[A-RP] Shal'dorei Defector is looking for Guild

This is okay. I don’t think anybody is arguing against this. But if you do go down this route, it greatly limits the RP you can have because as a traitor, you’re not going to find roleplay with the nightborne, and the night elves overall aren’t exactly (often) a forgiving people and aren’t always RP’d as such. So if you can’t roleplay with the Horde, and you can’t really roleplay with the Alliance, that really leaves neutral ground like the cenarion circle, which is just not something that many guilds opt for, mostly because the logistics of managing a guild-cross faction are a right pain in the backside.

The only other choice is like… Booty Bay? But I don’t know how a mage-turned-druid would fare amidst pirate crews and shady sailors.

I guess the point that I’m making is that while you shouldn’t compromise on who your character is or what they are, if you are going to stick with your guns and play them as you want to, then you have to accept the consequences of that, both in terms of IC and OOC.

It is not much worse than Rping as an Ebon Knight. I will survive :slight_smile:

My dude me + probably everyone else her doesn’t care at all what you RP. I believe in my first post on this thread I merely made the point you’d probably have a better time with a neutral guild or a Kaldorei since you’ll likely struggle to RP this with the Kaldorei.

My character believes Tyrande is a usurper of Elune’s magic and that the Draenei burnt teldrassil. People can have wacky/unusual opinions IC and it’s fine. Roleplay what you want.

I’m just confused by the semi-IC posts calling me a “Horde loyalist” (Especially since I’m the GM of a Sisterhood of Elune guild) and by the overall train of thought here since I can’t exactly point you to a guild where you’d fit without knowing what it is your character wants to achieve.

Take a breather my guy, it’s a forum, we’re just chatting.

7 Likes

Ngl would be pretty dope if the Court of Farondis would’ve joined the Alliance, and alongside the Dreamweavers, would’ve opened a front vs the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren… Could’ve made it one, huge, warfront! :smirk:

Even the Shen’dralar Highborne, who are a part of the Kaldorei, think this! Hence why they wanted to keep their own society intact within greater Kaldorei society!

2 Likes

But Thalryssa didn’t chose “the Banshee”, she chose her kinsmen. The elves that didn’t instantly rejected her on the spot for the crime of being descendant of the Highborne. But please, respond to my points below.

Now, if you’d be so kind. Please tell me why your character has no issues with people being torn apart in the streets of Suramar for speaking out against Elisande’s rule in their own homes? Why was she fine with dissidents openly being shipped off to a location where their very life force would knowingly be turned into fuel for the Legion? Why did she have no issues with Elisande doing this, but wants her people conquered by the night elves for Thalryssa’s decision to join the Horde - a decision only made after Tyrande refused to welcome the Nightborne back.

Don’t give me the “Oh, Elisande ruled her people for millennia” excuse. Thalryssa, before she wound up exiled, again for the crime of not supporting Elisande 100%, had been one of the highest ranking political figures in Suramar. She steered the nation through its darkest day since the Sundering and the outcome was a resounding success. And now, where the night elves rejected her, she joined the Horde due to the kinship she and her people share with the blood elves.

Why don’t you ask the countless Nightborne that were shipped off to be rendered as nothing but fuel for the war effort of the Burning Legion how they felt about that? Why do you show no concern for the civilians who were torn apart by demons in the very streets of Suramar? Men, women and probably children whose only crime was to speak out against Elisande, if only in the hushed confines of their own homes.

How can I call the people who firmly support the Horde’s stance? I mean yeah there are players who are pro-alliance, there are people who are pro-horde. pro-sylvanas and so on. I do not expect such people to understand or agree with what I suggest here since the Horde is the one path for them.

it is fine but not what this thread is for. It will only lead to arguments and debates who are for another thread.

Alright, an idea; go and roleplay this character in open world, meet people and see how it goes out? You’ll find a group or guild to welcome her naturally, eventually. It usually works better than making threads. If you didn’t find a thread of guild or group you would like on the forum, you will probably not get any answers you seek here.

1 Like

Thalryssa is incompetent, joining the Horde was a rush decision and joining the war was completely not required. She should have remained neutral as there was literally NOTHING threatening her city’s stability?

The ONLY reason Shal’dorei went horde was because Blizz wanted them to for Alied races to balance. IC it was stupid. Pandas are both sides so could be Shal’dorei after suramar campaign. It would make more sense.

How was it a rushed decision? She only made that decision after Tyrande, and by extension the Alliance, refused to let them join the Alliance. They didn’t join the Horde because of the war, they joined the Horde because it was the only faction that embraced them, with whom they had found kinship with their distant cousins, the blood elves. A faction that gladly supported their efforts in rebuilding Suramar, and eventually, expand beyond the city itself. But more than that, there’s this one detail of how the Alliance functions - by law, all rulers of the Alliance have to vote yes to allow a new entry into the Alliance. The moment Tyrande refused, the Nightborne had no hopes of ever joining the Alliance.

Thalryssa is genuinely a hero and saviour to the entire Nightborne race; again, I’m asking you. Why does she vilify the woman that saved Suramar, but worships the dictator that literally fed her people to demons in the streets of Suramar?

Except the night elves refused to let them rejoin the Alliance, if that would have happened, I sincerely doubt you would be here arguing for Horde aligned Nightborne to be playable. It makes sense IC, 100%. It makes more sense than them joining the night elves, lmao.

You call them nothing? People are not their characters. Surprisingly, IRL, I’m not a religious fanatic that would see the entire world purged of all non-human races so that the Light’s Chosen race, humanity, can finally thrive without the heathenism and decadence of the inhuman.

2 Likes

That is a good idea and others suggested it as well. I have found some people to Rp with already to be honest just not a guild but this thread even if it spark some debates already helped me branch out.

Advice appreciated though and I will follow it.

Might be interesting to start RP yourself, like, icly offer to defect, that can get things rolling. As much as people can say your concept won’t work, the moment you just exist ingame instead of in the forum battlefield they can only either react or ignore

2 Likes

Already did that. I defected in the hands of a player character. Unfortunately I did not have the chance to Rp it extensively but crucial parts have been Rped IC. Only thing I use an NPC for is her druid mentor. Until I find a player for it.

Oh cool, I’m glad that went well.
There’s also things like the Cenarion Circle who are neutral druids which might be cool to look at.

1 Like

Anyway getting late here so I will have to say good night for now. Will check again tomorrow. Thank you for the advices all and enjoy the pre patch :slight_smile:

Gn
(Are there even Cenarion guilds in existence?)

I’m getting Exaviel flashbacks.

Out of sheer curiosity, what or who is Exaviel?

Nightborne are barely a Horde race, Suramar was “liberated” by both factions, then Blizzard threw dice and the Nightborne landed on Horde, propably to give Horde more pretty races than for any serious lore reason. Also these newcomers to Horde are not all so keen on the Horde, Valtrois even says in the warcampaign she’s not sure if they joined the right faction.

Also why is it so hard to imagine Anduin giving a permit for someone to be in Alliance when he himself was kissing up with Saurfang in front of Orgrimmar? Not to mention taking the batch of Void Blood Elves in.

It feels once again like players here are trying to apply somekind logic into their RP views that does not fit really super well with Blizzard’s own random lore decisions. These things happen in Lore, I don’t see why it can’t happen in RP. Then again, you get told all the time you can’t do stuff in RP that mid tier NPC’s do all the time in lore so Shrug Roleplayers love to tell other roleplayers what they can’t do, that’s something to count on.

The Verdant Path is the only one I’ve seen in… Years, come to think of it.
Even then, they seem to more broadly be Druid/Shaman/Hunter/etc coalition than straight Cenarion

“Don’t worry guiz, my guild of Scarlets got pardoned by Anduin, its fine that we hang out in Stormwind”

EDIT: basically a human priest playing alliance-aligned Scarlets.

EDIT2: I realise in my sleep deprived mind, I said Anduin when I meant Varian.