[A-RP] Bayerleyn Retinue - Green and Gold, Ever Bold!

It has had attention in media outside of WoW. An article on the website Motherboard which I probably can’t link because it has the R-word in it.

If you lot actually gave that much a damn you’d be in GS reporting and screenshotting and trying to make the place a useable space for normal RP again. THAT would be worthy of actual praise.

I have already made a ticket on this subject, and am closely watching as it is investigated.

Honestly, though, this rings of the same stale argument as “You can’t care about poverty unless you spent 100% of your awake life campaigning and working for charity” - nobody expects an incredible investment of time to be ‘allowed’ to speak out against toxic conduct, or in favour of good conduct, in any other context.

I will keep doing what I am doing - reporting such conduct wherever I am able to, and ensuring that (in this example) people are aware of exactly the kind of guild and conduct to expect when they see them. When other guilds lock in sexual content to their concept in such a manner, you can trust that I will speak out there as well.

It is the responsibility of everyone to help ensure that a story like Angua’s never happens again, and given the lax attitude of Blizzard in moderating themselves the only option we have is to call out bad actors and hope the tickets we write are seen and responded to.

10 Likes

Sorry for liking fun.

Also, seeing as you’re a bit slow from the looks of it, I’ll repeat why I am interested in Bayerleyn and I’m not interested in Goldshire.

So only some ERP, i.e. the kind you can easily scream about and point fingers about, is bad?
Right, got it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Though I am sorry to see some of the experiences some of you have had that have nothing to do with Shonn or this guild, I would appreciate it if you would discuss any other of these experiences elsewhere and also the topic of Goldshire, again something that has no part of our rp.

And to Dreadbore, I too await the outcome of your ticket.

Damn, posted on Karienn, apologies, this is Kenina.

4 Likes

You seem very intellectually dishonest.

No, I just don’t want people advertising their gross habits on the forum. I’d react the same way to people going on about it in yells, general chat, trade chat, etc.

1 Like

Ah, so I disagree with your basic premise, and the namecalling starts? Nice.

Goldshire is an Alliance starter area. For some people that is their very first exposure to the game and, more importantly, to RP.
The majority of WoW players never even touch the forums, so would miss your ‘warnings’ with ease.

Noting ‘intellectually dishonest’ about it, just not willing to let it go when people get noisy about one type of nasty and yet not another flavour (but just as disgusting) nasty. It’s hypocritical, and I hate it on principle.

1 Like

What namecalling? I’m not saying it with certainty, it’s just the way you come across. This unnecessarily extreme response to it only really works to affirm my belief in that regard.

Anyway, as stated before, you seem slow. Goldshire is a containment zone, and knows that it has to be that. They stay out of general, they stay out of /say and /yell, they stay out of trade. They keep it all in whispers and TRPs. Or mostly, anyway.

I have no issue with ERP (as long as people at least try to check the age of their ‘partners’), I have an issue with people advertising their ERP.

You’re trying to say I’m arguing a different point than the one that I keep repeating.

4 Likes

I feel ceremonially unclean just reading that.

2 Likes

Were you playing on the Sha’tar, by any chance? Since then I know exactly who you speaking of, a dwarf starting with the same letter as my character. I’m ashamed to say that many years ago that dwarf was in my guild for exactly one day, before about 15 GL’s made me aware of his reputation. I kicked the cretin so hard that he still must have trouble sitting. Reported him multiple times, as in that one day he managed to harass several female players in my guild. I was rather disgusted I saw him running about on AD some time ago.

5 Likes

Oh, hey Gaeb! I once tried to join Lightsworn!

That is all I shall reveal, Mr Sunshine. <3

2 Likes

You disagree by saying ‘Instead of doing X1 you could do X2’

Isn’t it the same issue, aka ERP is ERP? Why does it matter if someone complains about someone ERPing in, say, Stormwind compared to someone ERPing in Goldshire?

I call fallacy.

You fall into your own rhetoric of ‘Oh, so this ERP is acceptable, but the other one isn’t?’ — So Goldshire is acceptable to rant about, but not someone/someplace else? Who concludes on what’s a personal priority on what someone can rant about? You? Me? Is there an objective priority about Goldshire vs. active community members and their relation to ERP?

Questions science cannot yet answer.

3 Likes

Because I get oh-so-very sick of all this white-knighting from certain ‘personalities’, who seemingly exist only to stroke their own over-inflated egos rather than getting on with the damn game.

Regardless, have fun. I’m out. Sadly it seems the Block button didn’t make it through the forum exodus either, so there’s that :upside_down_face:

:thinking: So strange how you didn’t really have any response to my last post :thinking:

3 Likes

this thread was better to read than any of my prime time soaps

keep it up ad posters, know ily all for your comedy gold

Be aware that it’s not really considered naming and shaming if you simply quote a post. Maybe you should do that and point out which exact personalities have said something so disagreeable as to want to ignore them? It’s good to reveal toxicity which some of us might be blind to (I actively encourage it, consequences be damned-style).

I once agreed with the ‘just get on with the game’ idealism. Sadly, I did just that. I got on with the game, and certain personalities ruined many circles for me. I’ve absolutely nothing against the Retinue & have only seen the good side of them, so this is rather off-topic, but a community works on the premises of cooperation.

Cooperation cannot exist without communication, and the ‘I’m out’ way, while easy, does not result to anyone who is guilty of being disagreeable getting punished. Because in any stable community, being bad=punishment.

Implying AD is a community, but nvm that lol

9 Likes

It’s more that stability comes at the expense of deviation, eliminating divergent behavioural patterns. It doesn’t punish bad behaviour, it internally defines what is bad for the group and attacks external threats while being reflexively resistant to the notion of internal hypocrisy. As such, bad behaviour is rewarded as long as it serves to enforce stability within the parameters of the group.

tl;dr, AD is full of horrible people doing selective outrage for likes and meme lulz. It does in no way diminish the awulness being attacked but no one comes out cleaner from rolling in the mud even if told such by peers.

3 Likes

we live in a community

Horrible people are murderers and the likes. People posting on an RP forum are, by and large, not ‘horrible people’.

1 Like