95% reduction in XP-gain for everyone in party with someone that uses EXP-Lock

Does it matter?

In a couple of months, after we’ve all got flying and the low-hanging fruit from 8.2, we’ll all have more choice.

Choose one, choose the other, choose any mix. However you slice it, that’s not worse than today. :slight_smile:

That might work on Russian and German realms where they have their own queues, all other realms that are mixed are much less likely to hit the exact same time.

Imagine you wait for 10 minutes, then your queue pops, you ask your booster, he says no, so you decline and wait for another 10 minutes, then maybe you get the queue at around same time, enter the dungeon but the booster is not there, so you either do it the normal way or leave and wait with 30 minute deserter… I mean, I know that people who buy these boosts are a special kind of lazy, but I can’t imagine them going through this. :smile:

Were you whining like this back in vanilla when they introduced the raid XP penalty so people wouldn’t just form a zone wide raids to do plow through everything and get ez XP? Because after all, it did kill a part of player interaction and thus community… :smirk:

Already tested it. It works flawlessly.

Queue pops are near-instant as tank/healer.

Ah so everyone that disagrees with you is immediately “whining” huh? How mature.

No, because that never was an active method to boost people.

It’s because you immediately start with the “muh community”. :smile:

Also I highly doubt you will get to snipe the queues as precisely in prime time (and let’s not forget the game is quite dead atm, imagine what’s it gonna be like next week after the patch), maybe if the boosted character is able to queue as a healer, otherwise the tank will get put in the group with randoms who were waiting already.

Deal with it, FH boosters are over :kissing_smiling_eyes:

I don’t see the issue with people wanting to get to 120 fast. How many new players are gonna have the gold supply to get boosted to 120? Sure they could buy some tokens but there’s no way Blizzard would want that taken away.

I’ve never understood why they punish players for making quicker methods in possibly one of the worst MMO’s for levelling.

If you enjoy the questing etc like myself then it’s not that bad but I can definitely see why people want to blast through zones.

This is going to cause havoc if they don’t retune the deserter buff, what are you supposed to do? Be punished because you got bunched in with a twink when you had no control?

Man it’s like they want the game to do a nose dive at this point.

1 Like

yeah like 3% of player base​:joy::joy:

I already solo FH with my pally at 120,xp ain’t that bad so FH boost is not over. It’ll take a few week long break for some of the twinks who lack gear to solo it but after that Blizz will have to come up with something else that actually do hurt everyone at 120 in normal dungeons :slight_smile:
IF that happens people who cried about twinks boosting can only blame themselves

Because it’s literally the CORE of MMORPGs? Hellooo??

which just means the tank will decline and requeue. if anything this is going to make the declines during role check worse.

Freehold perhaps but there’s a dozen other ways to boost people. that’s my point.

Yeah, the DHs is what I meant, max level boosting has been a thing ever since (or much-higher-level, if someone wants to nit pick), so… Not that it isn’t off limit should Blizz decided they don’t like that, but still - max level is max level, not some lowbie twink that outperforms the max levels :smile:

Schemes to make money by “abusing” certain mechanics? Yeah I guess… But don’t be surprised when there are “adjustments” :smirk:

->Crafts gear to sell on the AH.
->“You’re scheming and abusing the system to make money!”

->Farms mobs that spawn semi-quickly to farm x-mog items.

->Farms BoE mounts to sell to other players because your char is strong enough to do so.

…These things are literally the exact same as killing mobs in dungeons in a reasonable time for money aka boosting people in dungeons.

Do you see how stupid you sound now?

There is literally nothing that is being abused while boosting Freehold. Okay, some of the boosters used haste stacking with the proper gear but even that isn’t an exploit, it was clever use of game mechanics hence not against any rule.
Level boosting isn’t against any rule either.
But reading what you wrote I realized you know about current twinking as much as the random forum poster trolls who come here daily to spread their bullsh1t about how dh twinks are a plague that needs to be cleansed off this world! Nothing.
I’ll break it down for you:
1.- if you like leveling with questing or doing random dungeons/bgs do it. It is your way to enjoy leveling as much as you can, we respect that! Sadly it’s not vica-versa.
2.- if you don’t like trade chat spam hell mate lot of the boosters didn’t like it either but the way to fix this is not to fk up freehold boosting but to ask blizzard to ban spamming from global channels, now that FH boosting is “over” something else will take it’s place and in weeks you’ll see that spammed on trade. Did you earn what you wanted? No.
Did you ruin other people’s fun with your precious opinion? Yes. Thank you for it…
3.- If you’re just envy about people being able to make easy money with this method I can tell you all the little secrets I know about it and even go help you get some gear on your character, you’ll like it.
I can’t understand people who say that the era of level boosting was bad and how happy they are that it’s over. I really tried to see it through their eyes but there’s nothing.
Some random players are having fun in a strange way. WHY REMOVE IT?
Give us a good reason to understand you, other than the usual “traed chet waz ful of u spammin”.
I’ll say again: I didn’t like spamming either, totally understand that point but it’s not enough in my eye to fk up twink level boosting.

What’s the difference?
A player with proper gear farms mobs to help others level up.
Obviously the game was not meant to be played this way but as I said above there’s no rule that says we can’t do that.

3 Likes

That’s easy, it’s either hypocrisy, jealousy or both.

1 Like

It is not being removed you just cant do it and at the same time being OP AF unless you are max level with gear.
And if you think this means level boosting is being removed you must be new to the game as level boosting have happened in the game from vanilla it mostly was done with a max level raid geared char however.

I prefer this way over them just cutting out the tier set (would not be the first time they have) and make legendaries not work in dungeons or something stupid like that.

This is not Twink level boosting this is just play DH have OP tier 2set bonus and lock level so you do not have diminishing returns.
If dungeons did not scale with level like they do you would use a 120 for this boosting and be faster.

We might actually start to see 120 boosting happening instead of this now.
And ironically that require more skill then the play dh with the set bonus and lock xp with legendaries.

1 Like

Okay – why not? Is progression not a thing outside of max lv? hmm…

Nah there’s better ways.

1 Like

Now you’re just running on empty :smile:

What is your post even about? :joy:

You make it sound like twinking the :poop: out of a certain spec, locking XP and then running scaled dungeons is some secret knowledge :smile:

This is the most idiotic argument right there.

Okay, I’m confused.
What is twinking then? :thinking:

I said the same thing above multiple times.

tried to speak your language :slight_smile:

1 Like

You Are Aware That You Will Still Be Able To Twink A character right? this does NOT remove this option all it does is make it so you can not use that character to boost other people if you lock that chars xp.
It does literally NOTHING nada 0 zero for anyone else who wants a twink for bgs or duels.
Or any other activity other than boosting other people.

Do you really not understand that your comment is worthless? it is not progression to be able to boost another char for gold.
So what the heck are you even talking about?

What are those ways?

Twink (WoW) - A low-level character made more powerful by higher-level characters, usually through gifts of armor and weapons that the character would not normally have at such low level. Also used as a verb to describe the act of giving low-level characters powerful items uncommon at their level.

It has nothing to do with boosting someone else.

If you did i am sorry i did not see that. We are on the same page about that then.

1 Like

No1 said twinking=boosting.

? ? ? ?

On what ??

You don’t get it. You’re essentially punishing us for being stronger.

Bgs and Skirmish arenas are already gone. They don’t pop for EXP-locked characters.

Lmao you’re hilarious.

Like I said, you don’t get it. I could take another four hours to explain it to you but I doubt it’ll get us anywhere.

I’m not one to kiss and tell. Tricks of the Trade and all.

Someone did as they seem to think that not being able to boost levels to someone means that twinking is not possible anymore.
something that is simply not true.

???
Ok you have problems.

No all removing it does is taking away the million gold a week you get.
(or more)
Your warrior is still going to be here when they do this it does not magically disappear when they do this.

Your argument for them not to do this is simply because it removes twinking and that is not the case it still will be here.
So your argument is one giant flaw.

1 Like