[A-RP] Moonrise - Sunday April 6th

A new month, a new Moon(rise)! Join us next sunday April 6th from 21h server time in the glade above Stormwind Harbour, to share some relaxed open RP within an age old (and freshly revived) Moonglade server tradition! :slight_smile:

(old topic was locked, here everything in a nutshell. If you feel like contributing, or sharing a moon prayer, you are most welcome, as it is an “unmoderated” open for all event!)

Leaflets are pinned to some houses of Stormwinds various districts and woodlands. Approaching one of the announcements, it is visible that the text is held both in Common as well as in Darnassian.

"Ishnu’Alah, Kal’Dorei brethren and friends and citizens of Stormwind!

Back in the past years, the Nightelves of Kalimdor have invited your allies and kinsman alike to join the old Kal’Dorei custom of the monthly Moonrise, to share your friendship and your praises to Elune. In the light of recent events, your homelands became contested, with many of you finding refuge here on the other side of the world, which was surely no easy choice for you.

Now we invite you to continue your custom, here in Stormwind, in the circle of your friends and allies. Your homelands may be far away and troubled these days, but we are all gazing upon the same moon.

Be welcome to join us on the 1st sunday of this month, and every month, by the old grove above Stormwind Harbour, to share an evening of kinship and reminisce. There will be food and drink, and Cherwina will hold the prayer when it is time to receive the Goodnesses blessing.

The festivities will commence an hour before Moonrise, and everyone is welcome! Leave your grudges and your weapons behind, and enjoy with us a peaceful celebration of Elune, of kinship and of the beauty of the rising moon.

We are looking forward to see you there!"

OOC:

Not many server wide RP events these days - a few of us have recently gathered and would love to revive one of the longest standing and most beautiful server traditions of Moonglade EU, back in the days hosted by the Nightelf guilds Handmaidens of Elune and Shadow Sentinels.

With Darnassus gone, Northwestern Kalimdor being contested territory and many Nightelves being displaced to Stormwind, we decided to shift this long standing Kaldorei event - at least temporarily - to the outskirts of Stormwind, to make it accessible to all and let the refugees share one of their age old customs with their allies.

When?

NEXT Sunday April 6th, from 21:00pm server time!

Who is invited?

Everyone!

Please respect the Kaldorei customs for this event:

No weapons (a weapon rack will be available close to the event)

Also, please no open use of magic of any kind, or summoned companions against the laws of nature.

Location?

The small glade left of Stormwind Harbour (facing the sea) . From the harbour, ride outside along the city wall and up the hills, until you reach a little forested area with open views to the sea

Questions?

Post here or get in touch in game! Grawle / Marenya, Serendipity and Nataari are amongst these who plotted and can be contacted.
In my case I am online most nights, but alting a lot, so feel free to write an ingame letter, post here on the forum, or ask around in /LookingforRP

6 Likes

Thank you for keeping the tradition alive :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As mentioned elsewhere, I shall be there and, Elune willing, appear in civilian clothes and not all plated up.

5 Likes

Silathin letting her hair down this time? :wink:

Nothing to thank, been really missing those server wide events from the olden days. Kittens recent post got it all into motion :wink:
Great to see there’s still interest!

5 Likes

A delightful occasion for a serene sip of [Moonglow]. Blended, not blurred. :full_moon_with_face:

5 Likes

Sil will try to be more sociable at least yeah. (originally she was meant to be rather feral aligned, inspired by her mentor, and a bit formal-social awkward. I don’t think I managed that last time since it’s been a while).

Oh, gotta remember to bring a drink for that dwarf as promised!

5 Likes

Last months moonrise event was awesome!
I’ll do my best to attend again. :slight_smile:

xoxo
//Kitten

5 Likes

Hopefully you don’t mind a demon hunter.

4 Likes

Well-behaving Illidari should be amiably accepted :slight_smile: This here not yet legendary huntress used to date one, although that ended when that adventurous fool decided to ruin himself at Illidan’s beck & call…

3 Likes

Nice turnout! Much more than 10 people this time, and almost all of them were Kal’dorei… It’s almost like someone planned it… :sunglasses:
The chatty parts get …confusing when there’s so many of us, but I don’t mind being “strong and silent” :smile:

4 Likes

Within the Stormwind atmosphere,
the lunar light was soon,
here and there and everywhere,
all praise our Mother Moon!

Thank you for a beautiful Moonrise! :full_moon:

4 Likes

It was so wonderful to be a part of. I’m looking forward to next time :slight_smile: Screenshots will be up later today!

4 Likes

Thank you for another beautiful Moonrise.
Lovely prayer and a nice turnout.
Loved it! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Another month, another Moonrise!
Following our pattern next Moonrise will be Sunday May 5th
Again from 21pm server time, in the little seaside glade above Stormwind Harbour!

If you’re new and got trouble finding it, just ask around in /LookingforRP on the day :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I won’t be around for this & also the next Moonrises due to traveling. Thought it would be a good idea to assemble a little orga crew to keep the ball rolling and make sure things are happening? Let me know if interested, here or ingame!

3 Likes

Your absence will be lamented, as your presence and your wise words will be missed.

Gordon bows respectfully.

Being quite fond of this tradition (although I - and a certain Illidari acquaintance of mine, who should perhaps not be allowed autonomy over her attire - have only attended twice), I would like to contribute to its continuity.

The aforementioned Illidari and I were sort of responsible for the weapon rack, which was a sensitive topic for some attendees.
I do not mind weapon rack “duty”, or delegating it to one of my trusted acquaintances.

Unfortunately, neither I nor any of my aforementioned associates are experienced priests of any kind, so I would not want to take responsibility for the prayer.

If my memory serves me right, though, there have been some eloquent speakers at the foregoing Moonrise events, so I am confident that we will have a fine ceremonial leader.

3 Likes

I believe both Cherwina as well as Laelanthar will be present and happy to give the spiritual guidance! :slight_smile:

Sorry, haven’t been online much the last weeks, but just set up an orga channel for those interested to keep the event running. I will contact you tonight ingame or send you a message! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s also the “Greeting the New Moon” channel in the BattleTag LokingForRP community, accessible from the BattleNet desktop app as well as in-game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hoow… did I forget about that :joy::joy:

1 Like

Nooo. I am not happy with you Natty. You are not supposed to travel or be away! :wink:

You’ll be missed and come back soon!

2 Likes

But… it’s RL exploration! I heard that there’s an achievement for that?!

Hehe, but thanks. Also a bump for all you lovely lucky people who are around - TONIGHT! 21pm server time!! Have a blast!

3 Likes