[A-RP] 🛠 The Gnomish Air Corps - Gnomish Fun!

Argent Archives: /node/224503? or search The Gnomish Air Corps

In-game Contacts: Tienie, Gronvin, Macpuffin, Trizzlesteel, Noaen or any member to forward you onwards.

Discord: contact Drezavelt#3146 for invite

argentarchives .org/node/224830 Recruitment Poster

"The Gnomish Air Corps (GAC) is a collective of volunteer Gnomers and Gnomettes that provide air support to the Alliance via their wonderful gyrocopter flying machines.

This support comes in many forms, some of those forms being, supply drops, rapid troop deployment, ground attack, air to air combat and medical evacuations."

Who can serve?

• As a Pilot : Anyone who passes their Gnomish Aviation Service Practitioner test (GASP). Once this is acquired sign up with your nearest helpful GAC recruiter stationed in every major city. If in doubt seek out a member.
  • As Infantry/Support : Anyone who wishes to aid. Please note that weight restrictions may apply.
  • All races of the Alliance are welcome to serve, but the above still applies, especially the weight restrictions!

OOC Information

• We will aim to be doing RP supply drops to folks doing RP-PVP if we can and support them in other story driven ways. Maybe even being something of a mounted infantry unit to take and hold areas swiftly, not front line fighters.

• This is a guild and a community of volunteers , we will be using discord to organise and maybe the in game communities thing. So you do not have to JOIN the guild in game you can merely be classed as a volunteer and join the community or our discord server.

• We will be holding In Character elections that will be held every other month to select a Flight Commander. Then the commander can select their support staff for the forthcoming two months of operations.

• Everyone is welcome to run events if they so wish, from experiance veterans to new folks wishing to try. We do not have a set /roll or DM system.

Any questions feel free to ask away.

What have we been upto? Update 13.08.19

A short update for y’all!

The GAC and our Allies in The Disfavoured , Stormbreach and with the help from The Court of Dawn successfully defended Westfall from the wicked invaders from The First Empire ! and their allies from The Grimhunt Company , Duskwatch Outriders and a bunch of Highmountain cows… :o

We’re now resting and recovering before out next major outing and will be performing several minor maintenace events of our communication towers following Goblins sabotage! shakes fist at Goblins

Longer update

It was a hard fought 3 days, the first two days the Horde won, pushing us first off the coast and out of Moonbrook before they assaulted at Alexstons Farm the next day along with the surrounding countryside. If it wasn’t bad enough that we were fighting hard against regular units they then deployed their secret weapon, a Giant Devilsaur all blinged up with thick armour and two giant laser weapons on its sides!

This beast made short work of our NPC’s and then pushed the players out of Alexstons and over the chasm. Once there we licked our wounds before the Court of Dawn headed off to wake up an Ancient Treeman from Duskwood who arrived just in time to turn the battle the next day, effectively weakening the Devilsaur before the GAC could finish it off with some armour boreing missiles! Huzzah!

With their beloved dino, Ta’kala, dead the Horde forces crumbled and were forced into a swift and utterly chaotic withdraw. While this was a victory for the Alliance the aftermath was grim, all farms had either been burnt of utterly rutted to fel, barns, silos and the whole on moonbrook was either heavily damaged or destroyed.

We had a blast, it was great fun providing air cover and ground support, the Duskwatch Outriders flanking speed was grand to see in action and all had fun during the three days. Big thanks go out to An’geteb for inviting us along to the event, it was a good laugh and we hope to do something with you all soon enough!

Thanks for reading! Be safe, be well and have fun, till next time. \o

Oh also finished the concept of what our copters look like in the air. You can find it at https://www.argentarchives.org/files/imagecache/gallery_main/gallery_image/Gyrocopter%20colours.jpg

Images of our adventures can be found on Imgur Galleries:

Gallery One /imgur.com/gallery/pbzZEf8

Gallery Two /imgur.com/a/54caW29

Gallery Three /imgur.com/a/hJO5o3B

Gallery Four /imgur.com/a/ikfgW0w

Gallery Five /imgur.com/a/l2I8cQr

Gallery Six /imgur.com/a/Uhm4Nlw

:hammer_and_wrench: Thanks for reading! And Tinker on! :hammer_and_wrench:
Be Safe, Be Well, Be careful!

43 Likes

AD needs more gnomes, upvoted and good luck in people hunting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

More Gnomes! Gnomes are awesome! It’s very good to have you around :smiley:

Face the might of Gnomergan!

3 Likes

Good to see some Gnome rivalry.

2 Likes

Very much hoping to arrange something against you Bilgewater folks once we have numbers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very much looking forward to it!

1 Like

This is looking extremely good.
This concept feels like a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to hearing more from you guys!

2 Likes

What an awesome idea, best of luck

2 Likes

Really excellent stuff. Hope we can work together in the near future!

2 Likes

There’s been a lack of Gnome guilds so far this year, I approve of this concept! Also good work on the Argent Archives

1 Like

Look, if i were a gnome, i would join this guild. I do think it could have a better acronym, though. G.A.C just doesn’t sound funny. I would’ve gone for something like G.N.O.M.E. The Gnomish Northernmost Overhead Mountaneering Elite. But otherwise, this concept is a :ok_hand: from me.

1 Like

True Babubebab, a funnier longer name was an option. But GAC or Gak itself is kind of the noise a cat makes while throwing up…

I am sure some folks could come up with a better acronym for the Heritage armour but I got Highly Effective Rigorously Integrated Tactical Armour Gnome Edition. shrug

4 Likes

Wait, what sound does a gnome make when they throw up?

1 Like

I really want to see a big heavy human who failed the weight check sneaking into a gyrocopter and trying to fly!

This is a great concept and I hope to see you at some cross factions events.

1 Like

Hmmmn…
Quietly makes notes
Excellent. Continue.

3 Likes

Do it, and join the Flier Discord whilst you do, its a friendly place and allows us to actually -do- Cross Faction aerial Pvp!

Aside from that, Gnomes in the Air! **** Yes! There’s actually a Gnomish Air Squadron I’ve been using as a nemesis for a while now, their nacelle’s painted bright yellow, the “Anvilmar Boys” they have been referred to. Moar Fliers! Moar! The Sunhawks are growing to an extent that we can really take on sizeable opposition, so -Bring- It- On.

5 Likes

Amazing concept, I really hope it takes off.

2 Likes

To add something a little milder than Brig’s… bombastic enthusiam, there is indeed a healthy and growing flying community that could always do with more friendly members.

Even though Blizz gives us ‘limited’ (read: nonexistant) tools to do mounted/flying combat, having player to player interaction is always vastly superior to coloured markers and NPCs.

Here’s to stories of brave foes, worthy rivalries, and air aces for Azeroth :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Always good to see more Gnomes out there in the community. Even better seeing such patriotic Gnomes truly flying the colours of Gnomeregan!

Brings a tear to my eye to see Gnomish supremacy at work.

5 Likes

excellent and cool

this is gnow a gnome thread, tallboys get out skreeeeeeee

2 Likes