AD around the world 🌎

For sure, given that I do not partake! I will gladly have a mocktail tho.

I just woke up and don’t know what just happened :laughing: in any case I hope the thread continues through the positivity road.

Not really. Nothing political about where someone is from. But to each his own. The thread itself is harmless and most are just mentioning their hometown or food.

Glad to see so many different answers in the thread. AD is very diverse :grin: !

Here is a famous local food for those interested.

6 Likes

This is making me hungry.

1 Like

That dish looks incredibly delicious!

1 Like

on the topic of food. one of my team at work found out that we are having international food at our annual conference this year instead of a traditional christmas dinner

literally told me she doesn’t eat “foreign food” and that she will bring her own

she then found out that there is going to be some italian dishes

“oh okay i like that”

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/7pQhIUU_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

(This always comes in handy.)

'ate me foreign muck
'luv me lasagne

Edit: on a side note, as amusing as these memes are, always found them to have a touch of classism about them. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

foreign food :nauseated_face:
chicken tikka masala :drooling_face:

1 Like

I have yet to try deep fried Pizza, hotpockets etc. Apparently in Britain you can get all of that.

Bearan once showed a picture of a “munch box” that had deep fried pizza, kebab roll, oniom rings, fries and nuggets in it that could have fed a small army.

I would like to eat that, yessir

1 Like

based atahalni

1 Like

Munchy boxes are for the days you choose violence via cholesterol.

3 Likes

pizza crunch is a national delicacy

1 Like

I formally invite all AD’ers to the UK for a culinary adventure and meetup.

4 Likes

I do like many foreign food, but Italian dish has a special place in my heart.

The only problem with it is that I can’t eat the restraunt ones it gives me heart burn and acid reflux.

But authentic Italian dishes made at home is always great with a side of grape juice (since I can’t drink wine it’s a perfect substitute haha)

Soon I won’t even need to go to the UK to experience UK food

https://news.err.ee/1609164079/domino-s-pizza-launching-in-estonia

2 Likes

So that is what it is called
 Pizza Crunch.

Okay one thing. It is pronounced PIZZERIE, not Pizzerias.

And also, you just don’t put banana on a Pizza. Like, stop. Now.
STOP.

Aaah. I already feel better now.

I’m winning at life just because I married an Italian who loves to cook.

1 Like

I don’t want to address all other comments not to start it all over again, I think we’ve already settled it down. Plus we are lacking a lot of context on both our perspectives which I don’t want to get into now. But as for this statement
 On the one hand, you are right. But at the same time whenever I see that countries are involved (happens a lot in Trade Chat, too) there are inevitably a lot of complaints and comparisons. Even if you are starting to simply discuss the economy or domestic issues. It’s still politics. One of the few things that are actually harmless is food. Food is universal, yuumy-yuumy, hungry hoomans love to eat. Which is great. Maybe that’s why everyone started to discuss food when things got messy.

2 Likes

British food is good. Confirmed here at last.

Time to eat your words Valteryl, and then shortly after eat some beans on toast.

2 Likes

Living in the Netherlands :netherlands: in the Leiden area, but gonna be moving to the UK :uk: to move in with my partner