Addressing Population Concerns in WoW Classic

This is very cool

Thank you Blizzard, thanks for solving those game-breaking queues. Don’t listen to these #NoChanges divas, our time is so precious and we can’t waste it on a 4-hour queue. Great decision!

1 Like

Most of those ppl don’t seem able to think rationally man :’p

I think blizzard is the best company, they actually listen to is unlike bioware and other cash grabbing mmo companies.

Thank you for solving the queue problem, thanks for listening to us. When we complained about no transfers and no bgs you gave in and helped us, the 6 million human males are forever gracious.

I love you blizzard

one off s*itiest private server where i have played

6 Likes

how is using layering even on the table?!
if people dont like long queue’s they can simply just take the free tranfer!

this will affect the economy on all servers (people will abuse layering like hell for however long its up, stack tons of black lotus aso- and they will eventually take a free transfer to a server without layering and make insane gold profits)

PLS dont do this! its already bad enough!

2 Likes

go back to retail then.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/g44byr/quote_that_did_not_age_well/

1 Like

This is all fine and good… But it only targets high-population servers with queue problems. What about servers like Ten Storms? We’re having massive problems recruiting people for guilds/raids since we have a decline in players. Will we be able to fuse with another server or what are your plans for such servers?

1 Like

the one thing that will significantly help the problems in classic as well as deal with the stupid queues, and the one thing that will cost them money instead of gaining them money so it’ll never happen, god this company sucks

You should just lower max population to 1/10 of the actual so we’ll finally have a real Vanilla experience rather than this crowd of boys (and bots) that forces every1 to min max in order to get basic resources.

1 Like

I don’t really see the reasoning behind this because there’s no harm in letting more people make use of free character migration if they’d like too, right? Unless you want to make people pay for it instead ofcourse…
I think people on all servers which has layering enabled should be offered free character transfers to less populated servers. If I had the option to transfer (for free) from Ashbringer to a PVE server I’d do it in a heartbeat.

1 Like
1 Like

Imagine complain for wpvp and making coalition with the horde. Impressive how disgusting you can be.

Please no.

@Justicesoul: I think you meant something slightly different than what you wrote, because your suggestion literally taken would mean Blizzard would have to open in excess of 800 (eight hundred) new realms…

1 Like

I can come midground if the resource spawning gets increased accordingly and cross realm BGs get removed.

We asked for Vanilla also for the community feeling which gets completely deleted by having servers 10 times bigger AND crossrealm. Plus the refusal of making “active respawn” also for resources has brought us inevitably to go on a min/max route, removing a lot of the chillness of the game.

1 Like

If 4 hours queue didn’t make people transfer, maybe layers will

This is all and good, but what are you going to do about the ingame-economy?
Or more to the point, what are you going to do about the Black Lotus problem? At the moment they are camped by multiboxers that more or less have a monopol on them. BL are currently 190g/each on horde 140g/each on alliance on Ten Storms (and i know that its even worse on other servers), and they will ONLY continue to increase in value, especially with AQ and Naxx. Most of the multiboxers are converting them into IRL money, so you should really do something about it. The problem is aswell that with the current setup with the BL, its only like 8 guilds on a server that can raid with flasks each week when Naxx hit (unless they start stacking up now)

In my opinion you should remove the BL spawn points, and made it so that every herb in the current BL zones, have a chance to spawn as a BL with the same spawntimer ( between 45-70 min respawn), so no one can camp them out and control the marked.
The #nochanges have been thrown-out the window long ago, so thats not really an argument. Might as well fix this issue ASAP!

This is one of the most incompetent posts made by one of the most incompetent and disingenuous teams of IT “professionals” I have ever encountered.

Edited to add: blaming said incompetence on a pandemic is truly a breathtaking admission of a lack of both foresight and hindsight.

Edited again to add: Ofc it’s not the peons who are to blame and nobody will ever get rewarded for putting their crock on a block. It’s the management and corporate infrastructure that is entirely responsible for this shhit show.