Abusing "World" Chat - Impersonating Blizzard Staff

Hi there,
We have a “little” problem on Shazzrah. It is well know that the channel “World” has been used for communication by classic community. This is a “private” channel, but it is supposed to be used by everyone looking for group or even for simple “chit chat”.

They are impersoanting Blizzard staff as well: telling players what is good and what is not. E.g. they were banning players for asking “layer” and we all know that switching layers is totally legit unless you use exploit etc.

I think no one has the right to impersonate Blizzard staff (some of them are talking about billing support as well). Would it be possible e for a blue to look into this matter? : ) Thanks.

2 Likes

Owner of the channel can ban iirc. And respect to them btw. If only gms would also ban those f#kers in lfg

6 Likes

We are sorry to hear that Pyrewood Village World Chat™ does not have the same quality moderation as here at Shazzrah EU World Chat™. If you make the transfer to one of our protected servers, we can assure you that all forms of layer hopping spam will be swiftly removed, with further infringements resulting in a ban.

We hope to see you around Shazzrah in the future, safe travels, adventurer!

3 Likes

Posting link of private chat is against TOS; not to mention that it is made up (false).

6/10 MC after 1 month and calling other clowns (Hahahaha ROFL). Need MOAR wipes! Instead of focusing on passing to each other the “privilege” of World chat, you should ask yourself why you have such a terrible PVE progress. It is kinda useless to continue the conversation. Whatever you say is a compliment.

Many thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your… wipes (in MC… BWL etc.)! : ) kisses

Haha this thread is amazing.

It’s good to see layer swap spam removed honestly, it’s just annoying.

6 Likes

Don’t get banned from world chat in the first place :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This was a problem on the early private servers thats why they changed /world to a default channel. Private servers have done a lot of things right.

2 Likes

First, i laughted. :slight_smile:

But after all, Kaneo should unban you.

Because i don’t know how that work, but if you can’t access the world channel or read it, you can just stop to play the game … Like me, for example, i’m playing with pug, and without world chat just how can you play the game ? All the dungeon group are made in this channel …

Unban him please. But i guess it’s to late, now the owner of the channel is probably another person.

In Horde Shazzrah, we don’t have any problem with that. All people who are leader of the channel never try to do that. I saw some guys was banned in World Chat on the release day, but since it never happened or maybe i’m not aware of that.

Anyone who asks for layer invites on open channels gets a report and an ignore. Good on them for banning them. Stop ruining classic with the layer abuse.

4 Likes

Join the channel “layer” if you want to ask for layers.
Join the channel “LookingForGroup” to find a group, (take into consideration it is case sensitive"). This channel is default aswell and has no players as mods.

World chat is just a random channel everyone joins for whatever reason and I agree with that mod, the world chat is for chit chat, not LFG or layer spam. Same should be applied to Trade chat. Trade chat is for trading only not lfg spam.

4 Likes

Yeah true, please don’t ask layer change in world channel. It’s annoying. If you want to layer change, send a message on your friends or online people in your guild.

If you don’t have friends or guilds … you can ask random people (just type /who), or join the layer channel : /join layer

Doing God’s work dude.

2 Likes

Go back to school and learn to read, no where in those screenshots did you misrepresent him self as a Blizzard employee.

And him posting the chats isn’t “naming and shaming” - he is defending him self against your baseless accusations, with actual proof.

• you how ever did “name & shame” his guild in your initial post, gj on that.
3 Likes

Sorry but this is hilarious.

They’re not impersonating Blizzard, and World Chat is an unofficial channel, so anybody in there long enough automatically gets powers in that channel.

Use LookingForGroup (/join lookingforgroup) channel instead, it’s official by Blizzard and can’t be controlled.

3 Likes

Good guy moderators. There’s absolutely no reason to force a layer change unless you want to exploit it for material gathering or mob manipulation.

4 Likes

You guys are absolutely based.

Godspeed, world chat moderators

6 Likes

Funny as fuq. Thanks, this getting me through the work day. You’re doing God’s work.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words everyone

You can rest assured that the Lads will continue to moderate World chat to ensure that everyone has a layer spamming and abuse free experience :slight_smile:

9 Likes

How are they impersonating Blizzard Staff? Unless they are actually claiming to be a GM they aren’t doing anything wrong.

World is a player created character and the controls are the same as any other player created channel. The person who owns the channel will change constantly and they can do what they want while they are ‘in power’.

On private servers the people running the servers could monitor/control the channel but in WoW it’s just another player channel with no moderation other than what the players decide to do themselves.

3 Likes

Blizzard have been crystal clear on what the function of the Layering mechanic is, and exploiting it to gain an advantage over those who play the game as intended is not it ;D.

Edit:
Please give me an example of a reason to ask for a new layer that is not exploiting the system.

2 Likes