[A-Event] Byltan - Kaldorei Spring Festival 🌸

Spring is in the air and we gather to celebrate all that lives and breathes. Byltan is a celebration of love, life and fertility and during this night we pay special homage to love in all its forms, be it between lovers, family or friends. Byltan is also a time where we honour the Soul of the Forest, Aessina, and the awakening of the wilds.

Date: 24th of April, 2022
Time: 19:30
Faction: Alliance
Music: Byltan Playlist

Opening Ceremony

The festival will open with a short speech to welcome all attendees and to give a brief rundown of the night’s events.

Spring Market

We invite traders from near and far to set up their stalls at Byltan and peddle their wares. Byltan is a celebration of relationships, and as such we would like to honour the relationship between trader and customer during this festive market. Bring your best wares and prepare to trade!

Kinship Bracers

The kaldorei have a tradition of sharing kinship bracers with their friends and loved ones. These bracers are given as a sign of friendship, devotion, love or courtship. Perhaps you want to gift one to that special someone because you want to prove your love and devotion, offer a kinship in blood, have a special connection or even just want to treasure a very special friendship? Regardless of the thought behind it, these bracers will symbolize the bond that has been forged between the individuals. During the festival a workshop will be held for those who wish to learn how to make kinship bracers. The effort put in and the thought behind the gift is what gives it its true value.

Theatrical Play

Festival-goers at Byltan have come to expect the festival to feature a play of some sort and this year is no different. This year’s play will be the story of the White Lady and the Blue Child. The story may be familiar to many already, but we hope that this retelling will show the loving relationship between mother and child and bring joy to those who watch it.

Open Dance Floor

Making merry is the command during Byltan, and what could be more merry than dancing? The festival will host an open dancefloor where everyone can show off their moves and dance all night long! Do you play an instrument? Excellent! We invite you to join in the band and provide a passionate musical experience for the festival attendees and dancers alike!

Closing Ritual

We will close this year’s festival by performing a ritual dedicated to Aessina, the Mother of Wisps and the Soul of the Forest.

OOC Details:

Schedule:
19:30 Opening Ceremony
19:45 Market/Kinship Bracer Workshop
20:30 Play
21:00 Market/Kinship Bracer Workshop/Open Dance Floor
22:30 Closing Ritual

Festival Map

Calling all stallholders and merchants!

We are looking for people willing to host a stall of some kind during the festival, in order to create a living marketplace! Please reach out to the event organizer if you’re interested in having your stall feature at the market!

Discord: Tinwëtar#2106
In-game: Tínwëtar

• Byltan is a kaldorei themed celebration of spring, but it is open to any member of the Alliance who’d like to participate.

• Spring themed clothing is not mandatory, but it is encouraged. Soft pastels and greens are perfect for this holiday.

• We kindly ask all attendees to refrain from using dark magics, such as fel and void, during this festival, as we feel it goes against the theme of life.

• We also ask you to, please, keep in mind that this is supposed to be a festive occasion and refrain from disrupting it with attempted robberies, summoning of demons, invasions of orcs or similar things. Such things have their time and place, and can be great fun, but we feel that they do not belong during this joyous celebration of life.

27 Likes

Well this seems fun. We sure need more cultural events.

3 Likes

It is our hope that it will be! It is fun to host events like these that have a very specific cultural flavour. I hope that the people attending will enjoy it and perhaps it’ll spark further RP down the line. ^^

It seems like fun. I attended last year’s Spring Festival which is in Val’sharrah i beleive.

1 Like

Yes, we held the festival in Val’sharah last year, indeed. ^^ But we figured we’d switch it up a bit this time. Hopefully there won’t be any phasing issues around the shrine. :slight_smile:

I am looking forwards to this, I really enjoyed the previous one last year. Got me right back in the mood for the Kaldorei festivals

2 Likes

Happy to hear that, Arlièn! I hope you will enjoy this year’s festival too. ^^

I’l do my best to come by on one of my many Night Elves(probably Mori, though!)

Although I can’t guarentee it with my schedule!:pensive::skull:

1 Like

We’ll keep our fingers crossed that you’ll be able to make it! :smiley:

1 Like

I missed last year but I’d love to attend this one, looking forward. I’ll add it to my calendar.

1 Like

Wow I really like that banner!

1 Like

looking forward to this!

1 Like

I’m not going to pronnounce that with my belgian accent but this is one of the gems of the community events <3

1 Like

Byltan is nearing at a rapid pace, and this time around, we will be looking to welcome more stallholders to peddle their wares and goods in our spring market! Do you wish to host a stand that could fit the theme of the season? Don’t hesitate to get in touch, or write in the thread. We hope to get a lively and exciting market for all to visit and enjoy for the night! :cherry_blossom: :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

Byltan is happening in just a few days! We’re hard at work finishing up the last details and preparations for the festival. The thread has been updated with a festival map, showing roughly where the different things will take place. I will also post the map below, so no one misses it.

In time, the main thread will also be updated with a watch2gether link for the festival playlist, with both ambient music and music for the dance floor.

Festival Map

3 Likes

Morning everyone! Raven’s Riches will be around to trade their goods!
We won’t sell any of our poisons and dark magic goods there but all the rest is in stock - including Pandaren Calligraphy Scroll and Jade “Serpent Egg”.
See the starting message in our thread for more information and looking forward to meeting you all!

2 Likes

Tomorrow is the night! We really look forward to welcoming revellers of spring to Ashenvale in a merry fashion! Hope to see many there! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

One of the greatest festivals I was on! I really hope it will be as good as the one which was last year!

1 Like

Byltan is happening tonight! We will start the evening off with a welcome speech at 19:30 ST! We have a playlist with music for tonight, which we will start at the same time as the speech. You can find it in the main post, or here: Byltan Playlist.

1 Like

My body is ready

1 Like