[A/RP] Tideforged Corsairs ⚓ Kul Tiras Sails Again

(Continued in [A-RP] Tideforged Corsairs ⚓ Closed Thread)

Kul Tiras Sails Again
Weigh anchor! And loose every last bit of canvass!
For Kul Tiras Sails Again!
let all seafarers know, there is nothing that stays us!
The Lord Admiral’s favour is ours!

Weigh anchor! And make for the roar of the lion,
We have salt in our blood, and our will’s made of iron,

Weigh anchor! And load every gun on the broadside,
Our enemies flee, for there’s no place to hide,

Weigh anchor! And roar as the storms come to test us!
For we master the sea, and no rogue wave can best us!

Weigh anchor! And fire ‘pon the ships of our foemen!
For our shepherds and merchants, our artisans and yeomen!

Weigh anchor! And make it back home swift and safely,
We will not stay, we will fight once more, ably!

(Credit for the lyrics goes to Dawnshadow)

Recruitment Poster: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/547901953884028939/548464224637288458/Tideforged_RecruitmentPoster2.png
Recruitment: Open
Recruiting Officers: Jaggerhawk
AA Page: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/219077 (OUTDATED)

Guild Concept

A nautical-themed guild where characters can take prominent positions in a crew of privateers who serves more as an extension to the Kul Tiran Navy than actual freebooters due to a strong Alliance-affiliation and Code of Conduct. However, I think it’s important to point out that despite some militaristic IC elements, this isn’t a military guild but a guild for outcasts and irregular characters can shine and serve their faction through not-so-honourable means.

We don’t have any race restrictions :x: or any uniforms :x: but we strongly encourage nautical themed outfits while sailing. We will pursue DM’d events and storylines making use of D&D style elements through the DiceMaster Add-On with our own custom ruleset.
https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/dicemaster

There will be opportunities to take part in RP-PvP events as in times of conflict, the crew are able to provide (albeit limited) fire support from the ship in areas with coasts and act as irregular troops due to their diverse skillsets. We also wish to provide the means for character growth with side-plots of the member’s own making in collaboration with the Guild Master.

The possibilities are endless with swashbuckling adventures all over Azeroth; going to uncharted islands to meet a quota of supplying Azerite to the Alliance. Transporting passengers and goods from Point A to Point B. There’s also outrigging where you can protect the shores of Kul Tiras from monsters of the depths; even the abominable and twice-cursed Fishbone Marauders.

Rules

Our OOC rules are simple and straightforward; use common sense, adhere to lore, know the distinction between a player and their character and generally don’t be a dick.

However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t IC rules. Infact, they’re more elaborate and extensive as they not only give a clear and defined structure for the guild while also serve as a tool to faciliate more RP for the guild (and whomever chooses to interact with us). Afterall, there are bound to be rulebreakers and it could lead to some interesting scenarios.

Code of Conduct

Section I – Principle Directives

Article I.
Principle directives take precedence over all other articles written. The Articles found in this code of Conduct may not be changed without legal counsel.

Article II.
A. Any man or woman who signs a contract of employment are henceforth considered an employée until said contract have been absolved.
B. Employées are to be held individually accountable for their actions in adherence to the Law.

Article III.
It is the civic duty of House Jaggerhawk and all under their employ, to aid the Alliance in all its endeavors.

Article IV.
All quarrels are to be settled in a civilized manner and in accordance with the Law.

Section II – Civil Rights

Article I.
A. Employées aren’t considered property and aren’t behold to the employer by oath. They reserve the right to absolve the contract provided they are not on deployment.
B. The employer reserve the right the right dismiss an employee from service at any given time; provided that the employée has the means of getting back to friendly territory on their own.

Article II.
A. Employées are entitled to a monthly wage, three meals a day and roof above their heads. No rank shall determine the size of the portions. They also have the right of being treated by a Physician.
B. Any employée who loses a limb shall be financially compensated in addition to their monthly wage.

Section III – Employment

Article I.
A. Employées are considered part of a crew and consequently adheres to the chain of command established by the employer.
B. Employées are expected to obey orders given by the superiors in the mentioned chain of command in all respects. Otherwise it’s considered disobedience.
C. Employées reserves the right to express their opinion but are still expected to remain professional.

Article II.
A. Employées are expected to be punctual, responsible and adhere all the rules detailed in our code of conduct.
B. Employées aboard should carry out their duties efficiently to the best of their ability with utmost care for the responsibilities entrusted to them.
C. Employées have a right to be told clearly what their duties are and to who they are responsible for carrying them out.

Article III.
A. Disobedience is considered a moderately severe misconduct which are valid grounds for disciplinary actions.
(Section VI, Article II. B.)
B. While deployed; disobedience will be considered Insubordination at best and mutiny at worst; disciplinary action will vary according to its severity.
(Section VI, Article II. C.)
C. Deployment is wherever the crew operates, such as a warzone be it on land or at sea.

Section IV - Deployment and Seafaring

Article I.
A. The crew is considered on deployment whenever they’re at sea, assigned to work in a specific area or location, or behind enemy lines.

Article II
A. It is very important, for both the efficient operation of the ship, and to avoid putting extra work on others, to be punctual. It’s expected of any Seafarer to be onboard the designated ship at the appointed time from shore leave or other work.
B. The ship is both a seafarer’s place of work and home. Therefore both personal and shared facilities and accommodation should be used appropriately with utmost consideration of others also using said facilities.

Article III.
A. Disobedience during combat situations will be treated as insubordination.
(Section VI, Article II. C.)
B. To desert the ship or quarters in battle, is considered an act of mutiny and shall be punished accordingly.
(Section VI, Article II. D.).

Article IV
A. Every man or women are responsible to keep their armaments clean and fit for service. Neglecting to maintain the weapons will be considered a less severe misconduct.
(Section VI, Article II. A.)

Section V – Rules of Engagement

Article I.
A. You have the right to use force to defend yourself against attacks or credible threats of attack.
B. Hostile actions may be returned effectively and promptly to stop a hostile act.
C. Whenever attacked by a civilian population, you should use the minimum force necessary under the circumstances and proportional to the threat.
D. Use whatever means deemed necessary to deny assets of tactical and strategic value to any and all enemy forces.
E. In the event that an Alliance of convenience is established with forces normally considered hostile, prepare to eventually be double-crossed and act accordingly.

Article II.
A. It is encouraged to execute any and all Horde forces which do not surrender or is critically wounded in the wake of a battle.
B. Any that declare their surrender verbally are to be treated as per Article III. An act of surrender includes a verbal declaration and the willing relinquishment of all weapons and armour.
C. Enemies which are identified being part of a malevolent force (demons, cultists, undead, etc.) with sinister intentions which goes against the interests of Kul Tiras and the Alliance are to be shown no mercy.

Article III.
A. Any enemy that performs an act of surrender as per Article II. under Paragraph B is to be treated fairly.
B. Any wounds that the enemy suffers after surrendering are only to be treated upon request by an Officer.
C. Use the minimum force needed under the circumstances to keep any rowdy prisoners subdued.
D. Under no circumstances shall any prisoner be a subject to perverted acts. The guilty party will be treated with the harshest of penalties.
(Section VI. Article II. Paragraph D.)

Article IV.
A. Whoever speaks the word of “Parlay” shall be taken to the crew’s captain aboard their ship or land for Negotiations.
B. The person who speaks “Parlay” Shall not be harmed until the parlay is complete.

Section VI - Disciplinary Actions

Article I.
A. Disciplinary actions (otherwise known as punishments) are used to enforce the Code of Conduct which employees agreed to adhere to when signing their respective contract.
B. Should the individual break any local laws, or break the laws of the Alliance they will be taken care of by the local authorities like any other law breaking civilian.
C. Anything which constitutes an act of mutiny such as but not limited to abandoning your post in combat, instigating a coup to overthrow the ranking officer or even defecting to join the enemy warrants the harshest of penalties.
(Article II. D.)

Article II.
A. Less severe misconducts are punished with but not limited to menial duties such as latrine-scrubbing.
B. Moderately severe misconducts are punished with but not limited to either beasting, a cut in pay, flogging or spending time in the ship’s brig.
C. More severe misconducts are punished with but not limited to spending time in the brig alongside either, a demotion, loss of privileges, flogging or even a dismissal from service.
D. The harshest of penalties are reserved for those guilty of mutiny and they can range from but are not limited to maiming, keelhauling or execution.
(Article I. C.)

Article III.
A. Any punishment of a subordinate delivered without any grounds is considered an unlawful act.
B. Personnel attached to the crew from another arm of the Alliance Military are exempted from some disciplinary actions provided their reasons are valid.

Recruitment

Anyone who seeks to join the guild ought to know that on an IC basis. Your character will need to sign an employment contract before they will be actually considered a member of the crew. This is to add to an extra layer to immersion and marks the first stepping stone of a swashbuckling adventure.

Employment Contract

This Contract of Employment is made effective by and between you, the individual (henceforth addressed to as the “Employee” or otherwise simply referred as “You” and Baron Adolphus Jaggerhawk, the Lord of Jaggerpoint and Captain of the Daring Spirit (henceforth addressed to as the “Employer” or otherwise simply referred as “We” or “Us”.

It’s a legal agreement where you, the employee acknowledges that you’re joining the the crew of privateers known as the Tideforged Corsairs and may be subjected to hazardous situations and conditions which may lead to severe injury or even death. The Employee may only terminate this contract of employment while not on deployment. However, the employer may terminate the contract at any given time.

You’re juridically entitled to a monthly wage with three meals a day, a roof over your head and the free services of a physician. Should you lose a limb while serving with us, then you’ll be financially compensated according to its severity alongside with your monthly wage.

Your responsibilities while serving with us is dependent but not limited to your skillset and area of expertise. You acknowledge that you shall carry out your duties efficiently and to the best of your ability with utmost care for the responsibilities entrusted to you.

As an employee, you’re expected to be punctual, responsible and adhere all the rules detailed in our Code of Conduct. You agree by joining us that in the event of any misconduct done by you that we reserve the right to exercise disciplinary actions depending on the severity of your misconduct. You also acknowledge that we’re not responsible for any illicit or otherwise criminal activity committed by you while on deployment or on shore leave.

Lastly, by signing this employment contract. You acknowledge that you’ve read and agreed to abide by our terms and everything relevant to them and the rules detailed in our code of conduct.

As any other guild around, we are looking for members who share our enthusiasm for RP in the Warcraft setting and doesn’t mind high fantasy concepts. Preferably the character won’t just be an alt which you never log on again.

If your character fits these categories, then they’ll be a good fit.

• Member of the Alliance :white_check_mark:
  • Lore Friendly :white_check_mark:
  • Doesn’t mind or plan to level to max. :white_check_mark:
  • Doesn’t mind wearing Nautical-themed garments :white_check_mark:
  • Capable of Character Growth :white_check_mark:
  • Not Invincible :white_check_mark:

Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to decline anyone at our own discretion. Therefore characters who fit the following categories will not be considered for recruitment.

• Death Knights :x:
  • Demon Hunters :x:
  • Teenagers :x:
  • Absurdly Over-powered :x:

Each character who joins the guild are given a responsibility aboard the ship which is suited to their area of expertise. This is to better reflect the distinction between player members and the NPC Crew. There’s also the option of just being a Sailor if that’s your cup of tea (or coffee).

Ranks

Captain
Founder, paperpusher and probably most importantly, the funding patron of the Tideforged Corsairs. This stubborn git essentially calls the shots and make sure there’s always a plan in motion; no matter how vague.

First Mate
Monthly Wage: 2 Gold
(Position is Vacant) :white_square_button:
Mostly considered a counterweight to the Captain’s authority and acts as his second-in-command.

Warrant Officers
Monthly Wage: 1 Gold
Warrants Officers are essentials links in the chain of command who has given responsibilities aboard the ship which is deemed crucial to its function.

Tidesage Officer :white_square_button:
Boatswain :white_square_button:

Midshipman
Monthly Wage: 80 Silver
Practically officers of the most junior rank among the Tideforged Corsairs; a mark of seniority among the crew who have been given a a degree of responsibility aboard the ship which is deemed vital to its function.

Master Gunner :white_square_button:
Ship’s Doctor :white_square_button:
Navigator :white_square_button:
Tidesage :white_square_button:

Crewman
Monthly Wage: 70 Silver
The backbone of every ship is the crew; able bodied men and women of various backgrounds and skill sets coming together to face the challenges both found on land and at sea. More often than not, they’ve dedicated vocations suitable to their skills.

Sailor :white_square_button:
Cannoneer :white_square_button:
Carpenter :white_square_button:

Associate
Mainlanders, Passengers, allies or fresh fresh recruits. This is where they all begin, or stay. Quite frankly this is generally where everyone

However, those who aspire to climb the ladder to become a guild officer doesn’t only need to show initiative but also earn the trust of their fellow guild members before they’re deemed suitable for a Warrant Officer rank or above.

18 Likes

Avast! So ye decided to get ye own crew of blighters to be hidin’ behind when death ultimately comes knockin’ at ye hull… An’ et be comin’, matey! Tha Fishbone Marauders do not forget an ‘em be as unforgivin’ as tha sea…

This man is one of the best naval role-players I had the pleasure of role-playing with and I’m looking forward of doing so again! I can just recommend to board the Daring Spirit and make the experience yourself, best of wishes to you, Jaggerhawk!

7 Likes

High praises from a dead and twice-cursed man. After our next encounter, make it thrice-cursed. Always a pleasure to be endorsed by the most fearsome and insidious pirates of the depths there is.

9 Likes

Best of luck my friend, Let me know once you set up things and we could possibly arange some trade. You are also more than welcome to use our harbor in Paw’don as a supply station for your Southern Sea adventures!

7 Likes

How nice to see your guild idea fully fledged out! Looking forward to run into you and your crew in the future. 10/10 would recommend! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Most fearsome indeed, better get your crew rallied and brace them to dance with death itself. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Probably the best Nautical RP dude I’ve had the pleasure of playing with and definitely who I’m going to be hitting up when the Kul Tiran fleet arrives to the Alliance in earnest.

5 Likes

Looks amazing, wish you the best of luck with it and maybe i Rp with ya one day.
Long live Kul Tiras.

5 Likes

Tha Captn’ be a good lad! He be teachin’ me how to read an’ write… See? T’already be workin’ out!

2 Likes

Today, we’ll say good bye to the Ogre Island featured in Rogmasha’s amazing “Ogrepowered” campaign. The Tideforged Corsairs will have the fortune (or unfortune) to carry the Bladecrest Sentinels (and other passengers) across the Great Sea to Kalimdor. A perfect opportunity to show-off some seafaring prowess!

EDIT;
After an eventful voyage across the Great Sea which involved everything from drinking games to trashing the crew quarters to hangovers. In addition we were also hijacked by a random dungeon master which result in a brief ship-to-ship action and the rescue of night elven sailors from their sinking ship. Overall, it was way more eventful than I had anticipated but everyone sure had a good blast!

You can to, join us today!

3 Likes

Kanista had the fortune to book passage with the crew’s ship from the Eastern Kingdoms to Feralas. Despite my character suffering from sea sickness the voyage went well and had quite a few interesting happenings so if you are a guild or individual looking to travel across the world’s sea don’t just take a portal, enjoy a day or two travelling with these lot!

3 Likes

@Jaggerhawk I’ll capture you in the next campaign. Just you wait.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your praises and endorsement (including threats). It really warms my heart in time for the holidays. The Tideforged Corsairs are being kept busy, our recruiting efforts is underway and we’ve grown in numbers alongwith having the resident medic Lucas Henvir taking up the position as the Ship’s Surgeon while Alexendra Catherine Jaggerhawk, the Captain’s daughter takes the position as the Ship’s Purser!

With the next content patch just a few days away and the holidays fast approaching, we’ll stick to our guns and eventually set sail again for an adventure upon the High Seas before the holidays smacks us in the face!

1 Like
  • Good RP

• Pleasant people out of character

• Fun to interact with

• Lack enough rum

These are the opinions that they left me after RPing with them for a while in the Ogrepowered campaign. Overall great guild and people. Love to see this forum thread being so detailed, providing more than enough information about the guild; something most other guilds I’ve not seen do this well. Best of luck!

2 Likes

If it isn’t my favourite sailor.

Awesome guy and awesome guild, 10/10.

3 Likes

As of last night, the Tideforged Corsairs set sail from Stormwind City aboard the Daring Spirit; something which could be aptly called a cesspit. Especially considering what shennanigans took place while they were actually at port; arguments aplenty, a pickpocket, a hat thief, dim-witted death knights but there has been some good moments in-between such as carousing, banter, recruitment, meeting old and new acquaintances.

That being said, the Tideforged Corsairs won’t be returning to Stormwind for a while as our preferred harbour of choice will be Boralus for the forseeable future. Tonight though, we’re going to explore an uncharted island for deposits of Azerite!

1 Like

Had the enjoyment of knowing Jaggerhawk for several years and he has always been a naval RP’er at heart. Inventive with eye for detail!

2 Likes

Been apart of the guild for little under a month now, great people and great rp overall. You can tell that the GM knows what he’s talking about when it comes to ships which lends a credibility and realism to the naval side of the rp. - Same goes for one of our newer recruits, name of Harkstead.

I recommend giving us a go, heartily!

3 Likes

Now with the holidays over and done with, we’re finally about to get the guild into action. We will still docked in Boralus for another week or so before setting sail; giving present members time to wake up from their winter hibernation (myself included). It also provides the opportunity for those whom still haven’t joined us IC’ly to do so before our next nautical adventure!

If your character is in Boralus, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for some random RP as we’d like to encourage Boralus’ growth as a potential RP Hub in 2019 which seems to be more likely considering the impending release of the Kul Tiran Allied Race in patch 8.1.5.

3 Likes

I seriously can not wait to see Jaggerhawk with the new allied race model. It is going to be difficult to picture him different.

I can only imagine his height will tower over Sena.

2 Likes