[A-RP] Ashenvale Autumn - Community Initiative 14/9 - 29/9 2024

It's that time of year again; it's time for Ashenvale Autumn! This year, Ashenvale Autumn will be hosted between the 14th and the 29th of September, so prepare yourselves for two weeks of fun and adventure in and around Astranaar and Ashenvale. This year we'll be doing things a bit differently, and start the initiative off by celebrating Illuridei together. Ashenvale Autumn is also a bit shorter this year, seeing as The War Within will have just dropped. Regardless, we hope that we'll see plenty of community driven and player created events during these two weeks!

Below is the official schedule. All dates not already written up on the schedule are free and anyone can host an event on those dates. Just let us know if you wish for us to add it to the official schedule!

14/9 - Illuridei - The Watcher’s Flame (Hosted by the Nightblade Sentinels)
15/9 -
16/9 -
17/9 - Rock 'N Roll, Border Patrol (Hosted by Lyrablue)
18/9 -
19/9 - Blessings of the Blades (Hosted by Ialluen)
20/9 - Highborne Gathering (Hosted by Idalia)
21/9 - Sparring Contest (Hosted by Kathene)
22/9 - Archery Contest (Hosted by Naeyas)
23/9 - I like my furbolgs sunny side up! (Hosted by Lyrablue)
24/9 -
25/9 -
26/9 - Pilgrimage (Hosted by Ialluen)
27/9 -
28/9 - Astranaar Village Hours (Hosted by Seredwen)
29/9 - 11:th Crescent Conclave (Hosted by Ialluen)

What is Ashenvale Autumn?

From the 14th until the 29th of September the Nightblades will host Ashenvale Autumn, an initiative meant to bring the Kalimdor community together for two weeks of fun and socialization in Ashenvale. Like Sentinel September and Ashenvale Autumn of previous years, it will feature a mixture of casual and semi-casual events for everyone currently in Ashenvale to partake in. The Nightblades will host two organized events per week, and we wholeheartedly welcome and encourage people from around the community to host events of their own during Ashenvale Autumn as well.

Who can participate?

Everyone! Or, well, specifically all Alliance characters. This is an initiative for the blue side (sorry, Horde).

What is considered an event?

Anything you can think of! It can be big or small, anything from a fully DMed combat event, to a storytelling night, to a pilgrimage to a shrine, to an open lecture on a specific subject, to a merchant coming to Astranaar to peddle their wares. Anything that fits the theme and the setting really.

Who can host events?

Anyone who wants to! As mentioned above, the Nightblades will be hosting events twice a week, but aside from that it is a free-for-all! If you want to host an event and have it put onto the official schedule, don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll see it done. We welcome events created by other members of the community, in fact. The more, the merrier!

I want to host an event, what do I do?

First of all, that’s awesome! Secondly, either you write in this thread directly to let us know about your event and we’ll post it on the schedule, or you can contact us in game/via discord to let us know about the event as well. We will continuously make posts in the thread to promote the events on the schedule.

I want to participate in an event, do I need to sign up?

For the events hosted by the Nightblades, no. Events that are more casual in nature, such as ceremonies, lectures, pilgrimages and similar will be open to everyone. DMed events may, however, have a limited number of participants (due to DM capabilities) and as such they will be filled on a first come, first served basis. So, no signup required, but if you want a spot in an event it may be a good idea to be there on time.

When and where do events start?

All events will begin at 20:00 in Astranaar, unless something else is specified in the schedule.

How are events played?

Ashenvale Autumn has a whole lot of different events. Some might be of a casual nature, others might be more organised or having elements of combat or the like. In case of an event having a roll system, it will be explained in the raid group at the start of the event. If you have never played with roll systems before, not to worry! You will learn in the process!

Contact for adding events to the schedule
Write in this thread or contact Tinwetar (discord), Tínwëtar/Tinwëtar (in-game)

Contacts for specific events
See the schedule above. All events have their organizer listed.

18 Likes

Oh-Hoh-Ho-HOH! Time for a bit of wildfire!?!? :fire::sparkles:

No but looks mint! Hope I got time to attend!!:beers:

2 Likes

I hope so too! Looking forward to seeing you there in that case. ^^

3 Likes

Will absolutely try to attend, though I might have to be on an alternate character or merchant! I’ll give it a think. 🩵

4 Likes

Ashenvale Autumn is getting closer and the schedule is starting to fill up a bit more. This is awesome to see and we hope everyone will have lots of fun with these events. There are still free spots on the calendar though, so if you’d like to host an event yourself please reach out! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this, never enough kaldorei themed events. :crescent_moon: :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Will definitely try not to cause trouble! :open_mouth:

Could I host a Marksmanship Contest on the 22nd? It would be nice and simple - three targets to hit and the following roll system:

• Nat 1: Outer Ring (0 Points)
  • 2-9: Middle Ring (1 Point)
  • 10-19: Inner Ring (2 Points)
  • Nat 20: Bullseye! (3 Points)

Of course! I have added it to the schedule! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today is the day!! Ashenvale Autumn starts tonight, and will be continuing for 2 weeks with all kinds of events and initiatives in Ashenvale. Tonight opens with the celebration of Illuridei to celebrate the turning of the seasons.

We hope to see many drop by Ashenvale and Astranaar in the coming weeks, for both casual and organised RP! Well met! :leaves:

3 Likes

Ashenvale Autumn has now officially begun! Illuridei last night was amazing, and I’m so happy that so many of you came and celebrated together with us!

Next up is a border patrol event hosted by Lyrablue on the 17th!

2 Likes

Tonight Lyrablue will be hosting a border patrol event! Some more information:

Time: 20:00

There have been sightings of Horde groups amassing near Stardust Spire, building more Shredders and explosives with a firm suspicion they are amassing to aid Silverwind Refuge and supply the outpost to once again push forth their logging operations in the surrounding areas. There has been no further sightings of the Horde group and the Sentinels are urging all to be on the lookout.

Sign ups start at 20:00 outside Astranaar inn, with the event starting at 20:30 to give time for latecomers.

1 Like