9.2 - Info Dump Waiting Room

Now that 9.1.5 has a release date… is it possible we could actually get our first look at 9.2 on the first weekend of November, which is when BlizzCon would have taken place?

November 5-7, that is.

My wishlist

• Resolution of Sylvanas’ storyline. Gone forever more or less.
  • Arthas.
  • Class tier sets inspired by Warcraft 3 characters (Uther, Arthas, Jaina, Sylvanas, etc.).
  • New allied races.
  • New character customization.
  • New raid and dungeons.
  • Strong hints about the next expansion, so we can begin to speculate about future lore again.
  • An endgame zone not set within the Shadowlands. So sick of that aesthetic.
4 Likes

Oh yeah the very unexpected and original sylvanas salvation and repentance.

Gotta admit I’m not looking forward that one.

Plz no. Just… No. We’ve been through this series of “in case of emergency break glass” situations for months now. Let’s just let Arthas in W3/Wotlk and find some colorful laser to defeat the jailer in a typical WoW boss death fashion.

Well… We’ll have tier sets that’s confirmed. Or at least promised. But W3 inspired is unlikely.

Souls are dead people, they can’t follow us back to Azeroth. That said AR from older expansions could make sense… Somewhat. Need to rework the reason why they are joining us, the war being over and all that.

Well after saying in 9.0 that there wouldn’t be anymore of it and yet seeing how they added some in 9.1.5 I’d say that’s definitely within the realm of possibility. 9.2.5 perhaps tho.

That’s a given at this point. Sylvanas’s recent story basically started in Legion which itself was directly introduced in WoD.

I place my bets on the fanatical light invading Azeroth from AU draenor as introduced in the Mag’har AR recruitment campaign

Well it’s likely we’ll get an open world zone of the “something something of knowledge” where the jailer went to after SoD’s ending.

The theme should be the ruins (or perhaps still fully functional buildings) left behind by the first ones so similar in art style to oribos. So not the “hell on earth” style of the law but still a SL theme.

I would really like a Nathanos playable race for Horde. But the most likely would be a lightforged undead if there would be a new undead race. If lightforged undead will be a playable race I hope it’s horde and that you have a human form.

Highly unlikely. I doubt we will get a preview this year at all, as Legion Timewalking starts in December.

9.2 need to be a patch of redemption - for Blizzard that is. It needs to have a raid concluding the Shadowlands storyline, and some content for us to do while they move their focus over on revamping Azeroth for 10.0.

I would rather see 10.0 in November 2022 than 9.3 in August.

Why would Timewalking impact the news cycle?

arthas is dead. like double-dead.
super-dead.

pandaren heritage armor.

2 Likes

So they can use it as an excuse not to give any info on 9.2, but small preview is maybe possible before end of year, with PTR starting early next year.

If we get new allied races it should be forest trolls and Ogres for the Horde and something like Jinyu and Earthen for the Alliance IDK.

how many times did kael’thas come back just to yell its merely a setback or some other nonsense?

nothing will stop blizzard from resurrecting someone.

kael’thas super-lich powers give him the ability to die only in certain ways. which is why we have to go into his heart or whatever it is to kill him.

EDIT:
ah lol mistaken kael’thas HAHA.
kael’thas is coming back because he is an elf. blizzard LOVE their elves.

1 Like

Vigorous nodding.

Hopefully Void Elf, Mag’har Orc, DI Dwarf customization this round. Leaving other left ARs for 9.2.5. I want all at once, but I doubt. I wonder why hasn’t there been another heritage armor questline for 9.1.5.

And I hope for Shadowform past options at Barbershop

• Heritage Armor Sets
  • New M+ Dungeon
  • Lots of nice Transmog and Mounts to Collect
  • Ardenweald needs some more Souls to survive… lets kill off the Gnomes, that’ll help… oops Souls are still going to the Maw… damn!
  • Dance Studios

The Jailer discovers that the greatest source of anima isn’t from torturing souls, but the laughter of children, and he then becomes a benevolent ruler who sends clownish mawsworn to visit children at night and entertain them, then harvest the anima

2 Likes

Just give undead skin care products and you got the nathanos look.

2 Likes

Is it really though

Lore-wise the war can kinda be explained as “it’s all big bad sylvanas’s fault we dindu nuffin”

So yeah, large scale conflict between factions should be over.

this. please please… let arthas alone.

Question: If you fire 20 developers that were essential to the game engine, but came always drunk to work. How many months of teaching do you need for the new fresh students joining the team and how long will the dev time of new patches be extended?