and Pagefile, which makes the entire system instable and causes freezes until the harddisk is full. And then the system brakes down. The CPU is going up the RAM is filled up to max no matter if you have 8-16-32 GB of RAM. And after that the Pagefile writes the harddisk full till the end so windows (no matter what version) cant work anymore.

Its Like the graphic data is not addressed correctly or not getting dumped when not used anymore and is getting saved in the systems memory instead.

So for me the workaround helped, in game settings - System - Advanced - Graphics API - switching from Direct X to Direct X legacy with the freezes. But its of course not the solution. They should just test the dammn client with a PC that got a Nvidia GC instead to ask people what windows version they got. The feedback should be clear enough already…. I am a IT Technician my self and if i would work for such a company with all that IT Teams around me, id had the problem solved already thats for sure….

5 Likes

The game runs smooth as butter, N’Zoth is playing with our minds…can’t you see it’s already begun.

5 Likes

Directx 11 legacy worked for me. I hope others can solve too. But still it cost 2 vessel :frowning: i want my vessels backk :’( (and i just notice one thing. I checked memory usage when i playing wow after pacth Antimalware Service Executable pumping randomly when i played wow. After change the dx11 to legacy everything turn to normal. And im using win 10 pro)

Game is unplayable for me.

Freezes every 10s for 10s.

• 10s freeze
  • black screen
  • Back 2 windows

Going to play other games.

1 Like

the mini patch today did not fix it

1 Like

I have a RTX 2070S and no problems.
My friend hast a GTX 970 and no problems.
On DX12.
Just saying.

Same for me. Whenever i have to load into a new zone, wether it be through a (raid) portal or sometimes even when i take the flight master, my screen freezes, kicks me out and when i try to log back in, the loading bar only moves up to a certain point and then freezes as well.
Closing and restarting WoW and Battle.
net doesnt help. I do get a message saying that the realmservers are inactive sometimes tho.

My problem is that whenever I finish a vision I cannot return back to chamber of hearth the loading screen just freezes and that’s it. When I close the game and rerun it I try to log in on my char but it says that there is already a char with that name. I rerun the whole app and then log in and it spawns me in Boralus, I click the portal to silithus and the same thing happens all over again.

1 Like

I changed graphic settings to Directx 11 Legacy and it stopped leaking memory and freezing after.

2 Likes

God damn it, I get random DCs, random freezes, spikes and now I’m stuck at the loading screen. How I am supposed to do Visions with all that mess? :frowning:

I just went to do my daily vision and the loading screen took so long that when I loaded in I was somehow already at -80% sanity… didn’t even finish the quest so that is 1k coalescing visions lost.

We had the same issue - two devices, one of them started crashing down hard after 8.3, resolved it by going to Advanced setting for direct x 11 and setting it to legacy :https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/56554

Hope it works for you too.

1 Like

I am experiencing this issue too since 8.3 (never had it in previous versions). No change in hardware or software (drivers, etc).

The game randomly frozen and game client stops responding for about 10 seconds. But it usually resumes afterwards. Only had one occasion where it closes the game client completely.

This happens randomly but quite regularly; while standing around in the Great Seal, Zuldazar, while in combat (outdoor and indoor), and even inside an instance.

My computer’s spec:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K, 3.40 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Graphic: ASUS HD 7950 DirectCU II, 3GB GDDR5

Hard disks space:
Drive C: (where OS is installed) has 193 GB free out of 464 GB
Drive Z: (where WOW is installed) has 45 GB free out of 120 GB

URL to the DxDiag file: pastebin . com/R1W2yb6e

UPDATE #1:
After posting the above, I went and upgraded my Radeon Software from version 19.x.x to the latest version which is version 20.1.2. So far so good; 6 hours and 22 minutes straight of game time and has had ZERO freeze or even a lag spike.

UPDATE #2:
Today I had ONE of those freeze again after 5 hours of no lag. An improvement. But it’s till too bad. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

UPDATE #3:
It’s been 10 days after the last update. I’ve had 0 lag so far. Looks promising. ^^

1 Like

Ok. Now I’m stuck on loading screen almost every time I change locations: for example use hearthstone or a portal… Boralus, Stormwind… all the same. Unplayable.

The loading screen issue is completely unrelated, please take it to another thread.

2 Likes