Account restricted

Thats must be kidding. Bonedrummer said he has troubles in HARDCORE(He hasn’t switched on SSF mode while creating character. Its clearly understandable in his message)
Blizzard whats wrong with you? You’ve just changed the rules without any warning or blue post and made big ISSUES for people playing this game not only on SOD. People on ERA/HC have the same troubles.

3 Likes

In other words you welcome new players by not allowing them to play for a full month? Are you actually kidding?

6 Likes

My account is 2 month game time paid already. Still restricted. So don’t rely on 30 days, it could be more or permament.

2 Likes

Did you buy the “full feature” version for SoD or only normal sub?

Just made new account for SoD, paid 6 month subscription and get trade locked after few days of play, wasting time on season start. Nice blizzard. I am not going to sit and wait 30 days paid time to be able to play game. Better charge all the half year subscription back. Never seen such crazy decision, while playing since vanilla.

17 Likes

I paid for a month on February 24, but I couldn’t renew until 3 days after my first subscription. now they penalize me for not having money.

I’ve got nothing to do with season of discovery and i have this restriction, what even is season of discovery, i’m on firemaw - EU … is that season of discovery ?
Cmon, this can’t be real, i still have to wait 20 days or so to use auction house while i was able to use it 3 days ago ? That’s CHEATING, you just changed the terms of use i DID NOT AGREE to when i downloaded the game.

4 Likes

Hello there, my name is Chaoui and I´m a new wow player. Some friends convinced me to start playing SoD together. And to be honest the game was really fun the first few days. I enjoyed crafting stuff and leveling my professions a lot and obviously I sometimes had to buy mats from the AH in order to do so. Now you are telling me that all of a sudden after a week of everything being perfectly fine I won´t be able to do those things anymore and play the game properly (a paid game) ? You´re also telling me that I basically can´t really do anything else in the game without throwing valuable stuff away as my inventory is constantly full? Another scenario let´s say I get something one of my friends playing another class could use and I don´t need so I could give it to him or her - I won´t be able to (as I was in the first few days of playing) because I can´t give it to him neither by trading nor by sending it via mail?

→ Your solution is to wait 30 - I repeat THIRTY days until I might be able to use basic features of an MMORPG (a paid MMORPG) ?

I paid for the full price subscription to a game that has been out for decades no early access, f2p or nothing. There was nowhere mentioned that it´s a different subscription for the first month and that paid for features could suddenly be locked for a certain time. I would understand if it was a demo version or whatever but it is the actual game. So everything worked as promised the first few days and I´m being honest I really really enjoyed playing your game - but now besides the paid subscription topic you´re telling me that the whole time of the so called “beginner grind”, the time a game has to convince a player in order to stay I can´t use a lot of the normal and for an MMORPG in my opinion essential features like the AH, mail or trades? - I know you´re a huge company but that can surely not be the way to go because even though I really like the game I couldn´t advise anybody else to start playing the game under those conditions.

I hope that I made my point clear - me and I guess a lot of the other people affected would really appreciate an explanation and a different approach to this topic.

Kind Regards

18 Likes

This is happing on Classic Era servers as well.

4 Likes

I’m in WOW CLASSIC - Firemaw EU - I don"t even know what SEASON OF DISCOVERY is…
I started playing WOW in 2004 when i was 13 years old.
I 've quit at the panda expansion, and now i returned to play the CLASSIC experience again. That is including Auction house and Mail, and trade.

I never accepted that i have to pay 1 month of game time to not being able to use the basic game features…
Turn this back. It’s the most ridiculous decision you could ever make.

9 Likes

I want my money back. I’m going to make an appeal on PayPal

10 Likes

My account is not new and i played in Vanilla/TBC/Wrath era. Then after a long pause i decided last week to reactivate to play SoD and got suddendly restricted as well today. I mean wtf.

4 Likes

I actualy dont care about tokes, im not commonly WoW player.
My friends call me to play WoW SoD, “dude , after being purchased by M$ Blizzard doing good things with classic go check this out.”
Okay, i checked. Im new player, and i am SUPPOSED by your statement to play without auction play WoW, MMO WITHOUT AUCTION, you just tell me wait a MOUTH, repurchase subscription, so i can play? Are you kidding?

Greetings It seems you’re encountering WoW restrictions related to trading, mailing gold, or using the auction house on a character created as self-found or on a Seasonal realm. Your account has not met the requirement of purchasing and consuming at least 30 days of game time since 2017. Here’s what you need to know: • Self-Found Characters: You can turn off this limitation in-game if your character is self-found. • Account Game Time Requirement: If your account has yet to consume at least 30 days of game time since 2017, you’ll need to wait until this criterion is met before accessing these features. This restriction includes a newly created account. To resolve this issue: 1. For Self-Found Characters: Check in-game settings to see if you can disable this restriction directly. 2. Meeting Game Time Requirement: Ensure your account has consumed at least 30 days of game time since 2017. If not, you’ll need to wait until this condition is fulfilled to access trading, mailing gold, and using the auction house. If you’ve already used 30 days of game time and are still facing restrictions, please follow these steps: • Sign out of the game entirely for at least 12 hours. • If the issue persists after this waiting period, I recommend reporting the bug on the WoW forums. Depending on your region, you can use the following links: • NA: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/ • EU: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/ Reporting the issue on the forums will allow Blizzard’s support team to investigate further and provide specific assistance to resolve the restrictions you’re encountering. I hope this helps, and good luck with getting back into the game without any issues!

Awesome, just awesome CYA! :clown_face:

7 Likes

I have been subscribed since February 24 I haven’t been able to use the ah for 3 days

4 Likes

Dear support
For complete enjoyment, a ban on game chat is not enough, also for 30 days, please

5 Likes

Dear Forum Readers,

Do you know what blizzard came up with to counter ‘bots’ ?
-Since the new ‘Season of discovery’ they implemented something new, without telling anyone…
All new subscriptions that did not consume 30 days off gametime yet, are restricted from using the Aution house, sending in game mail, or trading with other players.

I for example started playing wow in 2004 when i was 13 years old and i’ve quit the game with the Panda expansion. A week ago i decided to return to the amazing world of warcraft as i heard we were able to play the classic version as it was in 2004-2005. So i paid a month subscription and started playing.

EVERYTHING WORKED FINE. I was able to use the Auction house, send mail and trade with other players, till all of a sudden blizzard decided to restrict all these features till all of the new accounts have ‘played’ or actually ‘paid’ 30 Days of gametime.

Like a bot company can’t make a massive amount of accounts and wait for 30 days to start botting again…

It’s crazy, they just changed the way the game works in mid-game, without any notice or even when implementing without saying anything… so we actually all thought it was a bug, but NO, it’s as real as it gets, they mean it, they just destroyed the game for all new players.

i’m so dissapointed, thinking to cancel the subscription and never return again.

Kind regards,
A really dissapointed returning player.

9 Likes

Using class trainers might be too much for players in their first month as well, don’t you think?

4 Likes

24 Feb 2024 World of Warcraft® Subscription - 1 Month|€12.99 Complete Order #EU744906057
28 Mar 2024 World of Warcraft® Subscription - 1 Month €12.99 Complete Order #EU752109775

30 + days.
Cant use ah, trade, mail

1 Like

What can i do

so you take 12,99€ for a month in which im not allowed to trade, send stuff to my alt and use the auction house?

this is insanity. i cant trade/ah for half of the season???

4 Likes