Please don't put phase 2 to early

It doesn’t really matter how many realms are in queue but rather how bad the worst ones are. Blizzard isn’t going to treat the realms differently so even one being difficult to turn layering off for will delay all of them.

You maybe right but it sounds like a guess to me, or do you have something to compare to when it comes to how activity drops? Because we shouldn’t expect it to be linear without justifying that.

I think they will never do that. this game has lags at 40vs40 fights just like on retail wow. Well this is the same game engine. What was to be expected. Private servers make it easy to fight without lag with a lot more players than wow classic.

@Trajan: Actually, if there is exactly one problem (EU) realm (or just two or three), Blizzard will have an easy time axing the CCU cap and keeping FCMs out open for that / those realms. Then people will face a difficult, but simple question: Do I transfer or accept the need to queue still? I assume you are aware that some of the smaller realms are already effectively operating in a single layer environment, even though layering has not been turned off as of yet (as far as I know)?

True, but it does not have to be linear. If the numbers from yesterday’s queues are representative enough, we are now talking about less than 11 000 players total across entire EU. Also, given the existence of FCMs, activity could drop by ZERO, if it just reallocated itself… I do have to admit that there is the caveat of the fact that on the retail side at least, Thursday’s prime time does not represent the weekly maximum. So actual value of “excess” is probably still a little bit higher than the mentioned 11 000.

Additionally, most people do not get too upset, if there is a queue of couple of hundred or so. We probably do not have an optimum case, but it is possible that actual total number is already below 10 000, if people are generally willing to tolerate some queues.

2 Likes

Wouldnt they have to wait for players numbers to drop some more so they can removing layering before phase 2? thats why we cant have it too soon.

1 Like

From some moral perspective you can say that Blizzard could turn the 2 hour queues in prime time into 10 hour queues and make it so that the queue starts to build right after morning, and then justify that by offering transfers. Problem is that transfers are barely effective even under those conditions, and they achieve next to nothing without the insane queues.

So what would probably happen is that those few big servers would have queues for many months as they slowly go down as people stop playing out of boredom and out of frustration. It’s just not a good practical approach for maintaining player engagement. But if Blizzard delays Phase 2 until there isn’t a need for launch-like queues anymore they will largely avoid the worst of it.

I mean surely you don’t believe in the tremendous power of free transfers anymore? They are nice and necessary but the real life effect of them has always been small.

Out of curiosity, when does everyone think it would be best for Phase 2 to start? :thinking:

As a reminder Phase 2 will include Dire Maul, Azuregos, Kazzak and the PvP Honor System.

52 Likes

Honestly, it’s tough to say. The real reason why we should still wait for a long time is because the vast majority of people are still between lvl 30-50, and it would suck to feel like you need to rush not to feel behind

Imo phase 2 shouldn’t happen before 2 months down the road: world pvp will be everywhere at that point, and those who are not at least lvl 50 will really suffer from it

1 Like

Id say phase 2 at the start in december

9 Likes

You forgot to include the removal of layering.

18 Likes

Realistically I’d say either December or January (or even March…) but that’s my personal opinion.

As someone else has said (and I am sure you have the data) most are level 30-50 as they do not have the time to play all day, every day. It is not their fault if there’s already lvl 60’s who’re bored waiting for the next phase - and besides, they can always work on important alts and professions, preparation for the honor system, etc.

12 Likes

When the majority of “active” players are level 60.

p.s. Do not include DKs, they ruin grouping in wPvP, with little benefit to questers.

2 Likes

From a selfish perspective I need more time to hit 60 and farm some gear, given that I’m a slow leveller, Late December / 1st 2 weeks in January …

I guess though the people who have cleared MC / Onny and have them on farm would disagree.

3 Likes

Late January maybe February
(if you want reason… more time to fully experience true classic feeling)

6 Likes

Soon. The average level player should be below 60 and should be farmed.

2 Likes

This question is actually the one that is to be considered when there is a census. As long as there is no reliable information on server population, faction balance one should not consider rushing it.

While there might be players who want to have that content up asap, the crowd i’ve met while playing is still underleveled, undergeared and will sure stay that way well into the christmas holidays.

3 Likes

At least 6 months give the casuals time to catch up.

Don’t force people to rush.

23 Likes

I’m hoping its delayed as much as possible ive only just hit 38! Wish i had more time to play! (Dad problems)

6 Likes

I don’t care when it’s released, all I care about is that future PVE content is TUNED CORRECTLY so it can’t be facerolled by level 55s in greens.

4 Likes

Look at all you selfish people. How are we going to rank up if we cant farm you all? :wink:

if we go by EU-timeline right now if we go by US-timeline around January with the OG time frame in mind.

as for that is best? if you wish for most people to experiance MC running without dire maul January would be a good time frame as people have been a lot faster leveling this time around. if you want it a bit more exlusive November