[A-RP] Shal'dorei Defector is looking for Guild

:joy: :joy: time to resurrect my traitor elven characters

I don’t mean to type this with the intention of driving you from your concept, because there’s merit and enjoyment to be had with the more out there ideas, but typically most guilds are set around a fairly rigid theme that don’t tend to vary from it.

I struggled for ages trying to get into a void-based guild for Obahar here, because all of them were exclusively taking ren’dorei and no other races (a decision I often questioned and grew to despise as the months went on.) I bring this up because if I couldn’t find a home for a void-studying worgen, who’s still a member of the Alliance mind you, then I think you’re going to have a difficult time finding the home that you want for your character.

Guilds like Dirge of Teldrassil and the currently inactive Hand of Cenarius are vehemently anti-horde, and bringing in a defector into those sorts of guilds would definitely be something difficult for them to justify IC given all that’s happened between the two factions. Even if you were to consider ditching a strictly druidic guild and just wanted to opt into a more adventuring-focused guild, the same problem might still arise there. People aren’t going to change their characters just to fit another’s needs, and with conflict in Warcraft being so prevalent, that dislike, disdain, and intolerence of Horde characters - defectors or otherwise - is going to be a limitation on what guilds you can join.

I wish you luck with this, again I don’t mean to knock your concept, but as somebody who struggled to find a home for a character I was invested in it’s utterly exhausting trying and failing to find the RP you want.

4 Likes

Doesn’t mean some would want to do more than just not be at war but actively support the other side by joining them. If the faction sides were realistic they wouldn’t be race bound, there would be some of each race on both sides.

It’s an armistice, not a peace treaty. It hasn’t gone anywhere further than that. Border skirmishes are still being fought all over Azeroth, and as you said, the night elves have no regard for it.

1 Like

That is much correct. Alas many think ‘armistice’ = ‘peace treaty’. Which is not the case.

This :point_up:t2:

As it stands, it’s more of an attempt at the cessation of hostilities. The entire Alliance has not yet signed it and border conflicts are still on-going throughout Azeroth, as per Blizzard’s word.

To add on this, it also doesn’t mean NPCs would be as welcoming as certain players might be, which is why I myself did not take her own druid NPC as an example of night elves she has interacted on peaceful terms with.

But, that begs the question. If her intent is to make amend for the actions she did during the War of the Thorns, and her desire is to throw off her shackles of arcane magic ((and impossibility, due to her race.)) and she wishes to learn druidism, why doesn’t she approach the Cenarion Circle? Neutral, thus giving her access to Alliance settlements under the given circumstances, as well as druidic lessons from a faction that wouldn’t want to rip her head off for being a Hordie.

5 Likes

Cenarion Circle is actually a very good option. Is there though any guild representing such?

Off the top of my head, I don’t think there is. Most druid guilds that I’ve seen about tend to be pretty tied to their faction or allegiences, to where it feels almost as much of a loyalty to the Alliance/Kalimdor than to nature itself. Factions play a really big role within most guilds these days which isn’t too much of a surprise given what BFA was focused towards.

1 Like

Perhaps these

1 Like

My main peeve with your character is not the story in itself, but rather the model.

You suceeded in making her look as close as possible to nightborne don’t get me wrong but your race is still that of a night elf in-game and the look of NE is different from that of a NB. I would prefer if you played your character with a nightborne model tbh, just so that the model and the race doesn’t get devalued. It’s not a “I won’t play with you peeve” but a “it makes me uncomfortable to remember, every time, that she’s in fact a NB” peeve.

Of course this is just the feedback that no one asked for. You’re welcome to act as you prefer. See you in Azeroth.

I don’t really have much to say that others haven’t already, so I’ll just parrot it: I really think you’re going to have a hard time finding somewhere to fit such a specific exception of a character, and I have to be honest in saying that I can’t even imagine it being overly worth the hassle, but I’m sure there’s at least a couple out there somewhere that wouldn’t mind

I don’t know why one of the Shal’dorei would ever want to ally themselves with the Alliance though, even if they dislike the Horde for what it is - would they really go that far? I can’t imagine the notion of never being allowed back into Suramar City (a Shal’dorei defector is hardly a common occurrence and it would not be all that sensible to assume nobody has noticed that about your character) is a particularly alluring one to any Nightborne

Ultimately up to you though, but I saw the thread and I am extremely bored and have nothing better to do than offer my two cents

5 Likes

Ngl I think its the opposite, there are always guilds willing to take in characters like this.

I once was at a campaign in Desolance on Mori, lo and behold what do I see between the Alliance/Night Elf troops? A Kaldorei Dark Ranger
 What happens when I ICly act aggresively to her presence in an Alliance/Kaldorei hub? Scolded. Alot of people flocked to defend the Dark Ranger because reason Y/X/Z, because RP should be inclusive yaddayaddayadda.

Anyways I gave up, people can RP whatever they want, if its to weird or headcanon-y, i’ll just shrug it off and walk away
 If I can pretend its just some crazed madman/woman
 I’l do that.

Alisande was a loyalist to the Grand Magistrix during the civil war. She believes Thalryssa is unfit to rule Suramar and would have the city “liberated” by the Kaldorei rather than serve Thalryssa. Her hopes are that the Night Warriors can conquer her city and take it away from the Horde.

So. She’s a former loyalist of someone whom decried the very people she now wishes to see conquer her own people as tree dwelling savages no better than trolls.

2 Likes

You should rise your standards for Kaldorei. Suramar right now suffers under Thalryssa who dragged the city into a war that was not the Shal’dorei’s for a faction lacking morality in a similar way as it turned to the warchief (again). Who proved to be no better than the Legion.

So yes she wants to Conquer her city in order to liberate it from the rebels who now hold her people hostage in the hands of the Horde.

Better have Tyrande and her Night Warriors control Suramar than the spineless, traitorous and incompetent, ungrateful Thalryssa.

See, while that’s a perfectly valid thing for your character to believe, I can’t help but feel that would be an incredibly difficult sell to most night elf characters, and thus a difficult sell to the guilds of those characters. As for this:

We do see a lot of Horde characters, Sylvanas included, refer to the night elves as savages and the likes. Certainly a haughty society of aristocrats and arcanists in Suramar would question why their long-seperated kin are so far behind in regards to magical prowess and, for lack of a better term, fashion sense.

Again I’m really sorry if I’m coming off as harsh, but you’ll really struggle to find a guild with this sort of concept. The best bet genuinely might be to try and lead a guild yourself with this particular idea, although I’m not too sure how many players would have characters ready to join it, or feel the motivation to create a new character to do so.

2 Likes

I struggle to wrap my head around this. Like she was okay with Elisande working with the legion to shovel the commoners of Suramar off into felsoul hold to be used as living fuel for the legion’s invasion, but Sylvanas was too far?

Am I missing something here? I’m not trying to dunk on the thought process, my character is wrong about a lot of things IC too but this just doesn’t seem right.

7 Likes

Play whatever you want mate, but expect a lot of backlash both ooc and ic. Depends on you if that’s price worth paying for such a controversial character.

3 Likes

Elisande lead Suramar for a long time. Joining the Legion like it or not was a strategic move that could have paid off eventually as things seemed to be (Keep in mind inside the bubble we did not know others survived).

Thalryssa suggested she fight against the Tyranny and madness of Elisande who was mostly trying to protect her city even if she was wrong. On the other hand, Thalryssa throws her people in a war without any reason, supporting a faction to commit a genocide against a faction that helped her win her rebellion for a Banshee who went on a killing spree on a whim.

I can’t really tell if Sylvanas or Legion is worse. The difference is this Elisande made a choice based on desperation. Thalryssa made a choice based on Incompetence.