[A-RP] <Stormwind Covert Accord> Rebooting and Recruiting

What good intentions? Williame clearly did a shaming and has removed his comment. See below:

And I have to repeat myself as well. You were fine being 4 v 1, but once it turned into a 3 v 3 (after the guy emoted that his neck was snapped) you guys decided to void the whole encounter, one even blacklisted us, even though we were helped by this random paladin and brought to the Cathedral later for more healing.

Yes, we did return, wounded, exhausted, bandaged up, minorly healed, trying to find you lot and had hoped this to be a long chase over the next couple of days. One of you (also wounded) decided to sprint out the door, vanish without an emote and log off, where after you decide to void the whole thing.

If you do a crime, expect that there will be consequences when you go against the authority. Even expect citizens to assist an authorized officer. The random encounters chose to assist us, as we were forced on the ground, had it been the other way around, they might have assisted you.

Also, might I add, that we use magic to defend ourselves, but you use shadow to not once, not twice, by thrice to vanish out of the blue, return and stab, then vanish, return and stab again, and then again. There was no time where we could counter emote that, it just happened. I can agree on a void, but taking it to this far is too far fetched.

1 Like

lol emote fightning in 2019 exde

4 Likes

Roll fighting is the patrician choice.

1 Like

I can nothing but agree, personally. But not everyone accepts roll fighting " because they can loose. " But sadly, this was not the case. I would fully have accepted a roll fight.

Then it’s still a kill emote, Lysandre. It’s an emote where the ‘victim’ being killed is the intention. Why is this hard to grasp?

11 Likes

The true aristocrat only emote fights in a setting where you have the outcome already largely decided by the participating parties for maximum fun.

9 Likes

I can agree to that it is a kill emote. But it can still be countered in another way. I was fighting one guy 1 v 1, while my guildmate was fighting 3 v 1. It could have been prevented by either of the other two. Cutting the thigh or leg for instance, but that was not the case. Yet intention to kill, doesn’t mean that cannot be countered.

That I can also agree to, but yet again, that was not the case. They started an emote fight, we countered those emotes fairly with force, even by using minorly magic which is a part of this universe.

1 Like

Person A tries to kill person B

Person B dies

Person A: insert Pikachu meme

20 Likes

Literally what is any of this dung flinging actually attempting to accomplish?

I guess to stir people away from joining the guild?

Though as far as I remember only a vague minority of the players frequent these forums so the guild dying out won’t happen because of this. That’s more like to happen if such shenanigans as described in this thread, on top of the guild seemingly hosting a new Heartsbane Witch Coven, keep on occurring.

5 Likes

You: Using a buzzbox to summon your guildies
Me, an intellectual: Blowing a horn to rally your allies

20 Likes

The based Cowhorn.

7 Likes

Some guard: uses buzzbox to call more guards
Me, tactican and warlord: blows on the horn to summon army

3 Likes

The Buzzbox! Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing!

2 Likes

I took part in this RP (regrettably), so, seeing as I’m in the screenshots, I might as well offer my experience - in the hope that what I say will inspire change.

My “do” or “don’t?” mentality when walking into any conflict-based RP is based on this principle: will this interaction be constructive in some way to all the characters involved?

The moment I stop seeing the interaction as constructive, I usually navigate my character respectfully out of that situation, which I did last night after about five minutes of interacting with your guild.

The fact is, fighting incessantly in emotes achieves nothing. – There was a point last night Lysandre where Duke had your character on the end of a gun. That was a crucial point where the RP could’ve been resolved in an interesting and informative way. All of our characters could’ve had a stand-off, have stopped fighting, exchanged words, then agreed to walk-away (to prevent any loss of lives). – We would’ve all took something cool from the role-play, and you would’ve been free to pursue our characters at a later time.

But that’s not what happened. When the fight began the respect you had been showing to our characters was thrown out of the metaphorical window. You meta-gamed help onto the scene. You started using blood magic, Drust magic, and drug-filled syringes. When you do that, you’re essentially screaming at us - as role-players and hobbyists - that you HAVE to “win” this encounter in a way that satisfies no one’s ego but your own
 By basically beating us all into a bloody pulp.

– Why? What purpose does that serve?

That kind of role-play is all flash and no substance.

Gore without plot.

And that’s why most of us left and started to log out.

You forgot at one point in the role-play that we’re all here to write, to have fun, to bounce off each other - and instead of having an interesting encounter where all our characters were allowed to express their nuances, their strengths, and their weaknesses
 You dragged us down to your level, the level of – dare I say it – stupidity and lacklustre writing, then made us suffer it out of the respect we had for you as fellow hobbyists.

Consequences and tension are some of the best themes to roll with when it comes to role-playing, but when not done right they can really, really drain you. My advice is to go away from this situation, read the responses given to you, and take something from it. If you take a single piece of advice, my recommendation would be to respect and empathize with the other role-player, and ask yourselves before typing any emote; “Will this creatively serve the role-play in some way?”

28 Likes

And I did respond accordingly by attempting to elbow his abdominal and take his firearm, which failed thus I got shot in the gut. That’s fair for all accounts.

How can it be a stand-off when you chose to fight 4 v 1, then I join, then a random person joins after the person emoted that his killing, which turned it into 3 v 3. That would have been an acceptable stand-off, we even accepted your void elf to blink back three times from the shadows and stab us, without us having any time to respond. Or when you throw a smoke bomb right between the paladin and me, we could have grabbed you, or at least attempted.

My character was called on the scene, only told that it was near the Recluse. With no idea where, I went into the Recluse, around the mage tower and thought that you lot might have been in that alley (which I myself walk through occasionally, and so do others to avoid the Lamb or a quicker route from Lion’s Rest to the Recluse). I didn’t find you by any shared location, only that an officer being assaulted in the Mage Quarter, somewhere near the Recluse.

Blood and Drust magic is a thing, I cannot speak for my guildmate, but my use of Drust magic was mild, and only use in a worst case scenario as I was downed, air blown by the shot to the gut, bleeding, knife in the back and down on the ground. Firing a bullet could harm my guildie or the paladin which struck the character who emoted his death. So instead if chose to assist with the mild Drust magic that she possesses and mildly curse him to make him believe that he was in pain.

The syringe was (if you read my At First Glance) was in her compact alchemy kit, and was used to temporarily relieve the pain that was afflicted to my character, after you all had fled the scene and the one who emoted his own death.

I accept your recommendation and I will give one in return. Understand that there is magic in this universe, its not just guns and blades. We accepted defeat if it had not been for people interfering, we would have probably stayed there, downed, hurt, or you could have encaptured us. But by god-vanishing and logging off, that’s not a mature way to solve such a scenario.

Had you whispered us and explained that you think that it was too much, we could’ve easily solved it by clearing up the misunderstandings and continue. As I usually say: Communication is key.

1 Like

How does a human get into Drust and Blood Magic anyways?

Uther would not approve.

6 Likes

I can’t say for Blood magic, but Drust magic is used by Kul Tiran druids, or the Thornspeakers and Coven. If you read my character’s story on Argent Archives (which is in need of some updating, mind), she was cursed by the Drust and got stabilized for it not to spread by a week of an IC event. She can use it in a mild sense, which will drain her, and might not even work propaply. Which is why I prefer roll battles in such cases, to see if they work or back fire.

Why would a Kul Tiran druid work as a spy or why would the SI:7 let a Witch be a spy? :thinking:

11 Likes

She’s not a druid. Read what I wrote:

If you read her story, it would clarify more.