[A-RP] [Warlock] Eredun Lullaby - Scholarlicious!

Coming soon in a Lakeshire near you, our next public lecture! Placeholder date is currently in the week of December 4. Due to popular demand, our next topic will be curses! Feel free to contact us with suggestions, questions, and ideas.
27/11/2017 01:31Posted by Mayliffe
Due to popular demand, our next topic will be curses!

Will there be live demonstrations on unwilling Gnomes?
Only one way to find out! Come and watch!
I want to formally welcome the influx of new members we've had! If you feel interested in joining or cooperating (eg for shared events) give us a poke here, on WoW, or the Alliance Warlock Discord!
Bump!
Our Argent Archives page has been finally updated! https://www.argentarchives.org/node/82752
Hello everyone!

With Christmas closing in, we the warlocks of the Eredun Lullaby wish everyone happy holidays! In line with the holiday spirit, we're going to take some time off from organising major events, including our public lectures.

Do not despair though! First of all, we're not death knights. Second, we have not one but two awesome lectures in the works for January onwards!

We the warlocks of the Eredun Lullaby will now spend some time doing casual RP, or quality time with our families. We like people's families here. After all, they can prove a nice source of a few extra soul shards. #kiddingnotkidding

Our official holiday will be between December 20 and January 3, but we'll still have people logging on and doing stuff. Just don't expect us doing much serious stuff in the meanwhile.

Happy Holidays!
Recruitment is currently closed.

Looking for some warlock(s) for your guild event? Drop us a line! We're always happy to do cross-guild events!
Recruitment is open again!
How does one RP with you guys when not being a warlock or associated with you?
Surwich is pretty out there. Do any people RP there, other than you?
I don't play on Alliance often.
We're currently taking a few days for a trip to Kalimdor, being up to no--- ahem, plenty of good as always!
05/02/2018 20:09Posted by Alarìs
How does one RP with you guys when not being a warlock or associated with you?
Surwich is pretty out there. Do any people RP there, other than you?
I don't play on Alliance often.
And, a big sorry for a belated reply! I don't check the forums as much as I should, all things considered...

We use Surwich for 'static' guild events such as meetings, and the occasional casual RP; otherwise you may find us either at different event locations (eg. Kalimdor right now) or Stormwind going about our individual/own casual RP.

Surwich sometimes attracts different guilds which try to use it as a base, the latest was the Nightfall Brigade to be precise, but this rarely lasts long given it is isolated and with few RP opportunities.

If in doubt, whisper or mail any of us in-game!
17/02/2018 11:48Posted by Mayliffe
We use Surwich for 'static' guild events such as meetings, and the occasional casual RP; otherwise you may find us either at different event locations (eg. Kalimdor right now) or Stormwind going about our individual/own casual RP.

Duskwood is also suitable perhaps? Lately it has been pretty much a desert.
I'll bring it up with the members and see how that works!
We're finally back home! Kalimdor was dangerous and turbulent, but quite the experience indeed.
17/02/2018 16:23Posted by Rostane
17/02/2018 11:48Posted by Mayliffe

Duskwood is also suitable perhaps? Lately it has been pretty much a desert.

That makes me wonder, what happened to Darkshire? In the rogue campaign it was a cult base and got razed. Was it rebuilt? Is there any canon lore about that?

What are your current IC reasons for warlock secrecy? Are Warlocks persecuted or anything?
With DKs , DHs and Void Elves being accepted(sometimes more sometimes less) members of the Alliance, do warlocks still need to stay in secret at all? I might one day even make a warlock to join the fun!
My guess is, I don't think a void elf is allowed to do any void magic in the cities? A death knight probably wouldn't be ok with throwing out a pestilence, as would a warlock probably be arrested for summoning a demon or throwing around fel magic amongst people, even though they as people are somewhat accepted.
10/03/2018 14:02Posted by Alarìs
That makes me wonder, what happened to Darkshire? In the rogue campaign it was a cult base and got razed. Was it rebuilt? Is there any canon lore about that?

In the rogue class campaign Darkshire has suffered a bit of a massacre, but there's certainly survivors, including at least one Night's Watch member, Ladimore, who hadn't turned coat. Chances are life goes on despite the setbacks, but we lack confirmation that points that way (or, conversely, the other way).

What are your current IC reasons for warlock secrecy? Are Warlocks persecuted or anything?

This varies. The primary reason is that warlocks weren't always as accepted on the server as they are now. While I never doubted the legality of the warlock in the Alliance, it was also hard to doubt that zealots would try killing you anyway. A big reason is also discretion: people don't like warlocks, and we don't want to upset our neighbours. We're nice people, after all, and conscious about the Alliance and its constituent communities!
With DKs , DHs and Void Elves being accepted(sometimes more sometimes less) members of the Alliance, do warlocks still need to stay in secret at all? I might one day even make a warlock to join the fun!

No, warlocks don't need to stay secret. But, just like death knights and demon hunters, warlocks aren't exactly liked either, so take that into account! If you want friendly pointers to warlock role play or any associated topic feel free to contact me in-game or via the AD Warlock Discord server!
10/03/2018 20:10Posted by Doltri
My guess is, I don't think a void elf is allowed to do any void magic in the cities? A death knight probably wouldn't be ok with throwing out a pestilence, as would a warlock probably be arrested for summoning a demon or throwing around fel magic amongst people, even though they as people are somewhat accepted.

As far as I can tell, that is indeed the case. Not sure on the exact legal status, but it's guaranteed that nobody will like such magic being used either way. Even if you don't get arrested, you could get lynched or have a few teeth punched out of you, at best. Plus, it's pretty much confirmed that demons walking around Stormwind aren't allowed, so extending that treatment to the demon hunters, death knights and void elves isn't that much of a stretch.
Recruitment is now open! If you want to reach us, you can do so OOC through in-game whispers, in-game mail, or the Argent Dawn Alliance Warlock Discord!
For the fans of our lectures, we have news! There should be a new lecture next Friday, and details of it will be posted in the evening of Monday! In fact, we have several new appealing topics, as well as a whole series in the works!