[A-RP] Moonlight Intercession

Among Night Elf outposts, towns, and refugee camps, parchments have begun to appear, some tacked to doorways, some left in communal places, written in a looping hand and marked with the seal of the Sisterhood of Elune. The text appears first in Darnassian, but is then also translated into the Common Tongue beneath, and bears the following message:

Elune-adore, kin and allies,

In these troubled times, there are few divine sanctums left. Far too easy is it, to forget faith in the face of war and spirituality when suffering.

It is in these times, though, that the relationship with the sacred becomes it’s most precious and can offer comfort and strength when it can seem there is none left to be had.

Therefore, the Handmaidens of Elune invite you to join them in the temple in Isildien, Feralas, on the 20th of this month, at the Eighth hour of the evening, for a ceremony of spiritual enrichment within the walls that belong to Elune, still, even now. There, we will join in worship and reverence, find courage and healing in her, and perhaps some peace for a moment.

The way to the Temple will be cleared to make safe for any who wish to attend, protection in place to ensure that all who gather have nothing to fear while in attendance to the Goddess.

This invitation to join us in prayer is open to all, in the spirit of understanding that we are all Elune’s children, regardless of race or religious differences. Within Temple walls, blessing is extended to all who seek it. We ask only that if you attend, you leave any weaponry you carry in the care of our sisters at the door for the duration of the ceremony. It will be safely returned to you afterwards.

Should you wish to make any enquiries or contribution to the evening, please contact Niámh Frostfall in Feathermoon Stronghold, Feralas.

Walk in blessed moonlight and know that the Mother shines on you, always.

OOC:

Date/Time 8pm server time 20th April 2019
Location Temple ruins at Isildien in the south of Feralas
Faction Alliance
Concept A led evening of worship/blessings/healing led by the Handmaidens of Elune guild, open to all Alliance races. All you have to do is turn up and join us!
Can I Contribute? Of course, the Handmaidens are teeny at the moment and would be happy to have help. Perhaps you have a prayer or reading you wish to share, or perhaps aid in security, given the ogre presence in Isildien? If you are interested in joining in, drop me a line in game or here on the forum.

(((Cough; in the event you happen to see the occasional ogre corpse on the way up to the temple, please disregard, they’re only sleeping, honest!)))

19 Likes

Very nice event! Creating more rp and fun for a night elf community!
Wish i was able to attend

Chatty gonna add it to Calendar i assume :smile:

3 Likes

Looking good, certainy will join you in prayer, just hoping my work won’t mess with me :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I WILL try to bring a bomb as an offering.

3 Likes

It’s a shame it’s Alliance only! One day us Shal’dorei whom worship Mother Moon will be allowed to join the Kaldorei in prayers. :broken_heart:

In all reality, from the sisterhood of Elune from the Shal’dorei side, should you ever be willing would be overjoyed to attend any future Elune-based events.

I hope it goes really well for you all <3

8 Likes

Ooooh! This looks interesting. Hopefully the Nightblades will be able to attend, as it is right in our backyard. ;D

4 Likes

I am certain there will be events where children of the stars and children of the night, together, will be able to worship Elune and clear out her ancient temples and places of worship.

8 Likes

Perhaps in time we will reach an accord that will transcend our political factions and join together in a shared devotion to Mother Moon. I would never wish to actively exclude anyone seeking to practice their faith among like-minded people, if the intent to simply join in prayer is genuine.

4 Likes

See, therr you got it.

Nightborne worshipping Elune, tauren worshipping Mu’sha and I think even the Zandalari Elun’ai would be welcome (though that last group might cause conflict).

1 Like

Luna’lai :slight_smile:
They are basically your common druid but zandies

2 Likes

Any Troll that should dare claim to speak for, or to have the favour of the Goddess, deserves to be killed on the spot.

4 Likes

Don’t they worship Elune only, though, even if they use druid magic?

I know other trolls consider them heretical.

2 Likes

It’s not 100% confirmed yet but most likely they do
And others believe their patron is no loa

1 Like

Well, trolls will be trolls.

So I say let them slaughter eachother while we’ll pick the survivors off!

3 Likes

But brother, hear me out…

What if we baptize them in the well of eternity and make them Night Elves?

I mean sure, it got blown up, sure, time travel is gonna get you in trouble. but if we dont try, we might not know how impossible it really is…

Looking forwards to this, and totaly not being bias coz shes my wife i swear what are you talking about stop your noise Mithralles ya rascal

Heresy, night elves and trolls do not share blood.

Also, we still have a Second Well of Eternity, and a Sunwell.
Shame the blood elves talked the nightborne in dropping their Nightwell.

2 Likes

Good too see this event is open to all!

But I’m already dropping by on my night elf :wink:

4 Likes

Mu’sha is the Moon thus Elune, you filthy heretic.

Why would a Sunwalker want to attend a event to celebrate the Moon-Goddess D:<
But yea, I’ll attend as Moridunum, because my other Elves would try to strangle every single Nightborne attendeè.

1 Like

Like I know what those bovine worship.

They dare say the sun is equal to Elune!

2 Likes

Those heretic Sin’dorei are claiming the same >:(

3 Likes