[A-RP] Bayerleyn Retinue - Green and Gold, Ever Bold!

I have other hobbies outside posting on these forums, like murder mind.

3 Likes

Sadly what you say is how certain modern (a rather ironic usage of the word, too) societies seem to operate, but do not mistake my statement as adherence to these standards. By all means, hypocrisy outside or inside whatever community should be punished as equally and harshly as many of my other posts say/have said.

Youā€™ll never prevent a group feeling oppressed or otherwise threatened, however. Look at the ā€˜cops are pigsā€™ movements that have been had in the recent years, some valid, others extremist and leading to terror and vandalism. Indeed, that same ideology carries over to AD with far less devastating results.

TL;DR? The world is full of horrible people preaching fallacy. Itā€™s nothing new, and nothing bound to AD. The issue runs deeper than a server acting clean; we seem rather incapable as a society, as edgy that might be to say. One could even say itā€™s just the way of natural morality: you fend for yourself and damn the consequences.

A community only clutching the loose definition of a collective people.

So I actually poked around their website just to see for myself. Never encountered these guys before and I have no experience even second hand to induce bias. Iā€™d heard of the guild before but never in great detail, let alone any of thisā€¦ business.

The fact that you have a whole section of rules forbidding relationships within the guild whilst also having another section going over the fact that the GM is fully entitled to ask if he can hump female characters in the guild isā€¦ odd. So normal members arenā€™t allowed relations but the GM is? In fact the GM is, apparently, allowed as MANY intimate relations as he wishes?

Disregarding whether or not that involves ERP, that is very unusual. The ā€˜no relationshipsā€™ rule I can vaguely understand, but with it co-existing with the defined rules on what to do when the ā€˜Lordā€™ flirts with you doesnā€™t paint a good image. Iā€™d just delete the entire latter section if you want to finally shed this apparent baggage that still seems to hound the guild for years.

Asking for consent IC or OOC should be a no brainer no matter the guild, itā€™s just weird that youā€™d feel the need to make specific rules about what to do if the GM wants to shag you. ERP or not that doesnā€™t make you look good, you can argue about consent, adults v kids as RPers, ERP, whatever for an eternity but that doesnā€™t make this specific set of rules any less bizarre. It just looks as though the GM wants to hog all the potential single women for himself so long as those two rules exist side by side.

Thatā€™s my 2c and my constructive feedback if you want the guild to look more appealing. Drop that ā€˜How to deal with a horny Lordā€™ paragraph, bury it, never bring it back to see the light of day. At the very least it takes away fuel from the fire, and you can work on fixing the rest of your guildā€™s apparent reputation. But so long as that rule remains it feels like it gives some validity to the claims that the GM is purposefully seeking ERP, or at the very least an IC harem if ERP isnā€™t involved, which is just as weird.

24 Likes

What is the reasoning to coming to the conclusion that (something similar to the concept of) droit du seigneur is a thing in Azeroth?

Hence the utility of pressure valves such as this thead where the accumulated frustration with what cannot be said to preserve integrity gets transformed into hyperfcused outrage at particular things, even in outrageous hypocrisy and exaggeration. AD would go doubly mad without it and either regress to a closed system blind to itself or see the influence of a select few eclipse every interaction in an eternal back and forth for dominance.

Canā€™t say I care much about the ERP in general, rather itā€™s the grooming of minors Iā€™m worried about.

I remember the screenshots that surfaced in one of the previous threads with the guild leader going after child RPā€™ers, stating very clearly how they were old enough for the lord as long as they had ā€œbledā€. Ugh.

Here you have a guild where the leader, a grown man, is actively seeking sexual satisfaction through fantasies involving underage female characters (even excusing these activities as being for ā€œhistorical accuracyā€). With this, the risk of grooming underage players seems all too real.

I reported the activities from the screenshots back then, and Blizzard said they would investigate. Still, heā€™s around - so I can understand why people choose to stand up to this guild on the public forum rather than simply keeping it to the tickets and reports.

Drama? Sure. But this thread doubles as a PSA to people who want to keep themselves and anyone they care about, away from these types of online activities.

3 Likes

The very same mentality insisting that Stormwind is a mad patchwork of feudal fiefdoms and lordly bickering beween personal armies rather than an absolute monarchy with an advisory nobility with a role no greater than that of glorified merchants, its provincial leadership delegated to elected mayors.

4 Likes

Canā€™t Read Any Of This Drama Because The New Forums Are So Uglyā€¦

4 Likes

WhY Do You Type Like This???

1 Like

Bayerleyn threads always used to reach the page limit, now weā€™ve got the page limit removed - this thread is gonna become the new pet peeves.

8 Likes

did someone say sausage

Iā€™m surprised it hasnā€™t been locked or taken down yet.

Every time Shonn is brought up there is a new story of him to hear.
Kind of amusing in itā€™s own way.

1 Like

Cerulla is that youā€¦?

1 Like

Tbh whether or not female members are required IC or OOC to sleep with Shonn, itā€™s still very telling that the guild needs an entire section of their IC/OOC rule page to detail what is proper conduct if the guild master wants to ERP with you.

2 Likes

Nobody has seemingly mentioned how depressing it is that the only reason this rule exists is for Shonnā€™s sexual gratification. Heā€™s a grown man in his 30s and it is quite telling who he is when this rule has been a subject of controversy for years and he still refuses to remove it.

Also gotta love how since 2014 Kenina still holds his testies in these threads since he refuses to properly address the flak.

14 Likes

You know what guys, we need to stop making fun of Shonn, Infact, some of us should sign up to his guild and be his friend! So here, Shonn, Iā€™d like to join your guild, Hereā€™s my Resume:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/390866485029109790/534117983950340100/unknown.png

I think youā€™ll find all youā€™ll need there. So when do I start?

8 Likes

Pretty sure thatā€™s been an obvious implication from day one to be honest.

2 Likes

Its not green, get out.