Fix for Repeat Instance Bug Exploit

We’ve recently become aware of a bug that could be exploited to allow instanced encounters to be completed repeatedly. We have developed a fix for the issue, and we are in the process of deploying it worldwide.

As soon as possible, we will identify those who knowingly abused this bug in exploitative manner. We will then take appropriate punitive measures.

As a reminder, Blizzard’s End User License Agreement defines cheats as “methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods.”

As always, thank you for your feedback on this matter.

90 Likes

This be perfect mon!

6 Likes

Streamers abused this exploit ( Amondgold, Sodapoppin, Esfand even went as far as doing Molten Core twice before reset ) ;
I doubt you will punish them :confused: But i hope so as that would be the fair way…

91 Likes

too late .

14 Likes

Aye how very clever of you.

Way to late. Hows it a bug even? it’s perfectly obvious is was you guys SLACKING making layering so FLIMSY in the first place that’s to blame.

9 Likes

Let’s see streamers get banned.Oh wait the excuse will be they didn’t know what they are doing.The dmg is already done.

45 Likes

The question is though; could this have been prevented? If so, why wasn’t it? What made this possible now and was it possible 15 years ago?

3 Likes

There was no laying 15 years ago.

11 Likes

You better punish the streamers

35 Likes

Are you sure it’s related to layering? Layering shouldn’t be in dungeons now either…

FAIL! That’s not a solution as damage is already DONE!!! and we all know how many thousands of exploiters will get away :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yep, you don’t have balls to ban streamers.

34 Likes

If you ban them, they will create a new account and still play, so you are good. Please ban whoever abused the bug. If you don’t ban them then I will abuse every bug I found cuz why not? No punishment will be made right?

17 Likes

Notice how this blue post only has 3 likes :joy:

Swapping layers to respawn dungeons and raid bosses… omfg this is bad.

I wonder how many lotuses have been gathered thanks to layers hopping.

This is so bad, I can’t even

11 Likes

Just seen TIPS video about this.

I share his concerns and his views.

I don’t blame you blizzard for this, as TIPS says, things can get missed in development.

Just glad you are correcting it.

Video for those of you that haven’t seen it.

8 Likes

Banning people wont be enough.
It allready completly messed up the “vanilla experiance”.
Theese different layer exploits have effected most aspects of the game, all from leveling up to the amount of loot people have, it ruined world economys and proffesions, made all the world first basicly an exploit competition and it affected the game so much more then blizzard saying it did.
This is so unpure and filthy, this is not vanilla and not to the way classic should be in my opinion.
Fine if you dont wanna wipe all servers, let the people keep playing on them.
But I am for sure unsubbing and waiting for fresh servers to come out that can deliver the core fundamentals and features this game should consist of.
Theese exploits maybe could have been avoided if you had beta tested the game properly instead of using the beta as a marketing tool.
You said you had this new cool system called layering and that you could basicly tune it how you wanted, well it tuned me out of the game.
Even most private servers were better then this.

38 Likes

I kind of totally agree, what we are playing now feels miles and miles off the mark compared with OG experience.

And yes, private servers were better. I just wish LH didn’t shut down :frowning:

11 Likes

Explain how it has ruined the economy. Your post is full of exaggeration and hyperbole. Standard for a wow forum poster. Outrage mode 24/7.

4 Likes

Wonder if ANYTHING gonna happen this time… i mean for the punishment…

Some server economies beyond redemption i guess…

4 Likes