A fix for griefing and world buff meta

Add a cooldown to dispell for 3 seconds after you ress, simples. The only part of the griefing meta that really is griefing is the waiting as a corpse because people cant defend themselves. This would force the naughty bois to get more creative with their shenanigans, more fun for everyone.

World buffs are so obvious i cant believe blizzard are trying auto drops in china, just have the Onyxia/ZG questline give you an item with a 24hr CD that gives the buff. The Dire Maul tribute buffs could come from a set of Ogre Kingey items they give you (Crown, scepter ect) all with a 24hr CD aswell or have an NPC somewhere outside.

These two changes would make classic a lot less annoying and a lot more fun imo.

1 Like

When someone in game can ruin your day without suffering the consequences, imho it means something is wrong. Even though i personally don’t care about WB and would love to see them gone , objectively i agree that in this context, some rules about them should be changed.

1 Like

Isn’t them dying a consequence?

It’s a buff, it’s not vital to the game.

7 Likes

As far as i know, you can dispel high level player with low level priest(maybe i’m wrong), if that is a true, what is consequence for lowbie?

Edit: Never tried to do that on this character

They die on purpose so they can sit as a ghost in places you port to like the mage tower in SW so they can res and dispell someone’s buffs as they spawn before being killed and doing it again. They sit there all day as a ghost doing this, you cant really defend yourself in time so its a kind of lame PvP meta of griefing.

Weather or not buffs are vital is a matter of opinion, we all play for different reasons and i play to try and push my parses in raids. Lots of people feel trapped by the way world buffs work and are forced to raid log for days, just because that is not a problem for you does not mean its not a problem for many people.

1 Like

well, you want to make a problem out of it. Why would you even try and push parses?
Lots of people feel trapped? Stop trapping yourself xD

Poor “fix” that penalizes a whole class just because your mad about ur buffs getting dispelled what’s next a rogue cannot stealth when resurrected

Yes, you can.

If your day is ruined by losing a buff, you’ve got bigger problems than getting dispelled.

Plenty of ways to work around and avoid getting dispelled, yet people still choose the worst option - complaining and demanding changes on forums.

4 Likes

all day.
yeesh.

Or you can just reroll to a PvE server.
If you can’t handle other players potentially ruining your day then you shouldn’t have chosen a PvP server.

4 Likes

Who said i cant handle it, its a controversy and i propose a solution. And i dont see how it penalizes a whole class because dispell has a 3sec CD on ress, thats being somewhat dramatic don’t you think?

Its very narrow minded of some of you to think that just because pushing your performance in raids is not important to you then everyone who likes that part of the game is somehow wrong or playing incorrectly. And i play on a PvP server because i like PvP and enjoy a lot of the “Griefing meta” but it has become very toxic mainly because of the ghost camping stuff which cannot be defended against. That is my only problem with all of this.

Corpse walking from Razor Hill :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, so many people do it xD.
Like that shaman that camps Stormwind Inn dead all day lmao.
You’re on my realm, so you’d probably know his name :stuck_out_tongue:

There are several in game solutions to your problem already. PVE servers has been mentioned. Not entering dispel hotspots with pvp enabled is another. Not getting dispellable world buffs is by far the most efficient solution.

How will having auto buffs for non dispellable buffs solve your problem?

1 Like

Ahh the sperg of spergs, Don Papa himself. My guild has his alliance equivalent Harrisonsolo but even he got bored eventually. It boggles the mind these people are still spending there days as ghosts in SW inn waiting for people to port home from DMT or SF. Its a level spergery thats awe inspiring.

People wait the the locations you HS or get ported by mages to as ghosts then when they see someone with something disspellable they res, dispell, get killed then wait for the next person. Its not really PvP as you cannot defend against someone ressing with a dispell macro as you port, this specifically is the only bit i think is a problem.

As for my suggestion about making the Ony quest a useable item thats not really about dispelling just that the preassure to perform has made the world buff meta kind of toxic. People that dont want to competitively raid my scoff but some of us enjoy it and the way world buffs are collected encourages days of raid logging and not playing the game. This is enough of a problem Blizz are trying out fixes in China but i think my suggestion is much better.

There are alliance players waiting at Stonetalone Mountains and Thousand Needles innkeepers 24/7? That’s some next level boredom right there.

It appears it gives them entertainment XD.
As they’re there pretty much all day however, you can tell that they don’t have anything else to do lol.

Ofc it penalizes the class imagine if for example your an enhancement shaman ur fighting an elite mob and u get jumped by a shadow priest and die.

The priest now waiting to spawn camp you so soon as you Rez your already at a disadvantage with hp and mana but with Mr I need the game changed to suit me “fix” now you cannot purge the pw sheild because you now have a 3 second cd in classic you can do alot in that time frame with how bursty PvP is now the poor shaman got wrecked by your changes since his WF proc cannot break the bubble and he cannot purge it off in time. That’s just one example there are probably alot more.

A Better change would be soon as u zone into a raid or dungeon your world buffs are auto removed since you are not out in the world but in an instance you cannot use world buffs there you go a 10x better “fix” than yours

1 Like

pvp happened on a pvp server. by design you weren’t meant to steamroll instances with worldbuffs and dm buffs, and by design a player can dispell your buffs ANY TIME THEY FEEL LIKE IT.

stop whining

4 Likes