[A-RP] <Stormwind Covert Accord> Rebooting and Recruiting

a hawk that’s got the moves

14 Likes

Aren’t you guys the bandits which attacked the neutrals in Desolace during the campaign?

Which also got thrown out of said campaign? (I can copy paste the log from the Discord about that!) Westfall bandits in Desolace? And of course why are Westfall bandits in Desolace. Now oddly enough the type of bandits who really should have better jobs than randomly robbing people.

Since you have got so much awesome magical power and gear.

1 Like

We’re not Westfall bandits. We’re roaming brigands, and high fantasy/ranging from the lowest “wizard” who’s a fraud to proper (as you say AWESOMEly powered) adventurers, only one of us is from Westfall. We got ran out of Desolace IC, and maybe they’re just scum who like to rob random people/earn a quick buck? Don’t see the problem here.

Not to mention if you’ve looked in the Discord you know we weren’t trying to cause a fuss OOC/talked to the neutral RPers to apologise if we did and everything seemed fine.

11 Likes

You will find that roaming brigands dosn’t travel continents. Regardless to say you got ran out of a Desolace is a odd way to say that people had you kicked out due to behavior.

“I’ve removed a few people that were causing problematic situations IC that a few weren’t content with as well as continuously posting a multitude of things within this discord that I’ve already requested not too, not only by myself but a few other DMs/Campaign Organisers. It continued, seeing as neither group was active within the ongoing bonus objectives or storyline, instead of muting them I’ve gone forward with the decision of removing them. They’ve not be banned, just kicked.”

Now I’m curious; why name and shame Lysandre and co? You could’ve simply PMed and taken it up with them personally? Its rather against the forum conduct.

Did you want 15 minutes of fame?

1 Like

The scuffed English in which you reply in tells me everything I need to know about your alt posting, you should feel BLESSED that you have the chance to discuss things with The Men of Good Faith

. . . and by the Dark Lady those EMOTES :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

8 Likes

IC. I even agree with our removal on that basis as by that point our RP had dug ourselves a hole where we weren’t taking part in many events at that point/where going to leave anyways, so fair enough.

As for posting in the discord, I don’t remember doing that, I moved conversations to other channels when asked, and its not naming and shaming, I’m just saying that the guild could use with fixing up their RP, especially if this is how the officers carry themselves.

If I think the guild’s bad I’ll let people know/hope they see this and decide to change. If people don’t like my guild and have something bad to say about it they can do the same on our thread. If I just whispered them they can go “yeah sure haha” and then carry on as per usual and nobody’d be the wiser.

Public forums after all. ((And no I want more than 15 minutes thank you, I have hubris and do NOT post on an alt so people recognise me, heh :cowboy_hat_face::smoking: ))

11 Likes

Hey I heard altposting is cool these days?

Honestly I can overlook the edgy blood magic just to be cool part despite it being iffy as heck, but buzzbox’ing automatically without at least rolling on it or making it an attempt? That’s just plain BadRP, man… Don’t do that…

4 Likes

Waiting for the Galfordpost re. this alt in anticipation

11 Likes

Buzzboxes does exist in the Warcraft universe and has been accepted by the majority of the community, at least within Stormwind City as it has been used (either by the addon, GBRadio, or not) by many guilds.

There was no “gods of combat.” We were accepted injury. My character was shot and stabbed and ended up on the floor. Thanks to a paladin who randomly passed by, he helped us when all of you disappeared.

When we were helped and the person we killed was dragged away, we retaliated, still wounded and exhausted to attempt to find the last three who attacked us. When we find one of them, he sprints out and logs off, even though he himself was also injured. God-avoiding the whole thing.

I say, if you roleplay a criminal, expect to be caught, especially if you are attacking a guard or the like.

You were happy with 4 v 1, but once I arrived and a random guy passed by, with one of your people accepting death which we didn’t expect, you scatted and blacklisted us. I find this childish and immature.

Addition: You missed some of the screenshots were you just vanished without a clue and avoided emotes. I’m not the type of person who wishes to share screenshots on a forum post and shaming people. I’m willing to void this, but blacklisting, that’s a bit far fetched in my opinion.

I will add to that, shaming people on the forum is highly against the Blizzard’s policy. I wish you good luck and I hope you handle a scenario like this better in the future.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/7MCMkZ5

A gnomish engineering buzzbox. Just saying…

7 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/In15Vrg.jpg
This resembles its more. Yes, that’s an actual obtainable item from a low-level quest.

In this thread you keep saying what the “majority of the community” accepts or not, I wonder what is this based on? Some kind of research or guesswork? Do you run surveys in /general chats?

Despite the best attempts of popularising the walkie-talkies in question by a certain group of guard roleplayers, I’d argue that people aren’t so tolerant of them, but hey it’s all guesswork on my part at least. :thinking:

i wish embarassing and terribly obvious alt posting was against Blizzard’s policy

6 Likes

On the topic of buzzboxes: I wish they weren’t used. While it can be excused within the SI:7 high-ranked lot as some modern tech, your random guards and mercenaries SHOULDN’T have them.

5 Likes

Accepted or not, they hold a very clear presence in the setting as they appear in multiple areas and zones and are never really described as exotic. But they’re called gnomecorders, not buzzboxes. Buzzboxes were an invention by a gnome to trick the player into making him moonshine in Darkshore.
https:// wow. gamepedia. com /Buzzbox
https:// wow. gamepedia. com /Gnomecorder

Where’d you come from, where’d you go?

Your lack of knowledge on our guild and your alt posting really tells a lot about your character.

7 Likes

One day… One of these days

1 Like

I will break you with my superior vowel.

2 Likes

That is the common consensus I have heard regarding buzzboxes and the addon myself, people dislike it as it is pretty much the same as just calling your guild over on guild chat and the fact that it has been heavily abused… It might’ve been more accepted if only higher ranked members carried them or people didn’t just automatically do it, perhaps give the other roleplayers a chance to stop you from calling backup.

Also that item you linked Lysandré is quite clearly a remote controller, so I don’t see how it fits in.

5 Likes