[A-RP] Hunting for... love? Join us for the Hunter's Ball!

An initiative done in collaboration between Adventurers’ Coalition and Alliance LFRP!

When: 02/03/2019 at 8 PM server time
Where: Jade Forest, Pandaria

ICly:

Summary

Lords and Ladies, friends, allies!
To celebrate this holiday of love, we would like to give you an unique opportunity to participate in a unique event to test your wit, swiftness and cunning during the hunt for your perfect dance partner!
Join us in this test of cunning to find one and perfect partner for the evening of fun, joy and mingling with strangers, friends and - who knows? perhaps your future chosen?

…will you be a fox… or a hunter?
The fox and the hunter game is a game that goes back generations in the house of Galahan. They are hosting it annually for nobles as they have done for years and years. Traditionally in the Galahan household men were hunters, fighter and soldiers while the women were the caretakers and protectors of the house. They raised the kids, kept the house running and were equal partners in trade. So for the game the roles were actually reversed, where the gentlemen were the foxes and the ladies were the hunters. A fox was represented by a foxtail and a hunter was represented by a feathered hat.
The game was very popular, especially with ladies searching for a man. This was their one time to shine and take the lead to go after the man they desired. They did need to show some initiative and skill to actually find and catch their fox though, which often made them that much more attractive for the gentlemen.
In the afternoon or early evening all the foxes would scatter and hide in the estate, and later the forest. And then the hunters would go forth to catch their pray. Once a hunter had caught a fox he then was her date for dinner, and the ball after that. Because of this, the first dance of the ball was traditionally called The Dance of the Fox and the Hunter.
Nowadays we are a bit more modern and recognize that separating men and women in these roles no longer applies. So we simply refer to them as the foxes and the hunters and anyone who wishes to enter into the game may do so as either one. The only thing we keep track of is that we have the same amount of hunters as we have foxes.
There is also a time limit on the game, if a hunter hasn’t found a fox or a fox hasn’t been found by a hunter after an hour they will go back to the starting area. All remaining foxes and hunters will be randomly paired off.
Since the ball has an open buffet these days instead of a traditional dinner, the dinner part doesn’t apply anymore. But the opening dance for the ball known as The Dance of the Fox and the Hunter is still very much a tradition to be performed after the hunt has come to an end. If there is a click with the pair they may stay together during the entire ball. Sometimes we see foxes being switched out for a second dance, but this is all done with mutual consent and respect.

OOCly - What you need to know and how to sign up:

Summary
  1. To sign up, please do join the LFRP Discord server and express your interest in the Fox Hunt channel which will be created for this special occasion!
  2. You will be given a special ‘Fox Hunt’ role, which will signify your partaking in the event. All necessary communication for the event will be followed by using the @foxhunt mention to keep you up to date!

The event is up, what do I need to do?!

1. First, we would ask you to come to the venue around 15 minutes before the event! It will allow you some IC mingling (and who knows, maybe some of you will already have an idea whom to chase afterwards?) - and for us to give you the necessary information: mostly, wether you will be the fox, or the hunter!
  2. The fox (1) and hunter (2) roles will be given out randomly, following the 1-2-1-2-1-2 sequence. The system will allow us to have an exact number of hunters and foxes!
  3. Now, you are either a fox or a hunter! Please do place the ‘fox’ or ‘hunter’ in your IC Information field accordingly to prevent any mistakes or misunderstandings during the hunt itself!
  4. Now, all Foxes will be requested to join the raid group of the Leader of the Fox group (one of the organisers). The same will be done to the Hunter Group!
  5. Hunters, after initiating your meeting with the Fox in the appropriate emotes, please request them to leave the Fox group! This way, we, as organisers will know how many stray foxes and hunters we have left! You are welcome to create your pairings by adding the other to your party - this way you won’t lose your dance partner for the first evening!
  6. By the end of the hunt (which comes after an OOC hour), all foxes and hunters are encouraged to come to the middle of the forest where they will be able to dance, eat and be merry!

Rules:

1. Keep OOC and IC separate.
  2. Keep OOC drama outside of the event grounds and IC drama to the minimum - no one likes drama queens!
  3. No ERP. It might be a festival of love but let us all behave appropriately, hm? (or at least pretend to!)
  4. The hunt is meant to be an opportunity, not a challenge - it is an opportunity for -you- to reach out and meet people, know new faces and befriend new awesome RPers! Bring the community closer - so please, come to this event with an open mind instead of assuming it will be yet another chance for you to sit through in the bubble of your friends.
  5. No cheating. Please do not ‘swap’ the fox or hunter role after it is given to you by an organiser (we will keep a track of these, mind you!) - it will take out the fun for all parties involved and create uneven numbers.
  6. Give this new RPer you have never interacted with a chance! No one wishes to be left out so let’s not make it happen. It’s meant to be fun for everyone!
  7. Please stick with the Alliance races and allied races for the eve’ - we know you really REALLY wish to RP this demonlord/Eredar/half-ghost/Illidan’s half-brother, but for some your concept might be slightly outlandish or break their immersion - and you might not receive as much interaction as you’d hope to.
  8. Don’t make this event about yourself. Stealing the spotlight, yelling or trying to hijack the event will impact everyone’s fun… so… why?

FAQ:

Summary

Q: The fox and hunter roles are given out randomly but I want to chase after my partner! If we join in, there is a chance we both end up foxes or hunters! Why are you such horrible people?!
A: Well, we do not encourage pre-created pairings as this way you do limit yourself from finding some new, exciting RP connections! And we are sure your partner will survive the lack of you for one dance… However… should you REALLY REALLY REAAAALLY wish to increase your chances at catching your one and only… you might try playing the system and… make sure to get into right order in the sequence… perhaps if you squeeze through in the line between this Gnome and Dwarf…* Just… please, don’t call us horrible people again.

• The organisators do not answer for any brawls caused by cutting in lines, bribery or stealing of feathers/tails.

Q: Can I swap my fox tail with someone else’s hunter feather?
A: Sure you can! As long as we have an equal amount of hunters and foxes we do not care!

Q: Can I use my supreme skills in telepathy (cough whispers cough) to track my chosen one…?
A: …Can you what?

Q: I’ve packed my rifle, my bear traps, my lures, and my skinning knife. Are there any other preparations I should make?
A: …You may have joined the wrong kind of hunting event.

17 Likes

The sign ups have already started and we are very excited to see this so well received! Come join us :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really, really like the idea of this event.
Best of luck and happy hunting

(Now if only we could do this on the horde side as well)

2 Likes

People are signing up, come and join ^^ Also, what’s love without some hunting?

1 Like

I got a character in Jade Forest IC at the moment… but she is an environmentalist and refuses to kill animals. :ballot_box:

Well no animals will be hurt during this event, so come join us :smiley:

If that’s the case, where are you getting those fox tails and feathered hats from?

4 Likes

From Vulpera and Aarakoa of course.

1 Like

Carry on, citizen.

2 Likes

All of the feathers and tails are of course fake and Cenarion Circle approved.
shifty eyes

3 Likes

We have powerful illusionists too so yeah, there is that. They will be on standby if any magically created fake fox tails will exhibit glitches.

So come join us, it will be great fun for everyone. :slight_smile:

Of course, signups are for an entire month as the event is at the beginning of March :wink:
The hour of the event will be presented closer to the date but do not fret, it will be at eve (most likely between 6-8 server time!)

Running, followed by dancing… will make a very active evening for the characters willing to sign up! :slight_smile:

We just ICly introduced the Hunter’s Ball and so preparations for it have started in RP.

Have you entered your character yet?

Don’t shy away from an opportunity to meet new people and a dance or two. Of course, there’s the hunting part :wink:

Yes, the hunting part should be great fun for everyone!

Have you entered yet?

Two weeks until the event~ excite much!

1 Like

Fun idea! Made me regret I racechanged my dwarf hunter :frowning:

Join in on your other character, then! :wink:

Have you signed up for the Ball yet?

It’s going to be fun guys!