A solution to kill the boosting in classic/classic+/fresh

Sorry mate but you are misguided. Real oldschooler play ERA or p-serv, as they don’t care about the race that comes with “fresh”. “Fresh” is a speedrun concept : all the eggtimers are reset so sweaty neckbeards have a new shot for first boss kill.

It is certain “fresh” will attract minmaxers, they are the main target of this product. It attracts those who say “this time I will do it right. Last time I leveled to 60 in 6 days, I can do it in 5!” It’s a challenge mode. And if it becomes seasonal (spoiler : it will, because blizzard is lazy and seasonal servers are the best way to recycle old content without any effort), it will be speedrun-land.

Fresh also attracts those who say “the server has opened 24 hours ago, is it too late to begin classic ?” and stuff like that. It’s a competitive/speedrun mentality : they think it is a race and not a mmorpg.

Oldschoolers who play slow are happy to play anytime, without a care about other players’ progression. So they now play on ERA or p-serv.

3 Likes

How do you know? and how are you so sure about that? I know alot of players who want classic fresh, and they are not hardcore minmaxers. Pathethic…

Because I play there, with oldschoolers, as I am one. And because it is logical that “fresh” is a speedrun initiative appealing to achievers. And because it already happened in Everquest with seasonal fresh servers. We have empirical proofs of what happens in this kind of context.

What is “pathetic” is to ignore all facts and imagine an improbable head canon, like you do here. You live in your mind, I live in reality.

1 Like

Wrong.

… and comparison between everquest and wow? double you, T, efff, to that…

my toughts why blizzard hinted fresh a month ago is because when official release back in 2019 was launched with minimum #nochanges, etc… well, it became a hell-fest. world buffs wars, guilds disbanding cause of world buff wars, players quitting because of world buffs wars, horde faction litherally camping storm-wind and ironforge seeking to eat their world buffs, forcing alliance players to quit, switch server, etc. the staying-offline-main-character-for-days cause of world buffs, stupid, really stupid you ask me. and chronoboom displacer just came too late. there are so many reasons, i could go on and on and on…

fresh, new changes, smart changes, wise changes, maybe even a deeper story, (more content), who knows? classic+ perhaps? who knows?..

“i live in my mind, you live in reality”… who are you trying to be? yikes

/shoo

Won’t work.

I would rather hear a solution for the bots - problem, which is by far the superior problem than the mage-boosting.

1 Like

Yes, why do you propose to tell others how they can play? Some of my chars I#ve levelled all the way, some I’ve boosted to quickly play with friends. You don’t get to force me down a path that is best for you.

1 Like

Because your way of playing is making a dent in how he plays, that’s why he has the right to tell you. It’s the main point of liberalism: You can have all the freedom in the world to do whatever you please until it infringes on someone elses freedom to do whatever they please.

But now his freedoms are infringing on my own. He gets exactly what he wants, at the expense of what I want. That is not how liberalism works at all

You’re muddying the waters, hopefully not intentionally. Your question was "Yes, why do you propose to tell others how they can play? " and I answered that. You got your explanation.

And to continue: do I think it’s a good trade to remove all instances of boosting at the expense of you not getting 100 % XP (but 100% quest complete and all fun social stuff) when your buddy boosts you once every second month? Take a guess.

Fair, he can propose it. We just shouldn’t allow the proposal to go forward. I like to decide how I level my chars. If people did not want to boost, people would not do it. I wish the OP luck, and do hope that he can find instance groups the old fashioned way, should he wish, but he hasn’t stated he’s struggling to do that thus far. If he’s not, then how the rest of us play should be of little consequence to him, should it not?

He does but what he doesn’t have a right to is stopping us playing that way.

1 Like

The old way has shown negativity. You can keep being indenial and delusional, but u’ve heard it, u’ve seen it. You know damn well about it.

So this time, let’s give change a chance. Don’t be afraid of it.

No. You are stopping me playing the way I want to, if you can’t get a group join a levelling guild.

Why are you talking? You dont even want fresh. I’ve seen you around in many different topics about fresh.

That’s where you are wrong. I just think it won’t be popular.

And in those you see me say I am not against it and that I don’t think it will be a popular as a lot of people think it will be.

Besides, why are you attacking me and not the points I make.

Y i k e s.

If people did not want to boost, people would not do it.

I’m happy you serve me these clichees that are so easily disposable. It’s also a good learning experience for you. The reason why this isn’t a valid argument is because of human nature. People almost always pick the path of least resistance. If you introduce a button that would turn anyone to 60 in a click we both know it would be heavily used. We both also understand that some things (we don’t need to specify what) would be missed
and that it would hurt the gameplay experience.

Furthermore, the problem with introducing a choice like that is that the alternatives for most rational players becomes forced. Either you take the long way around or you take the shortcut. People aren’t stupid. People are lazy and smart.

He does but what he doesn’t have a right to is stopping us playing that way.

There, there. It’ll be alright. Go back to thinking about if a fresh start means classic or classic tbc.

The old way has shown negativity. You can keep being indenial and delusional, but u’ve heard it, u’ve seen it. You know damn well about it.

Yeah, I completely agree. Players abused it and it fostered a bad atmosphere, “forced” players to choose boosting at the expense of normal dungeon runs and risks of open world pvp and it clogged up /trade. It needs to go.

1 Like

Well, at least I know how to quote properly on the forums.

OP sounds like a delusional guy anyway.