[A-RP] Shal'dorei Defector is looking for Guild

Thalyssra had nb join horde far before Teldrassil though, and after that it was too late to walk out of the deal. Horde was already in Suramar with troops present, supported the nation/city with resources to rebuild after Legion invasion.

One features enlisted Shal’dorei soldiers fighting a distant war and Suramar untouched by it and flourishing.

The other featured people rounded up on the streets to be forced into magical bubbles until withered, exiled into the forest to die, executed. Brought to Felsoul hold to be processed into life-whatever-voodoo-anima-energy to fuel the Legion.

Are you saying that participating in a coalition and sending soldiers to faraway lands is worse than Robochef-ing your people into demon-diesel?

It was stupid to join the Horde in the first place. Thalryssa is not fit to rule. She deserves to fall under Tyrande’s blade. People can defend Thalryssa and the Horde all they like but the facts are there.

A good leader does not join unnecessary wars for maniacs. She joined the Banshee and kept fighting her wars in the cost of her own people. Elisande has her very city invaded she had little choice. Thalryssa simply threw her people in a war for nothing.

You don’t like it? Ask those Shal’dorei who died for Sylvanas. Do you think they feel patriotic and better than those who fell to the Legion? Still it could be avoided if Thalryssa was just borderline competent.

Are you IC right now fam?

4 Likes

My OOC and IC views of Thalryssa align. So both?

Highmountain tauren joined Horde. Joining the Horde in the 4th war meant peace at home. Joining the war on Alliance side would have meant a war front in the Broken Isles.

What’s your take on that?

1 Like

Since others have already excellently answered the rest of this post, why? By the standards of all Highborne and their descendants, Elisande’s quote regarding the night elves and their way of life objectively isn’t wrong. They live in forests, their houses are trees shaped via druidic magic rather than structures built - certain temples being the exception, of course. They have clothing crafted entirely out of leafs, something they frequently wove into their hair as well.

By the standards of the haughty Highborne, of whom the Nightborne are by no means exceptions from the norm, the night elves as they live now are scarcely better than trolls. They have given up everything that made the ancient Kaldorei Empire, and Suramar itself now, great in favour of living in harmony with the wilds.

2 Likes

1st of all Kaldorei have Highbornes and 2nd the Rebel government of Suramar failed. 3rd Azhara also failed. Thus it is a good idea to check the alternative being Tyrande’s Kaldorei.

I think you’d be happier playing a Night Elf my dude.

7 Likes

Taurens and elves are a different thing. Shal’dorei are much closer to Kaldorei than Sin’dorei.

No, they’re really not.

8 Likes

That is not the point.

Politics. Highmountain Tauren join the horde. If Shal’dorei join the Horde, Broken Isles becomes a Horde landmass.

If they join the Alliance, Broken Isles becomes a contested landmass with possible war.

What say you to that?

The kaldorei have Highborne who turned to their kinsmen, who by law were required to execute any Highborne they caught on their land up until Cata, because they had no other options. They were wandering the wilderness of Kalimdor, slowly weaning themselves off of the demonic energies they’d consumed.

But I’m curious, since you poised the example of Nightborne dying in the Horde’s war effort across Kalimdor during the 4th war. I would like your thoughts on it, if you don’t mind.

Why don’t you ask the countless Nightborne that were shipped off to be rendered as nothing but fuel for the war effort of the Burning Legion how they felt about that? Why do you show no concern for the civilians who were torn apart by demons in the very streets of Suramar? Men, women and probably children whose only crime was to speak out against Elisande, if only in the hushed confines of their own homes.

1 Like

And that’s okay, to some extent. But you then need to remember that other characters might not accomodate those views given that they are very specific and I’d say also fairly unique to yourself and your character.

For the most part the sort of RP that this is likely to yield is other characters questioning how and why yours has the views she does. And if that’s the sort of RP you’re looking for, then great - I’ve done it myself with a worgen character who took the whole Goldrinn thing way, way too far. But if you’re looking for characters who’s views allign who’d want to aid yours in reaching her common goal
 I dunno. I think that’s a rough one.

As an aside, regarding this, they do have highborne in their society but it’s a reluctant inclusion. They were only allowed back in after millenia of exile following the (sundering? shattering? One of the big world-altering events in Azeroth’s history.) I believe Maiev can even be seen killing highborne representatives behind the scenes in one of the books, and while yes, Maiev is bloody crazy, it does show that there is disdain and pushback towards them.

2 Likes

I am not here to argue with Horde loyalists. I am here to seek a guild for my character. If you don’t like my Rp I think you have not grasped the concept of this thread. I would happily engage to an argument over this with you on another thread, just send me a link but let us focus on the purpose of the Original Post?

Shaldorei have much closer to sindorei than kaldorei, be it society-wise, culture-wise or mentality wise. Much of what makes shaldorei shaldorei, many kaldorei still consider unnatural and disgusting even now after re-allowing of arcane in Cata.

(oops replied to wrong person! sorry!)

“I’m not here to argue with Horde loyalists.” Dude, they are pointing out how illogical your character’s way of thinking is; they’ve said that is fine, but it’s very questionable at best. I’m sorry, but you posted this thread on a public forum, that invites scepticism, it invites criticism. It’s unavoidable, it’s frankly what you should have expected.

Now, if you’d be so kind. Please tell me why your character has no issues with people being torn apart in the streets of Suramar for speaking out against Elisande’s rule in their own homes? Why was she fine with dissidents openly being shipped off to a location where their very life force would knowingly be turned into fuel for the Legion? Why did she have no issues with Elisande doing this, but wants her people conquered by the night elves for Thalryssa’s decision to join the Horde - a decision only made after Tyrande refused to welcome the Nightborne back.

Don’t give me the “Oh, Elisande ruled her people for millennia” excuse. Thalryssa, before she wound up exiled, again for the crime of not supporting Elisande 100%, had been one of the highest ranking political figures in Suramar. She steered the nation through its darkest day since the Sundering and the outcome was a resounding success. And now, where the night elves rejected her, she joined the Horde due to the kinship she and her people share with the blood elves.

4 Likes

I will repeat once more that I have no wish to Rp a Shal’dorei as most of you do or make a Night elf (I have night elf characters) I played this character as a Horde Shal’dorei for months. She defected IC through IC interactions with other players.

I will follow her story as it stands. I do not expect, want or ask you to like or support it if you don’t like. But because it is an uncommon stance I seek people who would like to explore it with me. I see no reason trying to say something against it as it will not change anything?

You can not tell me why, how or what I will Rp based on your Rp. IC is IC and it lead her to defect that is what it is. Now I want to see how to take it from there. I am not changing that or her beliefs because it does not fit the logic of others. Call her mad? Sure. Dislike her? be my guests. But she is who she is.

If someone came IC and told me that Anduin was in secret an Old God It would not fit my narrative ok but a character has his right to believe it IC for whatever reason. I am not going to dictate how that person Rp but I will react accordingly IC as I expect other people to react to my Rp.

Please answer my question. How does she justify Elisande’s actions but vilifies Thalryssa’s actions?

1 Like

I did, read above. Elisande was defending the city. Thalryssa went for conquest. One had little choice in the bubble thinking noone else survived when she joined the Legion. The other had a lot of choices but she chose the Banshee without a dagger against her throat.